2023 Recruiting: - Why five-star forward Taylor Bowen could be New England’s next great basketball star | The Boneyard

2023 Recruiting: Why five-star forward Taylor Bowen could be New England’s next great basketball star

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Article from today's Boston Globe. I'm still not sure how hard UConn is recruiting him.

College coaches have noticed. Duke and Kentucky have expressed interest, Bowen said. Bowen made an official visit to UConn and holds offers from the Huskies, Providence College, Rutgers, Maryland, Iowa, LSU, and USC. He’s looking for a school that marries strong academics with an elite basketball program.

Why five-star forward Taylor Bowen could be New England’s next great basketball star

Reaction Score
I don’t see anything special with him, not a 5*. I rather stick with our players, Akok and Samson as they are in the same mold.

Reaction Score
I don’t see anything special with him, not a 5*. I rather stick with our players, Akok and Samson as they are in the same mold.

He's one of, if not THE, best defender in his class. Good ballhandler for 6'9. Offensive skills are a work in progress.

You do realize Akok will either be gone or have 1 year left by the time Bowen would arrive, right? And Samson will be a junior? You don't really get to "stick with our players" forever .. they run out of eligibility.

Reaction Score
He’s class of 23. Akok will be gone by the time he’d be here and Samson would be a Junior.
I understand upperclassmen will be there but we already have guys signed I rather give my minutes to. Good length but nothing special. If we lose out oh well. You can always find another Bowen.

Reaction Score
I understand upperclassmen will be there but we already have guys signed I rather give my minutes to. Good length but nothing special. If we lose out oh well. You can always find another Bowen.
That’s fine, but your original post said we didn’t need him bc of Akok and Johnson, not because of other guys signed.

Reaction Score
He wasn't a top 25 ranked recruit. Rated 43, 50, 45 and 56 by the major recruiting services at that time.

McDonald’s All American is not bad at all. I don’t go by rankings, just the eye test. He’s an ok player not a 5*. He has length. I like ball players like Karaban and Floyd Jr…..when it comes down to it he probably won’t go to UConn so who cares.

Reaction Score
McDonald’s All American is not bad at all. I don’t go by rankings, just the eye test. He’s an ok player not a 5*. He has length. I like ball players like Karaban and Floyd Jr…..when it comes down to it he probably won’t go to UConn so who cares.
I'm not going to argue whether he's fairly ranked or not but I'm curious where and how much you've seen him play.

Reaction Score
I'm not going to argue whether he's fairly ranked or not but I'm curious where and how much you've seen him play.
Like everyone I see clips… I can be wrong like I have been in the past or right. 5* I do not see. Same goes for Karaban , he’s a baller I’m glad we picked him up although he’s not highly ranked.

Samoo

Providence-Newark-San Antonio
Reaction Score
Like everyone I see clips… I can be wrong like I have been in the past or right. 5* I do not see. Same goes for Karaban , he’s a baller I’m glad we picked him up although he’s not highly ranked.
Except for the members that watch full game tapes - or god forbid - actually attend games and watch recruits in person...

Reaction Score
Except for the members that watch full game tapes - or god forbid - actually attend games and watch recruits in person...
Information doesn’t always equal intelligence. It took 5 minutes for Jerry West to know Kobe was special and shut down workouts.

Reaction Score

I've watched him play in multiple full games. He's probably a little over ranked but not by much. I'd put him around 40-50 until he improves his shooting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom