Why Even play SCJ? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Why Even play SCJ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
He's a solid shooter at times but I feel like that is nullified by how he can be a liability on defense against good talent
He needs to work out with Balis more often it seems

Reaction Score
That's funny so you are saying our bigs "help"? Hey the kids not great on D because of foot speed agree, but neither are our bigs so lets not blame him for their foul issues.

C'mon. Brimah's one of the best help defenders in the country. The front court is clearly the strength of the defense.

Reaction Score
C'mon. Brimah's one of the best help defenders in the country. The front court is clearly the strength of the defense.
Great on help d, needs ALOT of work on post d. Isn't strong enough to be a good post defender right now

Reaction Score
Great on help d, needs ALOT of work on post d. Isn't strong enough to be a good post defender right now

No doubt he's been a poor post defender, but his value as a help defender far outweighs his shortcomings as a post defender, especially seeing as Ollie has proven to be one of the best in the country at scheming for low post players.

Reaction Score
I sometimes wonder if Sam realizes a fade away is a bad shot. I know dad shot similarly, but if you gave papa Sam an open three he wouldn't fade away. His shot was more traditional on a normal shot. I'm not so sure about younger Cassell. He might just shoot a fade away on an open shot.

Reaction Score
I sometimes wonder if Sam realizes a fade away is a bad shot. I know dad shot similarly, but if you gave papa Sam an open three he wouldn't fade away. His shot was more traditional on a normal shot. I'm not so sure about younger Cassell. He might just shoot a fade away on an open shot.
It took Kobe years to master that shot, and it didn't happen when he was young. Jordan too faded later in his career. Surprised Junior is relying on it so early, its a skilled shot and hard to make.

Reaction Score
No doubt he's been a poor post defender, but his value as a help defender far outweighs his shortcomings as a post defender, especially seeing as Ollie has proven to be one of the best in the country at scheming for low post players.

He misses his chance to help most of the time, please watch the game. He had 4 blocks yesterday against Sacred Heart and they scored about3-4 lay ups in his face. All with 6'6 guys or less. He was better yesterday, it was Scacred Heart we need him to show up against a good team on occasion. Right now if he was as good as Emeka Okafor was by the end of his freshman year we'd be a much bette team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTSuitsky

Top Bottom