Why don’t you guys do conference threads? | The Boneyard

Why don’t you guys do conference threads?

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
It’s fine on this board and easier to read

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
I think we're used to do one daily game thread.

Most of the serious conference tourney action was last weekend right before this forum went live. I'm sure we'll put it to good use eventually.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
If my panthers and aggies were still in it their respective tourneys.......Believe me you would see a Big South and MEAC Final thread........ but alas... both were upset...... so my heart isnt in it. :oops::(

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
This is one of those "different strokes for different folks" sort of thing.

I tend to be a "game-hopper." I like being able to comment on multiple games within the same thread, and I don't mind reading comments from folks who are watching other games. But I guess I can see how some would find it confusing or disorienting.

If there's a single game that is particularly important and compelling, and it figures to warrant more extensive discussion, then I can see the value of single game-specific thread.

At this point I'm not in favor of having conference-specific threads between now and Sunday because there are 15 different conferences still in action, most of which will garner only sparse discussion. That would have been better when the power conferences were still in action, perhaps.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
We can probably get some game specific threads going during the Tourney.

IWearShoes

Mississippi State
Reaction Score
With little else going on in WBB, there are some interesting storylines (to me) this weekend.

Like to see Lamar win the Southland so steal queen Chastadie Barrs can play in the NCAA Tourney.

Staying in Texas, I'm interested in Rice. How good are they? Basically 0 quality wins among their 27. If they lose the CUSA tourney are they bubble with 27 wins?

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Staying in Texas, I'm interested in Rice. How good are they? Basically 0 quality wins among their 27. If they lose the CUSA tourney are they bubble with 27 wins?
Charlie said some time ago that Rice's resume is "really thin" but they would be "in the mix" if they lost in the C-USA final.

I kinda doubt it, but really their resume wouldn't be much different than UCF's.

Reaction Score
I agree. Now that the P5 tournament games are over, none of these games are really worth a single thread. @Shades, come back!

Reaction Score
I agree. Now that the P5 tournament games are over, none of these games are really worth a single thread!
A cluttered mess was not a good idea before. It's still not.
#voteNOonmultiplethreads

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom