Why don’t we find some midrange shots | The Boneyard

Why don’t we find some midrange shots

McLovin

Gangstas, what's up?
Reaction Score
With guys struggling to score, you’d think we’d try to run some stuff to get open looks from 13-17 feet.

Get some of the shooters feeling it early.

Everything is either at the rim/paint or beyond the arc.

Shots at the rim are contested and shots beyond the arc we can’t hit right in an empty gym.

Watch for our (lack of) midrange game tonight.

Maybe this will be a positive jinx.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
With guys struggling to score, you’d think we’d try to run some stuff to get open looks from 13-17 feet.

Shots at the rim are contested and shots beyond the arc we can’t hit right in an empty gym.

The way teams play defense now, running out at 3 point shooters, the midrange is often wide open.

McLovin

Gangstas, what's up?
Reaction Score
It doesn’t have to become a staple of our offense. But I’ve said this here a lot recently… a lot of our struggles (especially on offense) seem mental.

Sometimes seeing the ball go through the hoop early can get the shooters some confidence.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Cole takes some. But it's just generally true that shots inside the 3pt line are more efficient at the rim. Doesn't mean never take them, but I'd rather our high flying wings force bigs to foul at the very least. Also none of our bigs can shoot well enough to really make the 15 footer a good shot.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score

Some dork will chime in with analytics of why it's a bad shot to take and totally miss the point that made shots are better than missed shots.

Reaction Score
Sometimes, sometimes it is good juju, like the foul line jumper against the 2-3 zone.

You don't see that much any more. Generally from the foul line you're looking to dump it to a big in the short corner or kick it out to shooters or cutters.

Not to say you shouldn't take it ever... but that's a better 3rd look than first option.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Plenty of mid range shots tonight from Cole, Martin and Whaley.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
You don't see that much any more. Generally from the foul line you're looking to dump it to a big in the short corner or kick it out to shooters or cutters.

Not to say you shouldn't take it ever... but that's a better 3rd look than first option.
Only if you can make them.

8DF08F69-7B06-466C-8446-CD8C5C3C82BF.jpeg

When I look at those numbers I see the two point shot as being more favorable.

Reaction Score
I feel like we need to get Hawkins going with some looks within 8-10 feet. He's missing jump shots badly right now and is struggling to score inside with his frame. Let him see the ball go through the basket a bit and hopefully his 3 point shot will improve.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
Our offense is geared around three players shooting, so we likely won’t see anyone take a 10-12 ft. jumper.

Reaction Score
Cole and Martin need to be sold on the idea that they can do what they did tonight at will when inside the 3 point line. Mid range and driving. That is the recipe. It will also free some “shooters” up as well outside.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
We take plenty of mid range shots, they just happen to be Sanogo double teamed fade away jump hooks.
With Sanogo healthy, I don’t mind those all that much. What I don’t like is giving Sanogo the ball at the free throw line and having him try to back two men down.

Psolo12

Future Doctor of Law
Reaction Score
Ah yes, our offense is bad so let’s scheme to get more of the lowest percentage look in basketball. Everyone knows that teams like Baylor, Villanova and Gonzaga rely on the mid range to open up their offense.

Reaction Score
Ah yes, our offense is bad so let’s scheme to get more of the lowest percentage look in basketball. Everyone knows that teams like Baylor, Villanova and Gonzaga rely on the mid range to open up their offense.

We don't have outside shooters like Baylor, Nova, or the Zags.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Simon

Top Bottom