OT: - Why does soccer appeal | Page 3 | The Boneyard

OT: Why does soccer appeal

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I am highly annoyed at how far UConn soccer has fallen. There is no good excuse. Long had a top ten men’s team and a top 2 women’s team.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
College soccer has had it's day. Just in time for the new stadium.

Reaction Score
V.
riveting:
HELLTOWN BEER: US Cable Soccer Viewership, Dec 22-28
how many decades now where soccer will be 'the next big thing on tv?'
still no.
i totally get anyone being a fan of, well, any sport. the part that is ridiculous is when aficionados yell 'u have to pay closer attention to the nuance!'
no, we don't. still mindnumbingly boring for the rest of us 329,500,000 not watching it on tv.
ergo, it's viewing 'appeal' to us is factually untrue, and remains such.
on the udder hand, this is what exploding tv viewership looks like:
'In 2020, The Cowboy Channel, RFD-TV, The The PRCA on Cowboy Channel+ App and Rural Radio doubled last year's ratings. It was the most watched NFR of all time.'
Wrangler NFR Viewership Doubles in First Year on The Cowboy Chan - The Cowboy Channel

NFR at dallas cowgirl stadium, in march, will be yuger. folks like watching stuff happen. get ur tix!
and, the Cowboy Channel is now on Connecticut cable, so if u can't make it down, u can still watch it live. noice.

Factually incorrect and small dick energy in your post.

Reaction Score
I played soccer but never beyond middle school (like many youth). Really got into it when I played FIFA years ago and then went to a a game while in Swansea back in 2010. Been a fan ever since. The game is just amazing and a joy to watch. Like others have said, the fans alone make every game so intense due to their passion. You can be playing the last team in your league and yet everyone is chanting, cheering, singing, and carrying on. It's unreal.

The fact that every game matters also makes soccer more interesting. Whether your team is involved or not in the promotion/relegation race, it's still something to love and follow in the last few weeks of the season. Teams at the bottom are legitimately fighting for their survival due to the financial implications and prestige.

The transfer window is something that is exciting and for fans outside of the Big 5 in English soccer, can be a period of nervousness for losing your best player.

Almost every game can change at any point. Games are usually separated by a goal and the other team can change that lead at any point. So you are constantly on edge that your opponent will level or your own team will level the score. Stoppage time can be nerve wracking for many reasons.

Finally, the games go for 2 hours and then they are over. No hours of games due to commercials.
Yup. I was lucky to be in the right place at the right time and experienced the 2002 World Cup in person. Been hooked ever since.

Reaction Score
I tried to watch Rugby and Cricket. I just can’t get any traction with it.

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
V.

Factually incorrect and small dick energy in your post.
still mindnumbingly boring. and, why do you hate the Cowboy Channel? where else would we get our Secret Service members from, cuz i ain't seen them advertise on any other channel.
u seem to be having a rough go of it. here, have a cookie.

Reaction Score
still mindnumbingly boring. and, why do you hate the Cowboy Channel? where else would we get our Secret Service members from, cuz i ain't seen them advertise on any other channel.
u seem to be having a rough go of it. here, have a cookie.

The only thing that is Mind numbing is words and thoughts of you and your ilk.

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
Try playing with 2 balls at the same time. Think of the added excitement.
this is a brilliant idea. capital. outstanding. marvelous in its' simplicity. big fun!

Reaction Score
Bunch of hipsters. "Oh, rugby doesn't require talent." Any and every sport does at top tiers.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Bunch of hipsters. "Oh, rugby doesn't require talent." Any and every sport does at top tiers.
Rugby might just be worse than lacrosse.

Reaction Score
Rugby might just be worse than lacrosse.
I've been around people who've played both. Heck, Iron Maiden even appreciate rugby. Their manager uses his lavish income and global passport to go to rugby World Cups. Those have games way more entertaining than soccer WCs.

Reaction Score
I've been around people who've played both. Heck, Iron Maiden even appreciate rugby. Their manager uses his lavish income and global passport to go to rugby World Cups. Those have games way more entertaining than soccer WCs.

In your opinion.

Reaction Score
What's up with the hooliganism in soccer? Heard there was yet again another English premier problem with fans.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
What's up with the hooliganism in soccer? Heard there was yet again another English premier problem with fans.
They hate America.

Reaction Score
Hooligans are basically rednecks.

As someone quoted, "Rugby is a ruffian's sport for gentlemen and soccer is a gentleman's sport for ruffians." Redneck hipsters.

Reaction Score
The Super League fiasco was spearheaded by Americans.
Last I checked, the four remaining teams aren't owned by Americans but Europeans and don't have fans rioting. Inter Milan has Chinese owners.

Unless someone puts a billion into Norwich City, I think it's time to accept promotion and relegation is outdated. The clubs that were meant to be the most successful became self evident through the pyramid structure.

Reaction Score
Last I checked, the four remaining teams aren't owned by Americans but Europeans and don't have fans rioting. Inter Milan has Chinese owners.

Unless someone puts a billion into Norwich City, I think it's time to accept promotion and relegation is outdated. The clubs that were meant to be the most successful became self evident through the pyramid structure.

Tell that to Leicester City.

Reaction Score
Tell that to Leicester City.
Oh, and Blackburn Rovers.

I was going to make a point of those 2 "clubs" but thought common sense would prevail, so thank you for feeling so motivated to correct my post.

Reaction Score
Oh, and Blackburn Rovers.

I was going to make a point of those 2 "clubs" but thought common sense would prevail, so thank you for feeling so motivated to correct my post.

I don’t think you understand the purpose behind promotion and relegation.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
You don't know what spearhead means, do you?

Reaction Score
You don't know what spearhead means, do you?
The president is the dude from Real Madrid and only one VP was American.

I understand the purpose of promotion and relegation. This is seriously kindergarten talk. Maybe promotion and relegation served their purposes? Teams from the largest cities and make the most money won out. By far. Freaking Norwich City doesn't have a global fanbase. All of the 12 Super League teams do. Duh. Do any of you have any experience with corporate business? Profits trump culture. Europeans are now open to the franchise model being more profitable, because it is. It's a freaking monopoly on any sport. That's why American teams are so valuable. You guys are also definitely hipsters.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom