Why does ESPN disrespect the UCONN WOMEN? | The Boneyard

Why does ESPN disrespect the UCONN WOMEN?

Status
Not open for further replies.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
wh.gif

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
We suck*d shooting wise and only lost to a very big team by 11 and I think the final MOV was due to our feeling of desperation in the last 3 minutes.

AND I HATE LANDERS because he hates Geno and UConn (he's jealous of everything UConn).

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
lol
Andy & Geno are friendly
I wouldn't know, but I do know I was in the concession line at a high school all star game at one of the final fours and Andy (still coaching in the day) and Bill Laimbeer were next to me in line. And UConn was being complimented by both of them to each other, how well Geno develops players, etc. Just sayin . . .

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I wouldn't know, but I do know I was in the concession line at a high school all star game at one of the final fours and Andy (still coaching in the day) and Bill Laimbeer were next to me in line. And UConn was being complimented by both of them to each other, how well Geno develops players, etc. Just sayin . . .
Thanks for sharing that.

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
Ok, I must be on drugs or something because even though they may be friends I just got the impression that Andy did not particularly like UConn and their success, based upon his pregame, halftime and postgame spots. I thought that he is a bit of an SEC homer and that played a part in my thinking but that could be the drugs kicking in again.

Reaction Score
Who cares if they don't do a big dazzling intro for the away team? Hell the ND PA announcer called us University of Cincinnati just a month ago. Did anyone really expect Baylor to have flames and smoke and laser light shows with thumping bass hip-hop music to introduce the Huskies? If they did cool, if not, no big deal. UConn in general doesn't do a lot of that kind of thing, but it's neat to see other schools put in the effort to entertain a crowd for the benefit of WCBB. And there's zero chance ESPN hates UConn. How does one even draw that concluson?

Monte

Count of Monte UConn
Reaction Score
It was said during the telecast last night, that the Baylor crowd gave Uconn a standing ovation when they came out onto the court.

Reaction Score
Ok, I must be on drugs or something because even though they may be friends I just got the impression that Andy did not particularly like UConn and their success, based upon his pregame, halftime and postgame spots. I thought that he is a bit of an SEC homer and that played a part in my thinking but that could be the drugs kicking in again.
That might be part of it. The SEC is practically a cult. 'Bama could be kicking the crap out of Arkansas in a football game 67-6, and the Razorback fans will, on cue in the fourth quarter, start chanting essss-eeeee-seeee, essss-eeeee-seeee. Maybe they just don't understand how sports scores work (or that 67 is greater than 6) the way most of us do here in the northeast, but that whole thing is a bit weird to me.

Reaction Score
It was said during the telecast last night, that the Baylor crowd gave Uconn a standing ovation when they came out onto the court.
Geno loves 'em. Has said so many times, including in his pre-game press. Said he wishes he could take them home with him.

Reaction Score
We suck*d shooting wise and only lost to a very big team by 11 and I think the final MOV was due to our feeling of desperation in the last 3 minutes.

AND I HATE LANDERS because he hates Geno and UConn (he's jealous of everything UConn).
Cripes sakes, that's just not true. Landers is very respectful of Geno and UConn. If you said Fortner, now, I might listen....

Reaction Score

Holly Rowe said they gave Geno the ovation

Reaction Score
I was at the game. The UCONN team was NOT introduced first or ever before the game!!!!
That would be surprising thought both teams introduced just a bigger production for the home team which UConn does or has as of last year

Reaction Score
Who cares if they don't do a big dazzling intro for the away team? Hell the ND PA announcer called us University of Cincinnati just a month ago. Did anyone really expect Baylor to have flames and smoke and laser light shows with thumping bass hip-hop music to introduce the Huskies? If they did cool, if not, no big deal. UConn in general doesn't do a lot of that kind of thing, but it's neat to see other schools put in the effort to entertain a crowd for the benefit of WCBB. And there's zero chance ESPN hates UConn. How does one even draw that concluson?
How about that ESPN has played a critical role in keeping UConn out of the ACC! I think that fact speaks for itself. Such was stated by then BC AD and Connecticut native (traitor) DeFillippo.

Reaction Score
How about that ESPN has played a critical role in keeping UConn out of the ACC! I think that fact speaks for itself. Such was stated by then BC AD and Connecticut native (traitor) DeFillippo.
I can't speak to that. I don't know that any of us can really.

Reaction Score
You just need to go back and read his statements to the press back when the BC to ACC mess was evolving.

Bama fan

" As long as you lend a hand"
Reaction Score
I can't speak to that. I don't know that any of us can really.
I would have expected a really smart guy from the northeast , who understands the way sports scores work, to be able to speak to anything under the sun. By the way, some really dumb guy from Arkansas, who said he was unsure of how complicated things like sports scores work, told me that they chant SEC ,SEC because they are proud to play in the same conference as Bama. . Can you wrap your highly sophisticated northeastern brain around that concept? If not , I'll get my sooey pig buddy to give you some remedial education. :rolleyes:

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
I would have expected a really smart guy from the northeast , who understands the way sports scores work, to be able to speak to anything under the sun. By the way, some really dumb guy from Arkansas, who said he was unsure of how complicated things like sports scores work, told me that they chant SEC ,SEC because they are proud to play in the same conference as Bama. . Can you wrap your highly sophisticated northeastern brain around that concept? If not , I'll get my sooey pig buddy to give you some remedial education. :rolleyes:

We are in the AAC. We try to downplay our conference affiliation. :oops::(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak