Why do we walk so much? | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Why do we walk so much?

HuskylnSC

North is a direction; South is a lifestyle
Reaction Score
But, as pointed out by others already, what if you take a jump shot? As you rise up off the floor, your pivot foot changes, so would a jump shot be a travel too? Or, when a jump shot happens, does this mean the pivot foot no longer exists because you are airborne, so that is why it isn't a travel?
There are a lot of situations where there is no pivot foot and others when both feet are a pivot foot (meaning you can't move either foot) and other times when either foot is the pivot foot and the player gets to choose which one is the pivot. To answer your question, a travel is when you change pivot feet. A jump shot is a transition move. While the player is in the air he has no pivot foot and as far as the rules they are technically where they were when the left the ground. When the player lands on the jump shot, they no longer have possession of the ball and are not traveling.

npignatjr

Npignatjr
Reaction Score
The perimeter traveling calls at the start of a move are called often incorrectly and varies by officials. More annoying to me is the quick held ball calls in the women's game.

Adesmar123

Can you say UConn? I knew you could!
Reaction Score
I have watched men's and women's basketball for decades and frankly I have never seen a team commit so many traveling violations. It mostly happens when we catch a pass and initiate action. Did anyone one keep track of how many times we turned the ball over because of traveling last night versus how many times Marquette did it? Why can't we stop doing that?
Because the bus is stuck in the snow?

Reaction Score
This confuses me a little- is starting the dribble when the ball actually strikes the floor, or does a dribble begin when the ball is released from the hand towards the floor but maybe hasn't hit the floor yet?
When the ball is released from the hand towards the floor.

Reaction Score
Perhaps the UConn women are trying to model a great health benefit. Even my doctor has told me I needed to walk more :rolleyes:.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom