Why do we schedule Sunday afternoon games? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Why do we schedule Sunday afternoon games?

Status
Not open for further replies.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
As a Giants fan, I assure you this weekends game did not factor into my plans in the slightest.

I'm actually going to the Giants game.

I'm going to the Temple game and eyed the Central double header as well. Mentioned it to my wife and got a quick: 'pick one'.

C

Chief00

I'm glad I'm not the only one who hates the Sunday games. This really is a home schedule from hell - I mean between all the Sunday games, the New Years game at 1, the 11:00 game, and all the terrible opponents, we really got screwed. Even the one marquee match-up was at noon on a Sunday on thanksgiving weekend.
Agreed, the XL fans really got screwed this year and you can add to your list taking 800 seats out of the lower level. The UConn administrators seem to be tune deaf regarding falling attendance despite two NC's the last 5 years.
I think SNY does do a very good job with the games but other games on the CBS Sports Network are poorly produced and my guess watched. Is it worth shafting your most loyal fans?

Reaction Score
Agreed, the XL fans really got screwed this year and you can add to your list taking 800 seats out of the lower level. The UConn administrators seem to be tune deaf regarding falling attendance despite two NC's the last 5 years.
I think SNY does do a very good job with the games but other games on the CBS Sports Network are poorly produced and my guess watched. Is it worth shafting your most loyal fans?
UConn had no say in removing those seats. Not that those would be full to watch any of our AAC duds.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
UConn had no say in removing those seats. Not that those would be full to watch any of our AAC duds.

Yeah the renovation was a good thing so I'd take that one off the list.

Those seats suck anyway - I don't get how UConn or some people value the different XL seats.

Reaction Score
Love these Sunday XL games. No commuter traffic. Don't have to take the day off. Great XL schedule this year. And the brew at the XL this season is ice cold!

Reaction Score
Love these Sunday XL games. No commuter traffic. Don't have to take the day off. Great XL schedule this year. And the brew at the XL this season is ice cold!

You had me right up until "Great XL schedule this year"

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
I thought there were 3 local NFL teams. How sad.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
We used to play a lot of Saturday night games back in the 1990's, and then channel 8 would rerun them Sunday morning. I do miss that kinda stuff. But during football season, we do seem to play more Sunday games than anyone. After football season, Sunday games have less conflict.

I don't like it either

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman