why do we keep having mike patrick do our games? | The Boneyard

why do we keep having mike patrick do our games?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Didnt he used to do most of the ACC games in years past? Guy puts me to sleep, he should be doing Golf, not any sort of sport where there may be a possibility of excitement.

Reaction Score
He was one of the losers in conference realignment.

ACC invited Jay Bilas and let Patrick go the AAC.

shouldn't there be a warning in the beginning to "Mute" this broadcast? i know posters on here like doris burke, i cant stand either

Reaction Score
Why do we always complain about the damn commentators? Stop taking it out on them and blame out players for never showing up to begin games

uhhhhhhhhhhhh, what are u talking about? Stick to the topic or dont post at all. i'm not complaining about the players, im complaining about the announcers

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
We don't "have" Patrick do our games. We're assigned commentators by the network.

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
Mike Patrick is a worse version of Verne Lundquist, which in its own right is impress. Only thing is I have a soft spot for Verne because he was at MSG with Raftery in last years tournament.

Reaction Score
Mike Patrick is a worse version of Verne Lundquist, which in its own right is impress. Only thing is I have a soft spot for Verne because he was at MSG with Raftery in last years tournament.

they really need to go younger, whoever it is that controls the announcing group, they need to have people that add to the excitement of the game

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
I don't think he actually watches the game. It's up to the color commentator to tap him and let him know something's happening. He just makes so many factual errors. On one sequence in the 1st half, boat tipped a temple pass and Rodney picked it off and broke down court. Patrick says the pass was thrown away. Then, after we scored, he said it was interesting to see us fast break off a miss rather than a turn-over. Huh? What the hell was he watching?

Reaction Score
He was at the game at Memphis and is given a stat sheet and still just said UConn shot only two free throws Thursday night. Lol he's bad

Reaction Score
They were fine it was our team that stunk today

Reaction Score
they are terrible, they just add to the awfulness that is our conference and the way this team plays

Reaction Score
Sorry but if our team was playing great the announcers would have something 'real' to talk about. Sure they may not be good/appealing but I really believe our team is partly contributing to this.

Reaction Score
Sorry but if our team was playing great the announcers would have something 'real' to talk about. Sure they may not be good/appealing but I really believe our team is partly contributing to this.

this is more than just their knowledge of the game for me. They just dont relate well to the current game. They feel outdated. Watch a gus johnson or Kevin Harlan game and then watch one with Mike Patrick and Doris burke and tell me which one seems more exciting/ done better. Mike patrick no matter what game it is puts u to sleep, and doris burke just is annoying.

Reaction Score

Indeed.

Reaction Score
this is more than just their knowledge of the game for me. They just dont relate well to the current game. They feel outdated. Watch a gus johnson or Kevin Harlan game and then watch one with Mike Patrick and Doris burke and tell me which one seems more exciting/ done better. Mike patrick no matter what game it is puts u to sleep, and doris burke just is annoying.
I never cared for Patrick, Doris at least has her head in the game, to me. She was spot on with Brimah not protecting the lane (think Shaq). Also her comment on Purvis going back into the lane was a decent observation. She is not for everybody but she has some bball knowledge.

Reaction Score
I remember seeing somewhere that with some audio systems you can cut the sound of the broadcasters and just get the crowd and playing noise like being at the game. Not sure if this is a real possibility. Does anyone have any knowledge on this?

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
The Mike Patrick/Len Elmore is frustrating to listen to. I much prefer Sean McDonough/Jay Bilas/Bill Raferty from the ole' Big East Tournament days.

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
The Mike Patrick/Len Elmore is frustrating to listen to. I much prefer Sean McDonough/Jay Bilas/Bill Raferty from the ole' Big East Tournament days.
Well then keep waiting for those guys to cover our games, because unless its a big OOC matchup or a rare Top 10 AAC matchup, we will probably almost never see those guys, they are property of ACC now (Raf is FoxSN and CBS too), its like ESPN is single handedly re-writing CBB history with the death of the BE.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CT2SC

Top Bottom