why do we keep having mike patrick do our games? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

why do we keep having mike patrick do our games?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I love it when our team plays like crap and we blame the announcers. They didn't gush enough.

Reaction Score
I love it when our team plays like crap and we blame the announcers. They didn't gush enough.

unreal, did u bother reading what the thread was about or did u take summer classes in AFAM? I wasnt bashing the announcers because the players were playing like crap, i simply cannot stand either announcer because they bringing nothing to the games they announce and are quite possibly the most boring crew out there. they need to go younger with the announcers not 2 middle, late age announcers who could put a baby to sleep.

Reaction Score
unreal, did u bother reading what the thread was about or did u take summer classes in AFAM? I wasnt bashing the announcers because the players were playing like crap, i simply cannot stand either announcer because they bringing nothing to the games they announce and are quite possibly the most boring crew out there. they need to go younger with the announcers not 2 middle, late age announcers who could put a baby to sleep.
Yeah,you think they're lousy. What you don't get is that Patrick at least has some name recognition and it's the best we can do in this league. We're not getting Dan Shulman or Jay Bilas. I think that we win this game going away, the announcers say more good things about our team and no one gives a damn if they're boring. Those two at least know our team (even if they pronounce wrong) as they have done a lot of games, are they great? No. Also, one reason it got boring is that Temple put the game away with 8 minutes left, if we made it closer...... Who do you want on the games?

Reaction Score
Yeah,you think they're lousy. What you don't get is that Patrick at least has some name recognition and it's the best we can do in this league. We're not getting Dan Shulman or Jay Bilas. I think that we win this game going away, the announcers say more good things about our team and no one gives a damn if they're boring. Those two at least know our team (even if they pronounce wrong) as they have done a lot of games, are they great? No. Also, one reason it got boring is that Temple put the game away with 8 minutes left, if we made it closer. Who do you want on the games?

My point has nothing to do with the quality of the game and solely on the announcers. If the game was a nail biter going into overtime, i still don't like the announcing crew. And yes, I care if i have to mute the game or not because i can't tolerate the announcing crew. You really don't think that the announcing crew matters at all? You dont think a game is more fun with an exciting announcing crew? I would take Kevin Harlan doing a game even if he couldn't tell the different between Brimah and a walk on. I would take anyone else doing the game. Look at the crews that do CBS and fox games. Outside of Verne Lunquist and Raftery, most of the announcers are younger. I'm sure it mostly has to do with it that we are in the AAC and get the bottom of the barrel .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CT2SC

Top Bottom