Why do we act like UConn is the only top team that plays weak teams? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Why do we act like UConn is the only top team that plays weak teams?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
UConn in-conference schedule is tougher than some team's OOC schedule

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
a very cogent presentation, indeed. as long as people (though not so many as there once was) continue to waste money as they did watching games like the towson game , you're going to have complaints about the schedule. oh, how i wish i had the $75-$80 back that i spent to see uconn play howard last year. what was i thinking?
You spent $75-80 for tickets to the Howard game?

Reaction Score
In the day Tenn calling card was that without question they played the toughest schedule bar none. I began to believe that it ended up hurting them in the tournament. Fatigue, burnout, injury and just being over stressed at the end of the season ended up hurting them in my opinion.

I believe our schedule is to tough this year and may hurt us in the end due to what I describe above. Stress is accumulative and we will be experiencing a lot of it.

I think you want the team to have the confidence that they can beat anyone. However, I wouldn't want my team walking on the court tired, beat up and over stressed.

The schedule keeps getting tougher every year and I think it has become to tough over the last couple of years.

vtcwbuff

Civil War Buff
Reaction Score
You spent $75-80 for tickets to the Howard game?

I think that's pretty cheap. I went to the Howard game and it probably cost $100+. Tickets, gas, parking, food, concessions, it adds up and I didn't count what my wife spends in the co-op.

vtcwbuff

Civil War Buff
Reaction Score
I think the point isn't that UConn plays a weak schedule - they don't. The problem is that there aren't enough decent teams available so teams like UConn end up playing teams like Holy Cross, Towson, Pacific etc. In the last few years games with those type of teams have been underattended. There was a time when even those games would sell out Gampel but a number of factors have changed that.

Reaction Score
I think that's pretty cheap. I went to the Howard game and it probably cost $100+. Tickets, gas, parking, food, concessions, it adds up and I didn't count what my wife spends in the co-op.

it is probably true that i spent more than $80. it was hard enough to admit that much to myself,being the tightwad scotchman that i am. it was simply not worth the money, and they play many games each year that are just not worth the money. how geno can wonder about low attendance is beyond me.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
And we from the Clan Armstrong would say to you, boon, that it is "scotsman" or just "scot." We save the Scotch for drinking. :cool:

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
In the day Tenn calling card was that without question they played the toughest schedule bar none. I began to believe that it ended up hurting them in the tournament. Fatigue, burnout, injury and just being over stressed at the end of the season ended up hurting them in my opinion.

I believe our schedule is to tough this year and may hurt us in the end due to what I describe above. Stress is accumulative and we will be experiencing a lot of it.

I think you want the team to have the confidence that they can beat anyone. However, I wouldn't want my team walking on the court tired, beat up and over stressed.

The schedule keeps getting tougher every year and I think it has become to tough over the last couple of years.
Well, last year, it was definitely rough. Only six girls playing, two freshmen starting, four matchups with the same team, and a partridge in a pear tree, probably cost UConn the NC. This season, UConn is going to have some brutal stretches, but having what's looking to be nine girls playing should alleviate some of that. I don't like the fact that we're probably going to play ND at least three times again. Good games, but definitely sets up a possibility of a repeat of last season.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
This season, UConn is going to have some brutal stretches, but having what's looking to be nine girls playing should alleviate some of that.

This is brutal stretch #1:

1/30 @ Duke
2/4 Rutgers
2/7 @ Louisville
2/11 Georgetown
2/13 @ Oklahoma
2/18 St Johns

UConn then has a couple of easy ones at Pitt and at Marquette before playing Notre Dame at home on 2/28. Think the team will be tested?

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
I went to the Townson game. Parked on the stree for free. Paid $15 for the ticket. Didn't buy anything there.

Total - $15.

Reaction Score
And we from the Clan Armstrong would say to you, boon, that it is "scotsman" or just "scot." We save the Scotch for drinking. :cool:

damn, i actually wondered as i wrote that whether anyone would pick up on it. for sure,ice, you don't want to say "scotchman" when in scotland, as we found out when we spent time there a few years ago. they don't like anything "scotch", except ,of course, scotch. my grandparents were glaswegians, and would not have appreciated my using scotchman, though it is somewhat acceptable outside of scotland. i excuse my use, as one of my college's (springfield) songs began, "show me the scotchman who doesn't love the thistle ...." . re clan armstrong, i dated an armstrong many years ago. ah, but that's another story.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom