Why didn't UConn have a bench tonight? | Page 6 | The Boneyard

Why didn't UConn have a bench tonight?

Reaction Score
I believe Coombs should be getting some of those Molly minutes. Coombs is just as talented as Walker. She needs a chance to prove it, if she gets a chance.
Did anyone watch her during the McDonalds game?
Geno's published philosophy for teaching his players ---frosh get most, sophs, Jr, seniors none (they should know they system). So based on that: I agree with your Coombs should be getting some of Molly's minutes. I have yet to see that Coombs is equal to Megan Walker--that would be great--but in the limited time she has played, I only saw glimpses of what may be. Didn't see the McD game. be be

Reaction Score
I totally agree with Beercats.
Geno easily could find quite a few
minutes for these “bench” players.
It really bugs me that he just doesn’t
do it..Maybe Geno would be
pleasantly surprised!
Seems after any close games, out come the coaches .
Meg is a born scorer and a future superstar but
is she a liability on defense ? Has she proved to the coaches that she can play both ends, not yet.
Putting the bench in all together really doesn't help as in a close game they would be playing with the starters.
As previously mentioned , in practice they play against players as good or better than most teams on their schedule
so yes practice does mean more the in a blowout where they most likely are playing the other teams second string. Look at how well
Natalie is doing once she is playing against second tier teams.

Reaction Score
Just to clarify...... Take for example tonight’s game. Geno easily can have 2 bench players come in the game with 3 starters. He could most easily mix and match starters with bench. Might be a fun to see who
will shine other than the six. I look forward to see if Geno does this! I bet there is a lot on this forum would like to see this as well......

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
While 99% of my focus is on enjoying the great win, I do think about UConn in 2 years with no true post player. Geno usually figures out a way to overcome but with all the giants at Texas, Baylor, etc. curious what his plan is.
Really? UCONN is 52-1 without a "true post player" these last couple of years. In two years Geno will have on his roster at least:
6-2 Irwin
6-2 Camara
6-4 Nelson-Odada

who can play the 4/5 spots, plus Walker can cover the 4 if needed like Moore did.

And along with those options, he's recruiting Brunelle 6-2, Boston 6-4 and if you want a long shot Magbegor 6-4.

Texas would have Holmes 6-3, Collier 6-4, Prince 6-7, Booth 6-1....not a whole lot more than UCONN.
Baylor would have Cox 6-4, Decosta 6-2, Smith 6-2, Egbo 6-2...again not a whole lot that UCONN couldn't deal with.

If I was Texas or Baylor I'd probably be more worried how I was gonna match up with a backcourt with Dangerfield, Walker, Coombs, Williams plus ???.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Really? UCONN is 52-1 without a "true post player" these last couple of years. In two years Geno will have on his roster at least:
6-2 Irwin
6-2 Camara
6-4 Nelson-Odada

who can play the 4/5 spots, plus Walker can cover the 4 if needed like Moore did.

And along with those options, he's recruiting Brunelle 6-2, Boston 6-4 and if you want a long shot Magbegor 6-4.

Texas would have Holmes 6-3, Collier 6-4, Prince 6-7, Booth 6-1....not a whole lot more than UCONN.
Baylor would have Cox 6-4, Decosta 6-2, Smith 6-2, Egbo 6-2...again not a whole lot that UCONN couldn't deal with.

If I was Texas or Baylor I'd probably be more worried how I was gonna match up with a backcourt with Dangerfield, Walker, Coombs, Williams plus ???.
LoL considering your feelings on the matter, I've been waiting for this opportunity. It is Ododa not Odada. :eek:

Reaction Score
6-2 Irwin
6-2 Camara
6-4 Nelson-Odada

Thanks, makes me feel a little better. Not sure I would compare Irwin and Camara to these other potential All Americans or count on yet to be recruited high school players, but will defer to your judgement.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
LoL considering your feelings on the matter, I've been waiting for this opportunity. It is Ododa not Odada. :eek:
touche-my-friend-touche-demotivational-poster-1255897214.jpg

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Thanks, makes me feel a little better. Not sure I would compare Irwin and Camara to these other potential All Americans or count on yet to be recruited high school players, but will defer to your judgement.
Well it's 2 years down the road, so we'll have to see how it plays out.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom