Why are we playing weeknight XL Center games while school is in session? | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Why are we playing weeknight XL Center games while school is in session?

Reaction Score
Ya she deleted it. She’s definitely right tho, the vibes are just off and Gampel is the better venue. A rowdy Gampel is just better. The state pimps UConn basketball out as a favor to Hartford, as that venue and the city continue to not hold up their end of the bargain. It’s just crazy to me that the two main sports at UConn are each 35-40 min off campus, it’s an awful set up for success. I can’t think of another high major basketball team that plays a majority of their games that far from campus. I think Miami is one of the few that plays that far off for football. At the end of the day, the campus is located in Storrs and it has a 10,000 person arena. It should be prioritized.
There's a banner or two hanging from the rafters, but yes, an "awful set up for success". This is getting to the Twilight Zone level now.

Reaction Score
It ain't just hoops, folks. You should see all the UConn students dressed as empty seats at ANY hockey game in Hartford, weekday or weekend.

August_West

Conscience do cost
Reaction Score
There's a banner or two hanging from the rafters, but yes, an "awful set up for success". This is getting to the Twilight Zone level now.
6400t1.jpg

..............it smells like defeat..........................

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Did she delete this? She’s spot on. In Danny’s future contract extension negotiation he should demand that all home games be played at Gampel. As posters have stated it’s all year to year with XL, it should be easy to cut them out. There will be some huffing and puffing from what little is left of the downtown F&B industry but it’s time. It’s not working for us.
I think it’s coming, but probably not before then hockey arena is finished.

Reaction Score
Thanks for the reminder, I forgot about those 4 banners. It was a broad statement that included football into it. Both venues are poorly managed. It’s just crazy to me that the “home arena” is 40 minutes from campus, no other big time programs do that, and for good reason. Maybe it’d be different if XL was a state of the art venue, but it’s not.

Reaction Score
UConn has 2 more games this year at XL and both are mid-week games.
  • Marquette (630pm Tues 2/8)
  • Nova (8pm Tues 2/22)
Wish these 2 games were at Gampel but definitely the Nova game on a Tuesday night at 8pm....will XL be packed for the Nova game?

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Simon

Top Bottom