WHY ALL THE HATE FILLED NAME CALLING, THEY ARE KIDS ! | Page 2 | The Boneyard

WHY ALL THE HATE FILLED NAME CALLING, THEY ARE KIDS !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
The bolded point, I completely agree with. Name calling and attacking are far different from criticizing.

However, I disagree with the performance evaluation piece of it. Playing on this team is part of their education. What would people have said about you (not YOU DB2U, just the population here in general) if your educational performance were criticized in the manner some on here have criticized the players performance? Would their reactions to a C+ paper have been a fair reflection of you?

I guess I've softened on this after in my last year at UConn someone showed up with a sign to the student section which said "Caron + Early Exit = NBDL" and I saw his face when he saw such a sign from his fellow students. It clearly hurt him. Of course he was drafted in the lottery that same summer.
I think this is right on.

These kids don't owe us anything. They owe things to their family, to their coaching staffs, and to themselves.

Reaction Score
Why all the capital letters?
REALLY. ITS CALLED TRYING TO CALL PEOPLES ATTENTION TO SPECIFIC WORDS EMPHATICALLY . Obviously the subject matter is to deep, so comment on the big letters not the content of the post.

swami7774

I know things.
Reaction Score
REALLY. ITS CALLED TRYING TO CALL PEOPLES ATTENTION TO SPECIFIC WORDS EMPHATICALLY . Obviously the subject matter is to deep, so comment on the big letters not the content of the post.
I know what it meant, d*ckhead. I was trying to say, sarcastically, that it looked stupid. Obviously the method is too deep ( or, as you might misspell, "to deep") for you.

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
Why does UConniki put a space between the last word of his sentence and exclamation points?

Reaction Score
I know what it meant, d*ckhead. I was trying to say, sarcastically, that it looked stupid. Obviously the method is too deep ( or, as you might misspell, "to deep") for you.
You just proved the point of my post, we were talking about being civil to the UCONN players, and now your calling me names, REALLY! The abundance of rudeness, immaturity, and hostility from some of the people on this board is legendary. I guess I' d have better luck explaining the concept of your childish behavior to a child cause u still dont get it. Were complete strangers, and u have no problem attacking me and calling me a d*ckhead, which is no different than some of u posters calling UCONN players garbage, and they suck ect. Its taken personally because it is personal when it involves name calling. I'm sure UCONN players and their families take offense when reading some of the stuff spewed on this forum by some of you people towards them as I do reading your comment with my 10 year old sitting with me.
Where is all this hostility, aggression and hate coming from? Must be pent up frustrations from living in a state with no pro sports, high taxes, and cold winters! Always a UCONN fan, some of you rude people not so much.

Reaction Score
Interesting to see the same posters who rip UCONN players on this board coming back with a vengence at anyone who questions any of the posts they make.

temery

What?
Reaction Score
I agree with you, but the complaining about the complaining is quickly becoming as annoying as the complaining itself.

I strongly suggest the ignore feature. It works great.

I could understand people being upset if we were criticizing high school players but these are young men and this is a sport where their actions on and off the court will be scrutinized. We live in a world where some young people never face criticism because we don't want to make them feel bad. Most of us who have been criticzed at work or home know that it hurts. However, in most cases we learn from it and benefit fron the soul searching it provides. If they don't want to read bad things about themselves they shouldn't read the board. We love the kids who play for UConn but are not always happy with them. Just like with our own kids at times.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
I started a thread on this topic, it was deleted. Probably a smart move

I'm embarrassed by the reaction and words of many posters on this board. I'll take the heart and soul and character of our kids >>>>>>>> the haters 24/7/365

Reaction Score
I agree with you, but the complaining about the complaining is quickly becoming as annoying as the complaining itself.

How do we use this? This will make me much happier.

temery

What?
Reaction Score
How do we use this? This will make me much happier.

Click on the poster's username. A box pops up. Click on the link (top right) that says, "ignore."

It works like a charm.

Reaction Score
Click on the poster's username. A box pops up. Click on the link (top right) that says, "ignore."

It works like a charm.
Not only can I not find the ignore feature, I took a screenshot of what my screen looks like when I clicked on your name, and I can't figure out how to upload it.

temery

What?
Reaction Score
Not only can I not find the ignore feature, I took a screenshot of what my screen looks like when I clicked on your name, and I can't figure out how to upload it.

Try another username. You are not allowed to ignore me :)

Reaction Score

I agree on this....complaining about so-called "complainers"......if you don't like someone who would like to talk about how they could have been better ina basketball sense, then don't read it. They can be better and it's up to them and some are reasonable expectations no doubt.....I get the "sucks", "blows", and other related posts which are ignorant don't read them. But we certainly have a right to discuss what they did well and what they need to do to be better. If you don't like that then read all the beautiful posts of what a great season it was!

Reaction Score
You just proved the point of my post, we were talking about being civil to the UCONN players, and now your calling me names, REALLY! The abundance of rudeness, immaturity, and hostility from some of the people on this board is legendary. I guess I' d have better luck explaining the concept of your childish behavior to a child cause u still dont get it. Were complete strangers, and u have no problem attacking me and calling me a d*ckhead, which is no different than some of u posters calling UCONN players garbage, and they suck ect. Its taken personally because it is personal when it involves name calling. I'm sure UCONN players and their families take offense when reading some of the stuff spewed on this forum by some of you people towards them as I do reading your comment with my 10 year old sitting with me.
Where is all this hostility, aggression and hate coming from? Must be pent up frustrations from living in a state with no pro sports, high taxes, and cold winters! Always a UCONN fan, some of you rude people not so much.

Hey Nikster.....Brother swami has been on the Boneyard well before you were dripping down your daddy's leg so please learn some respect okay? He asked a simple question.....answer it with resect next time and maybe someone will take you serioulsy!

Reaction Score
It's only a game. Very sad what people make out of what is supposed to be just entertainment. But that really is nothing new. Harvard and Yale players were mauling each other long ago in football. But now, e-hooliganism is here.

swami7774

I know things.
Reaction Score

That time of the month again, I see.

JaYnYcE

Soul Brother
Reaction Score
Its embarassing ! They're kids. They have feelings, they read the boneyard, I bet their parents read it too !

Adults have feelings too. And I would prefer the players reading and paying attention to opposing teams scouting reports as well as their books for class over what crazy internet fans say about them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JaYnYcE

Soul Brother
Reaction Score
The average age of this team is about 19yrs. AO is the only one 21.

Isn't 18 considered an adult in this country?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score

Now, I'm starting to get annoyed by the complaining about the complaining of the complaining!!! How irritating! (sorry, I couldn't resist the opportunity....carry on, everyone).

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
Let's not wax poetic. He looked like a good player in stretches last year. Those stretches thankfully came at great times. He had the same problems last year, but apparently hasn't done much to fix them. I really can't imagine that the coaching staff has completely neglected to work on his problem areas with him. And even so, the coaches aren't with him 24/7, he needs to be responsible for putting in the work to improve when nobody is standing over his shoulder supervising him. I don't know whether or not he's done that, but judging solely based on what I see on the court, it appears to me like he hasn't

Maybe he's just not very skilled? You could put me in the post at Uconn and after 4 years of playing 30 minutes a game, I would still suck by the time I left the school.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom