Why a New President is Important to Football Success | The Boneyard

Why a New President is Important to Football Success

hardcorehusky

Lost patience with the garden variety UConn fan
Reaction Score
As we all know, UCONN is working on finding their next President. If that President understands what it takes to be successful in football, they will direct admissions to work with football on admitting some athletes that could help the program. For too long, the football program has been hampered in recruiting by the admissions policies of the school. This has translated to on field performance. Herbst wanted to make us a public Ivy school and that only works when you pay like minded schools. Houston, Memphis, et al are not academically like minded.

I love how the school has grown academically(I could never get into UCONN now), but this policy has impacted football more than any other sport. Time to tweak to help the program.

Reaction Score
Susan did a lot of good academically for UCONN, but the next president will definitely need an overall understanding of what goes into being president of a university such as UCONN. I think there needs to be a balance between athletics, academics and fund raising. The next president 100% needs to know and be able.to handle to to continue the improvement we see at UCONN

Reaction Score
If the new president is half as athletics-focused as Susan we'll be lucky.
Specifically laser-locked on Susan Herbst athletics' contacts, knowledge, and management oversight, which direct facts support your suggestion in general and particularly with regard to football @Afroabe224?

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I've said this before - some poor decisions were made, and we suffered. And she was at the helm, so has to take responsibility. But the narrative that she wasn't interested, or didn't care, or doesn't understand is absurd.

Reaction Score
Can’t wait to see the reaction when someone with even less background/interest in football than Herbst is hired.

And then of course we will have 50 people here that don't have access to the new president but will make stuff up about what he or she thinks.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
I don’t recall off the top of my head how a a new President is selected... BoT I imagine?

Do they get how critical this hire is?

Reaction Score
That was bound to happen. Can't blame her for that. It was way out of hand.
There were better ways to handle it. They laid down the hammer. She never fought for students at UConn, no matter what it was about. I'm glad she's gone.

C

Chief00

I've said this before - some poor decisions were made, and we suffered. And she was at the helm, so has to take responsibility. But the narrative that she wasn't interested, or didn't care, or doesn't understand is absurd.

Disagree on the “doesn’t understand”. I think she had no clue when it came to Big Time football and what it requires.

Reaction Score
Disagree on the “doesn’t understand”. I think she had no clue when it came to Big Time football and what it requires.

I meant the “doesn’t understand the importance” argument we have heard here ad nauseum. I don’t think that’s true.

To your point I think she figured the people she hired would handle it. And they didn’t.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom