Who's the QB this Year and In the 2-4 Years Following? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Who's the QB this Year and In the 2-4 Years Following?

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Is Bryant just what he is? Or was he coached badly and under Lashlee the kid could possibly have a decent senior season?

Reaction Score
My sister hasn't seen 1 down of UConn football in over 6 years. She is just as likely to guess these questions right as any of us.
And who said you couldn't hit the nail on the head anymore? GO HUSKIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reaction Score
Heading into this season Bryant was a bright spot. Anyone certain he isn't any good while knowing he was playing with slipped ribs isn't being fair. The big criticism was that he'd run before looking down field and he'd miss on the few long balls he'd throw. Slipped ribs make it impossible to throw, especially deep. The answer to his issues could be that simple and given his ability to perform in the clutch, play hurt, escape pressure and a wealth of experience, I think too many are being dismissive. Frankly, if he doesn't get the start, I won't be surprised at all if we struggle and he ends up taking over anyway.

RedStickHusky

formerly SeoulHuskyFan
Reaction Score
If we go into the season with 3 QB's on the roster and two red shirting we're light years ahead of last year. That being said, with Sheriffs being a known commodity, you'd have to call it an upgrade if Pindell beats him out. I won't be disappointed though if it's Sheriffs.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
My guess is Shirreffs and Pindell go into the Spring sharing 1st team reps fairly evenly, if only because Shirreffs is the known commodity and Pindell has the highest immediate ceiling. I expect Pindell to pull ahead as the spring closes, but that is 100% dependent on how many progressions he is able to consistently gets through before the O-line breaks down. Any more than one is a plus.

Remember, UConn loses two off the line and the remaining three didn't exactly perform exceptionally well. This is not to say that the incoming freshmen, those coming off of redshirt, or current backups don't have the ability to immediately outperform the departing players, but for as bad as Levy was last year, he started and played far more than this armchair QB though he should. Of course, it will be a new scheme, so we are in the dark for the time being, but Shirreffs has a lot of experience running for his football life.

Reaction Score
My guess is one of Williams, Washington or McAfee ends up changing position. Edsall has had pretty good luck moving quarterbacks to receiver.

Realistically one of Williams, Washington or McAfee will likely end up transferring by 2018. JMO but I don't see the staff moving any of their QB's to another position, as they brought in like 8,579 DB/WR types in this past class. In a way too early to call depth chart I'll go with the following:

Pindell
Sheriffs
Williams
Bizak

McAfee and Washington RS

Pindell
Washington/McAfee
Washington/Mcafee
2018 QB or Walk-On

I have Williams getting beat out by the younger kids and pursuing a transfer down a level to play immediately, or taking a RS after his true sophomore year and transferring elsewhere in FBS with 2 years of eligibility remaining.

Reaction Score
My guess is Shirreffs and Pindell go into the Spring sharing 1st team reps fairly evenly, if only because Shirreffs is the known commodity and Pindell has the highest immediate ceiling. I expect Pindell to pull ahead as the spring closes, but that is 100% dependent on how many progressions he is able to consistently gets through before the O-line breaks down. Any more than one is a plus.

Remember, UConn loses two off the line and the remaining three didn't exactly perform exceptionally well. This is not to say that the incoming freshmen, those coming off of redshirt, or current backups don't have the ability to immediately outperform the departing players, but for as bad as Levy was last year, he started and played far more than this armchair QB though he should. Of course, it will be a new scheme, so we are in the dark for the time being, but Shirreffs has a lot of experience running for his football life.
Is Pindell even going to be around in the Spring? I do not believe he has enrolled yet and I do not know if he still can.

Matrim55

Why is it so hard To make it in America
Reaction Score
I have Williams getting beat out by the younger kids and pursuing a transfer down a level to play immediately, or taking a RS after his true sophomore year and transferring elsewhere in FBS with 2 years of eligibility remaining.
This seems pretty d!ckish. Williams is a Husky and is far from the only one who struggled under Fiasco last year.

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
This seems pretty d!ckish. Williams is a Husky and is far from the only one who struggled under Fiasco last year.

I agree...as pointless as it is to discuss who the QB will be next year since we have a new coaching staff and 3 new QBs, it's worse to then project out who will transfer.

Poor form.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
Is Pindell even going to be around in the Spring? I do not believe he has enrolled yet and I do not know if he still can.
Most of these kids finish up after the fall but I imagine he'd have to be enrolled by now school started a couple weeks ago.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
I don't know, but I do know from my days in Storrs that I could drop a class or change sections 2 weeks into the semester without a W on my transcript and no harm in the newly picked up class. With online classes all the rage, I assume some sort of arrangement could be worked out, especially for the football team.

Hey, Michael Oher could raise his HS GPA to get into Ole Miss with a BYU independent study (since been disallowed by the NCAA), UConn can probably find a way for an already qualifying student to start taking classes 2 weeks into the semester. It's possible, if not unlikely.

Reaction Score
I agree...as pointless as it is to discuss who the QB will be next year since we have a new coaching staff and 3 new QBs, it's worse to then project out who will transfer.

Poor form.

My comments weren't made to insult Williams, just to point out how I could see this particular situation playing out. QB's transfer all of the time. Especially if they are passed on the depth chart by kids in classes below theirs. It happens every where. If he were to be passed by either or both of the true freshman in this class, I could see him as the most likely to depart. Not really a shot at the kid.

Reaction Score
It really is tough to evaluate the guys we have, Williams and Sherriffs. The offensive coaching was another level of bad over the last few years and the line play was so bad that it would have to have improved a few levels just to be awful. With an actual offensive staff that is competent who knows what might happen.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HassanDawg

Top Bottom