Who's the Class of the WNBA? Lynx or Sparks? | The Boneyard

Who's the Class of the WNBA? Lynx or Sparks?

Who wins on Tuesday: Lynx or Sparks?

• Lynx and Maya

Votes: 46 88.5%
  • Sparks

Votes: 6 11.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Wait there is someone from Tennessee playing on the LA Sparks? I though Jasmine Lister got cut by the Sparks? :eek:
Maya has the better supporting cast but since two teams play back to back I would not be surprised to see a split of next two games.

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
LA plays better team ball from what I've seen. Outstanding ball movement and sharing of the basketball. Carson and Gray have been outstanding additions to the lineup, Toliver is playing well and Nneka has really elevated her game this year. Parker has been outstanding and hasn't had to shoulder as big of a load in past seasons. She was a non factor scoring and LA decimated a really good NY team at home in a televised game earlier this year. LA does a phenomenal job on both ends of the court and visibly they really enjoy playing with one another.

Minnesota is the more talented team. They have 4 Olympians in their starting 5, another former #1 draft pick in McCarville, a consistent top rate post in Brunson and a former top 4 pick coming off the bench in Montgomery. Montgomery has been outstanding this year, Moore is having an MVP caliber season...I don't think they play as team oriented basketball as LA, but they have players like Moore and Augustus who can create and make their own shot and are capable of simply out-talenting teams if they have an off night offensively. I think whoever is at home wins tomorrow, and Lynx likely win in the playoffs due to experience, but the Sparks are darn good.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
The Lynx. They've been the toast of the league and at the top of the standings on a regular basis. They are the team to beat EVERY year. The Lynx are very talented, and well coached. The Lynx are the hardest team for a drafted rookie to make.

The Sparks are a flash in the pan. I love my Sparks, and I'm enjoying this run. But I've got to call 'em like I see 'em. Nobody saw this coming. They've looked real good so far this season. Let's see how long it lasts. Will they finish strong, and make it to the championship game, or will they collapse like a house of cards, and fade into oblivion? No mater what, you know the Lynx will be there. Go Sparks.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
Don't know why WNBA didn't reschedule this game to a later start time and convince ESPN to show it during Prime Time. Game is not being streamed by ESPN3 and suspect many don't have NBA Network

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Don't know why WNBA didn't reschedule this game to a later start time and convince ESPN to show it during Prime Time. Game is not being streamed by ESPN3 and suspect many don't have NBA Network
Even if you had NBA network Game 7 of the finals is being replayed continuously for probably the next month.

Reaction Score
says that LA is the odds-on favorite not just to win today, but to continue their winning streak, according to ESPN's Kevin Pelton (Are Sparks favored against the Lynx?):

The Sparks have "the better chance of sweeping both head-to-head meetings. (They're even favored on the road because home-court advantage has been weak in the WNBA this season; road teams have actually won a higher percentage of games.) After that, L.A.'s schedule is favorable. The Sparks' next six games are all at home, and only one of them (July 3 vs. the Liberty) is against an opponent with a winning record."

Them's fightin' words.

Go Maya!

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
Rooting for Maya & the Minnies, but betting on the Sparks this Tuesday.

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
Rooting for Maya & the Minnies, but on the Sparks this Tuesday.

OK - so I used the word b*e*t*t*i*n*g , as in "but b*e*t*t*i*n*g on the Sparks" and it gets filtered? Goodness . . .

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
LA plays better team ball from what I've seen. Outstanding ball movement and sharing of the basketball. Carson and Gray have been outstanding additions to the lineup, Toliver is playing well and Nneka has really elevated her game this year. Parker has been outstanding and hasn't had to shoulder as big of a load in past seasons. She was a non factor scoring and LA decimated a really good NY team at home in a televised game earlier this year. LA does a phenomenal job on both ends of the court and visibly they really enjoy playing with one another.

Minnesota is the more talented team. They have 4 Olympians in their starting 5, another former #1 draft pick in McCarville, a consistent top rate post in Brunson and a former top 4 pick coming off the bench in Montgomery. Montgomery has been outstanding this year, Moore is having an MVP caliber season...I don't think they play as team oriented basketball as LA, but they have players like Moore and Augustus who can create and make their own shot and are capable of simply out-talenting teams if they have an off night offensively. I think whoever is at home wins tomorrow, and Lynx likely win in the playoffs due to experience, but the Sparks are darn good.

I've always thought that the Lynx played the best team basketball in the league, so I had to check the stats. The Sparks are indeed leading the league in assists per game. However, the Lynx are close behind in second.

Of course, there is more to team basketball than just assists stats but I think Minnesota is as "team oriented" as anyone. That's why this should be a great game. Too bad it's on at a time that no one can watch it, but that's the WNBA for you.

stwainfan

Faithful LV Enthusiast
Reaction Score
This should be the matchup in the finals.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Renee at the buzzer! Well, actually with 2 seconds to go. Minny wins the heavyweight fight, 72-69.

[Corrected thanks to Eric. ESPN.com showed a 2-pointer by Tolliver at the buzzer.]

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TNS