Who's the Class of the WNBA? Lynx or Sparks? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Who's the Class of the WNBA? Lynx or Sparks?

Who wins on Tuesday: Lynx or Sparks?

• Lynx and Maya

Votes: 46 88.5%
  • Sparks

Votes: 6 11.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Bad night for Renee to be cold from beyond the arc (1-6 before the last shot), but ice in her veins to make the winning basket! Good for her! And now we know the answer to the OP's question! ;)
Lynx remain perfect on Montgomery 3-pointer
With Maya Moore struggling, Minnesota still found a way to improve to 13-0. Renee Montgomery hit a 3-pointer with 2.9 seconds left as the Lynx won on the road, beating previously perfect Los Angeles.

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
ESPN recap says Maya injured her left thigh - anyone watch the game to see what happened???

Reaction Score
A strange game...Maya, Candace, Nneka all finish in single figures....Maya is not on the floor when the game was on the line... Great defense causing some unusually sloppy play. Renee shoots terribly until the absolute critical moment. The intensity of a playoff game. Neither team shot as well as they should. Good officiating.

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
A strange game...Maya, Candace, Nneka all finish in single figures....Maya is not on the floor when the game was on the line... Great defense causing some unusually sloppy play. Renee shoots terribly until the absolute critical moment. The intensity of a playoff game. Neither team shot as well as they should. Good officiating.

Did you see the game online or TV? If so, any add'l info on Maya's injury?

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Lynx remain perfect on Montgomery 3-pointer
With Maya Moore struggling, Minnesota still found a way to improve to 13-0. Renee Montgomery hit a 3-pointer with 2.9 seconds left as the Lynx won on the road, beating previously perfect Los Angeles.

I watched the entire game. For those of you that didn't, you missed the game of the year............................so far. Great game!!!! My Sparks went down to defeat, but I'm not mad at anybody. The game was still undecided with less than 10 seconds left to go. The last bounce of the ball went in favor of the Lynx. Maybe next time, it will bounce the other way. :rolleyes:

Aluminny69

Old Timer
Reaction Score
Didn't watch the whole game, but Maya had an ice bag on her hip at the end, and was visibly hobbled. The announcers were clueless, as usual...

Renee missed some wide open threes in the fourth quarter, but made the one that counted. Essence Carson was supposed to be guarding her, but was daydreaming...

Kristie Tolliver made a 3 pointer at the buzzer, but her foot was just on the line. And on review, the ball had not quite left her hand when the final buzzer rang, by a fraction of a second.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Very close game for sure. It was in LA so maybe home court advantage accounted for a few points. Surprisingly average game from Maya and Nneka but it wasn't the star of each team who decided the outcome. Great offensive game by Tolliver. I was impressed with the balanced scoring. 8 players on Minny scored 6 points or more. 6 on LA scored the same. But Tolliver had more than anyone. And she was 4-8 from beyond the arc.

Jmpenn

LVFan; Equitable Visitor
Reaction Score
I heard that Maya had a bruised thigh. I wouldn't think it would be very serious long term.

Reaction Score
im watchin the game now. I think it was on a fast break opportunity. These announcers haven't acknowledged she's out of the game yet.

Reaction Score
Best WNBA game I've seen in a long time, LA was a defensive monster. Great team basketball on both sides. Beard never looked as good but I don't get to see many LA games. Maya had foul trouble and looked like in some pain 4th quarter, did not play last 5 minutes or so.

Reaction Score
The ending was crazy. Tolliver turned to the Minnesota bench and talked just to have the call waived off

Reaction Score
ESPN recap says Maya injured her left thigh - anyone watch the game to see what happened???
I saw her hobbling at one point and she wasn't in the game late. There was barely a mention of it from the announcers.

Reaction Score
Very exciting game. Great to see Renee be the hero. What fun!

Reaction Score
On a night where Maya wasn't great! ...Lynx still win? On the road? Really?

Fall back and fire away Frank.

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
im watchin the game now. I think it was on a fast break opportunity. These announcers haven't acknowledged she's out of the game yet.

Yeah I saw it happened on a 2-on-1 with Jia Perkins when Jia tried dumping the ball back to Maya and Maya wasn't expecting it. She sort of straightened up and then you could see her in some pain.

My guess is she tweaked her hamstring, high up close to the ol' derrier. I think I saw her reach down for the leg in a way that reminded me of NFL players when they reach for the hammie. I hope it's nothing too serious - she did stay in the game for a short while, though she wasn't moving well or trying to do much. Hopefully the Lynx or the W will tweet or fill us in soon.

GREAT execution on a sweet out of bounds play at the last, where Renee ran to the spot and hit the 3. The whole team executed and Renee delivered!!

That was the difference in the end - Renee denied Toliver any opportunity to get the ball on their end in the preceding play, and Alana Beard allowed herself to get forced into a bad shot. Next play down, the Lynx ran their play to perfection.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
nice to see Renee in the game at the end
montgom.gif

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Renee has found a home. She'll be the starting PG when Lindsay calls is quits. I think Renee is about 5 years younger--class of 2009 v. class of 2004.
It seems that most of the "PG's" in the W are also pretty effective scoring guards as well. Are there any starting PG's in the league with very low scoring numbers? I think of players like Sims, Vandersloot, Jefferson (who BTW had 20 points and 5 assists in a losing effort last night), Tolliver, Tan Wright, January, Bird, etc. All of them are effective PG's in their own way, but also all of them are capable of scoring 15-20 on any given night...

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
nice to see Renee in the game at the end
montgom.gif

I LOVE those uniforms. They displayed the five letters across the chest that struck fear in the hearts of their opponents. It's too bad that WCBB teams (UConn in particular) doesn't do what major league baseball and the NFL does, have have "throw back" nights. I'd love to see our girls come out of the tunnel for a game wearing this uniform and those shoes once again.

And oh by the way......Renee's mindset has not changed since this picture was taken. Her thinking???? "I got this"!!!

Reaction Score
have not seen anything about Maya's thumb...anxious to see what the outcome is with Maya playimg the a full 35 minutes or so

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
I LOVE those uniforms. They displayed the five letters across the chest that struck fear in the hearts of their opponents. It's too bad that WCBB teams (UConn in particular) doesn't do what major league baseball and the NFL does, have have "throw back" nights. I'd love to see our girls come out of the tunnel for a game wearing this uniform and those shoes once again.

And oh by the way.Renee's mindset has not changed since this picture was taken. Her thinking???? "I got this"!!!
my all-time favorite UConn player from the First Night (afternoon) her freshman year she was calling "the shots"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TNS

Top Bottom