Duke
Gonzaga
Overrated:
Wichita State
Wisconsin
Notre Dame
Maryland
Underrated:
Utah (Not because they're underranked but under talked about)
WVU
Gtown
Indiana
and Uconn of course ;)

Reaction Score
I say Legit:
Kentucky
UVA
Duke
Gonzaga
Overrated:
Wichita State
Wisconsin
Notre Dame
Maryland
Underrated:
WVU
Gtown
Indiana
and Uconn of course ;)

Maryland actually has a lot of talent on that team. Whether the coach can help them is another story.

Dodd, Layman, Wells, Trimble and Smotrycz is a very good collection talent. I don't know why so many players were run off, but if they still had some of the McDs they recruited, like Cleare, this team would be the most talented in the ACC.

Reaction Score
Wichita State is incredibly overrated. They have 2 losses but also barely beat Alabama and Hawaii.

Reaction Score
Duke and Kentucky are the two best teams so far. If they meet the title game, don't ask who I am rooting for as I rather watch the latest man bashing movie on Lifetime than those two teams and, worse yet, listening to the folks from CBS and ESPN on their knees with their mouth's full of both program's glory.

Reaction Score
Duke and Kentucky are the two best teams so far. If they meet the title game, don't ask who I am rooting for as I rather watch the latest man bashing movie on Lifetime than those two teams and, worse yet, listening to the folks from CBS and ESPN on their knees with their mouth's full of both program's glory.
If it was between watching these 2 or a Kevin Hart movie I think I may actually chose the game, but that would be the only thing to beat it out

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
I say Legit:
Kentucky
UVA
Duke
Gonzaga
Overrated:
Wichita State
Wisconsin
Notre Dame
Maryland
Underrated:
WVU
Gtown
Indiana
and Uconn of course ;)

If that's the list then #5 looks doable provided we avoid WVU and maybe Maryland. Lots of vanquished tourney foes on that list.

Reaction Score
Maryland actually has a lot of talent on that team. Whether the coach can help them is another story.

Dodd, Layman, Wells, Trimble and Smotrycz is a very good collection talent. I don't know why so many players were run off, but if they still had some of the McDs they recruited, like Cleare, this team would be the most talented in the ACC.
*B1G (might be 2nd best in the conference).

caw

Reaction Score

I wouldn't root for either team but it would likely be a very fun game to watch (on mute) if you ignore the sleaze associated with the fans and coaches.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
Duke and Kentucky are very good. Arizona will be better as the year goes by. I think the rest are pretenders.
UCONN has a chance to be better, but they need three constant scorers each and every game. Hamilton can be the difference player like Nadav was in 89-90 season.

Reaction Score
curious to see what people think of nova? are they legit, or a bit on the overrated?

Reaction Score
Pretty much the whole B1G is overrated. Maryland is looking to be Wisconsin's main threat to the title at the moment. They will be the only two ranked teams in the conference next Monday.

Reaction Score
curious to see what people think of nova? are they legit, or a bit on the overrated?

nova is legit. same team as last year but now better. they will be a tough out come march in both conf and big dance time

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score

What is the baseline? The useless AP poll?

Most of the people posting here have been watching college basketball for a long time. The game has changed so quickly it is hard to have a frame of reference.

Virginia is the easiest example. 20, 15 or even 10 years ago there is no way that's the third ranked team in AP poll. In 2014 I can't come up with 3 teams to even argue against them.

Reaction Score
If those two teams play for the title its an easy choice. Go Duke! I never want to see squid win another national title.

Reaction Score
Maryland is pretty good. They have nice experience and toughness. Actually they are better than I thought - agree on the Shockers, carrying their latest success into this year is helping with their rankings. Not a bad team but not nearly good enough to pull off 2-3 wins in the dance. Also think Wisconsin is very good just not UK, Duke, AZ good.

caw

Reaction Score
I say Legit:
Kentucky
UVA
Duke
Gonzaga
Overrated:
Wichita State
Wisconsin
Notre Dame
Maryland
Underrated:
WVU
Gtown
Indiana
and Uconn of course ;)

Rated correctly
Rated correctly
Rated correctly
Overrated but still good (and has room to grow)
Overrated, not impressed
Overrated, honestly looked better last year, IMO
Lol
Fairly rated - not a contender as things stand
Overrated
Overrated
Fairly rated - not a contender as things stand
Overrated
NCs and underrated bc of injuries, but not a contender right now

Did I skip any?

UL overrated
Nova fairly rated (no one actually expects them to be a contender right?)
Stanford underrated
Texas could be a contender if their PG comes back healthy and their assistant coaches can coach (and Barnes misses about six games in March with a stomach bug).
UNC - overrated
OSU - LOL seriously overrated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member