Who's Next??? | The Boneyard

Who's Next???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Now that we have Prince Ali committed, who are the next players Ollie and staff go after? I've heard Jesse Govan, but I can't help but be greedy and want all the top guys!!!!

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Not to beat a dead horse, but I'm thoroughly amazed at not only how smooth the transition has been from the legend to the protege, but also that the recruiting has not dropped one iota.

• Brimah - the prototypical diamond in the rough - low to un-ranked, but already showing signs of huge potential and possible future domination.
  • He lured 5-star guard Purvis back to UCONN
  • Hamilton is a legit 5-star future star for UCONN
  • Ali also looks to be a terrific get and a lot of top programs were after him as well.
On top of the really solid recruiting, he's also done as much as possible to mask the glaring weaknesses in our front court. Not sure who is next, but it continues to be a great ride and very smooth transition from my perspective...

Dynasty

Never not member
Reaction Score
I've heard about the PG's for 2015 but what are we looking at for centers? any potential greats in the 2015 class?

Jessie Govan is the main target I think. There is also Chance Comanche, Josh Sharma, and Diamond Stone.

Reactions: caw
Reaction Score
Undefeated Loyola, right?

Oops sorry I was thinking of the immediate.

UConn Dan

Not HuskyFanDan; I lurk & I like
Reaction Score
I've heard about the PG's for 2015 but what are we looking at for centers? any potential greats in the 2015 class?
We're on the trail of a few elite centers for 2015... that I know of, we've offered the following:

Stephen Zimmerman 6-11 215lbs Las Vegas - 5 Stars
Diamond Stone 6-10 252lbs Milwaukee - 5 Stars
Moustapha Diagne 6-8 230lbs NJ - 4 - Stars

And I think there's mutual interest in Chance Comanche, 6-10 210lbs from LA.

Not sure we're going to have a shot with Zimmerman, if I were Ollie, I would push for Diamond Stone.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
Here are a couple:

Jared Reuter 6'8" 240
Carlton Bragg 6'9" 220
Cheick Diallo 6'8" 210

I really like Reuter he's a Jeff Adrien type banger who loves physical play.

Reaction Score
If they can land the PF Cheick Diallo, we won't be asking about big men to play with Brimah. All the rebounding and shotblocking needs will be taken care of. Diallo is the best big man in the class and he's from Long Island.

CTBasketball

Reaction Score
If they can land the PF Cheick Diallo, we won't be asking about big men to play with Brimah. All the rebounding and shotblocking needs will be taken care of. Diallo is the best big man in the class and he's from Long Island.
Agree. People say Ivan Rabb is better. But Diallo has such an advanced game and he is an athlete.

Reaction Score
For PG we have a couple that he staff has put their sights on:
-Jalen Adams (who may be the top PG target)
-Tyler Dorsey
-Donovan Mitchell
-Bryant Crawford
-Willie Jackson

There are some others that they have offered and expressed interest but they are the bigger targets.

For big we've been on a couple pretty hard for a little while:
-Jessie Govan
-Chance Comonche
-Jarred Reuter
-Cheick Diallo (were are only slightly after him to my knowledge)
-Josh Sharma

Then there are some that we are just starting to go after hard:
-Carlton Bragg
-Doral Moore
-Diamond Stone

After a PG and a good big I think the staff adds one more. It could come from:
-Bennie Boatwright
-Malachi Richardson
-Dwayne Bacon
-Others

However, with the way recruiting changes. We may not end up with one of the players I have listed.

Reaction Score
It seems like our #1 PG Target is Jalen Adams...Anybody know our chances with him? A week ago he posted on twitter "Can't wait to commit" Seems like he may want to decide in not so distant future or maybe I'm just reading too much into it.

Reaction Score
For PG we have a couple that he staff has put their sights on:
-Jalen Adams (who may be the top PG target)
-Tyler Dorsey
-Donovan Mitchell
-Bryant Crawford
-Willie Jackson

There are some others that they have offered and expressed interest but they are the bigger targets.

For big we've been on a couple pretty hard for a little while:
-Jessie Govan
-Chance Comonche
-Jarred Reuter
-Cheick Diallo (were are only slightly after him to my knowledge)
-Josh Sharma

Then there are some that we are just starting to go after hard:
-Carlton Bragg
-Doral Moore
-Diamond Stone

After a PG and a good big I think the staff adds one more. It could come from:
-Bennie Boatwright
-Malachi Richardson
-Dwayne Bacon
-Others

However, with the way recruiting changes. We may not end up with one of the players I have listed.

Something appeals to me about Bacon, not sure what.

Surprised (and a little disappointed) that not much effort has been expended on Diallo. Wonder why.

But I'm also very surprised that Mitchell and Dorsey might be considered point guards.

Adams seems the more prototypical PG. Wouldn't mind grabbing any one of the guards listed.

Reaction Score
I want Adams for the PG spot. I haven't really seen the big men they're looking at besides Govan, good body and skillset but is pretty slow and unathletic.

CAHUSKY

UConn Class of 2013
Reaction Score
The All-Name Recruiting Class: Prince Ali, Chance Comanche, and Diamond Stone.
Or the nominees for new p@rn star of the year award at the AVN's

Reaction Score
Here are a couple:

Jared Reuter 6'8" 240
Carlton Bragg 6'9" 220
Cheick Diallo 6'8" 210

I really like Reuter he's a Jeff Adrien type banger who loves physical play.

I like what I see in Reuter....kind of a poor mans Tyler Hansbrough.........nice low post footwork!

CTBasketball

Reaction Score
I like what I see in Reuter....kind of a poor mans Tyler Hansbrough.........nice low post footwork!
He's fell off the recruiting radar last year because he was constantly injured, but when he is healthy he dominates. He isn't ranked by ESPN now, but he will be. If the staff can land this kid it'd be a huge get for 3-4 years.

Reaction Score
I want Adams for the PG spot. I haven't really seen the big men they're looking at besides Govan, good body and skillset but is pretty slow and unathletic.

What do you like about Adams?

Reaction Score
What do you like about Adams?

Athleticsm, good length comparative to his height, cocky, good vision, he needs to improve his jumper tho, kind of a weird release. Mind you I'm mentioning Adams because I think it would be easier to to land Adams than someone like Dorsey(I haven't seen Jackson). Plus he's from Roxbury, its a very, very small sample size but we've done well with Roxbury PGs.

Reaction Score
Is the class of 2015 going to be the best yet? We've heard and seen videos of these class members for years on this board. Zimmerman has been talked about here since he was in 8th grade! Diallo, Diamond Stone are two others that have often been mentioned here. With Ali, I'm getting the feeling that this will be the start of Ollie's signature class when all is said and done. Ali is a great start to what may be a premier class! I'm so pumped!

Reaction Score
Athleticsm, good length comparative to his height, cocky, good vision, he needs to improve his jumper tho, kind of a weird release. Mind you I'm mentioning Adams because I think it would be easier to to land Adams than someone like Dorsey(I haven't seen Jackson). Plus he's from Roxbury, its a very, very small sample size but we've done well with Roxbury PGs.

Actually shoots it a little like Tony Robertson when still but showed a pretty nice J when pulling up in the middle for the mid range.......looks like a nice player although some call him more of a 2G........

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom