Who's Going to the UCLA Game? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Who's Going to the UCLA Game?

Reaction Score
Having been born in Bristol (just before you), I’d say it’s an ok place, but Carmel is definitely an upgrade. In fact, Carmel is an upgrade from just about anywhere. BTW, I’ll be there for the PGA event in Feb. 2018 and the Open in 2019.
You 2 Miford from Bristol. I am alittle younger than you both 1963!

Reaction Score
Shame on you one for missing the game live. 2) Whining about the cold and you are from Connecticut. 3) Admitting you are from my hometown of Bristol! LOL!

Too tru! My CT blood has thinned!!

Reaction Score
OK here's the plan for Tuesday:

Pre-game Dinner
Meet at 5:45 outside of Wolfgang Puck Express, Westwood Plaza. This is a 5-minute walk from Pauley Pavilion. If this restaurant doesn't work for some reason, there are a couple other on-campus restaurants 1 block away. They all show up on Google Maps for "Restaurants near Pauley Pavilion." I will PM contact info to those who have already expressed interest.

Halftime Meet-up
Let's try to meet behind section 108 - toward the 109 side (if there is such a thing). (I'm not familiar with the arena, but assume there is a public concession area back behind the lower bowl. If any locals know differently please educate us.)

I will be wearing this...

upload_2017-11-19_17-52-28.png

Reaction Score
How about meeting up for a bite or a pop before the game? LA locals may have a better idea (chime in!), but I'll throw this out there for starters:

Game is at 7:30. I'm thinking get there early, get parked, and meet at a walkable on-campus restaurant 6:00-ish. Google Maps shows there's a Wolfgang Puck Express 4 minutes from Pauley Pavilion by foot. Suspect it's one of those airport versions - pizza, panini, etc. There's also a Mediterranean place - Plateia - about the same distance, and a Rubio's probably less than a 10-minute walk (good/fresh Mexican fast food, serve bottled beer).

Interest?
I am going by myself and would like to join you for the bite before the game, my cell phone# is 760 443 6027. I like Panini better but anything else will be good too.

Reaction Score
I need help! I don’t have ticket yet. Should I purchase it on line or just go to Pauley and purchase it there and I could be there at 5:15 PM . BTW, I will go to JA from Las Vegas. Thanks advance for the advise.

Rocket009

Santa Cruz. CA
Reaction Score
I have 2 tickets that I can't use.

Section 117 Row H seats 1 and 2.

Free to a good home.

Reaction Score
I need help! I don’t have ticket yet. Should I purchase it on line or just go to Pauley and purchase it there and I could be there at 5:15 PM . BTW, I will go to JA from Las Vegas. Thanks advance for the advise.
Cool! Wolfgang Puck Express, Westwood Plaza (5 min walk from Pauley) 5:45 outside. Look for UConn gear.

And/or up behind Section 108 at halftime (toward the 109 side)

Phil

Stats Geek
Reaction Score
Tickets? Small detail. Geez - you have two whole days left!

I now have tickets, or to be exact, I have a receipt for tickets. Wasn't a great feeling when I called this morning and they said they'd get back to me, but did not call before I got on the plane. Luckily they called while I was in Austin.

Reaction Score
I now have tickets, or to be exact, I have a receipt for tickets. Wasn't a great feeling when I called this morning and they said they'd get back to me, but did not call before I got on the plane. Luckily they called while I was in Austin.
Cai tell me the number to call? Thx

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Cool! Wolfgang Puck Express, Westwood Plaza (5 min walk from Pauley) 5:45 outside. Look for UConn gear.

And/or up behind Section 108 at halftime (toward the 109 side)
I think Phil is going to meet up too? And I plan to be there as well. YUM!

Reaction Score
Just printed my tickets. So excited to see the huskies for the first time

Reaction Score
I got my tickets at GA 301. Is there any chance that I could get a better seat at a lower level seat? I am new to this, pls advise. Thx

Reaction Score
I have 2 tickets that I can't use.

Section 117 Row H seats 1 and 2.

Free to a good home.
Can I have them and I am really willing to pay for them.Please call or text me via my cell phone # 760 443 6027. We r driving to LA so I will be on the road from 9 AM till 2 PM. Much appreciated.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
From LAX to Westwood at 5:30-6:30 sounds like the basis of a horror flick. At least you don't have to do the driving and (I'm assuming) will be in good company :)
Yeah, I think the drive could take forever. I think it's the worst traffic area in the country. It's 13 miles away. My GPS says it's 20 minutes at 10:30 PM. At rush hour, it can be 60 minutes or more.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
OK here's the plan for Tuesday:

Pre-game Dinner
Meet at 5:45 outside of Wolfgang Puck Express, Westwood Plaza. This is a 5-minute walk from Pauley Pavilion. If this restaurant doesn't work for some reason, there are a couple other on-campus restaurants 1 block away. They all show up on Google Maps for "Restaurants near Pauley Pavilion." I will PM contact info to those who have already expressed interest.

Halftime Meet-up
Let's try to meet behind section 108 - toward the 109 side (if there is such a thing). (I'm not familiar with the arena, but assume there is a public concession area back behind the lower bowl. If any locals know differently please educate us.)

I will be wearing this...

View attachment 26296
Ok, behind Section 108 at halftime. I don't think I can make dinner. I'll be in Section 113 and will be wearing a vintage 2000 Championship T-shirt in National Flag Blue with red and white trim.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Does anyone have suggestions for parking on or near campus?

Reaction Score
Shame on you one for missing the game live. 2) Whining about the cold and you are from Connecticut. 3) Admitting you are from my hometown of Bristol! LOL!

I've obviously fallen into some very bad habits out here on the Left Coast. Must be the bad company I keep.

Reaction Score
How about meeting up for a bite or a pop before the game? LA locals may have a better idea (chime in!), but I'll throw this out there for starters:

Game is at 7:30. I'm thinking get there early, get parked, and meet at a walkable on-campus restaurant 6:00-ish. Google Maps shows there's a Wolfgang Puck Express 4 minutes from Pauley Pavilion by foot. Suspect it's one of those airport versions - pizza, panini, etc. There's also a Mediterranean place - Plateia - about the same distance, and a Rubio's probably less than a 10-minute walk (good/fresh Mexican fast food, serve bottled beer).

Interest?
I am going with my wife and two friends, originally from New Hampshire. There are numerous restaurants within a 15 minute walk of the campus. Ranging from pizza, to Thai, to first class Italian ( Tanino's) - my guess; this could be the post game gathering spot for the team and Coach ( Italian food leanings ). We could only get general admission seats to the game, so look up at the rafters for us. I tried to get a look at practice yesterday, but Pauley was on lock down, due to importance of the game ( no secrets will be revealed to the outside world.).

We moved here a year ago, from Sherman, Ct. The winters became too much after we retired, and we have grandchildren in LA. Getting used to swimming on Thanksgiving. I think UCLA is primed to win this one. Without Katie Lou, we have to play a different game. And Meg Walker is not " there" yet ( although she did look more comfortable against Maryland ). Azura and Crystal performances will be the keys.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom