Who's Going to the UCLA Game? | The Boneyard

Who's Going to the UCLA Game?

Reaction Score
How about meeting up for a bite or a pop before the game? LA locals may have a better idea (chime in!), but I'll throw this out there for starters:

Game is at 7:30. I'm thinking get there early, get parked, and meet at a walkable on-campus restaurant 6:00-ish. Google Maps shows there's a Wolfgang Puck Express 4 minutes from Pauley Pavilion by foot. Suspect it's one of those airport versions - pizza, panini, etc. There's also a Mediterranean place - Plateia - about the same distance, and a Rubio's probably less than a 10-minute walk (good/fresh Mexican fast food, serve bottled beer).

Interest?

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
My sister and I are going. However, she's driving up from OC and has the responsibility for her daughter's dogs that day. She'll be picking me up near LAX, and I don't know when we'll arrive at Pauley. My sister has mentioned In-n-Out and some other casual place. Eric will be attending too.

ochoopsfan

OC Hoops Fan
Reaction Score
I will be there but not sure when. We should pick a place to meet either before or at half time.

Phil

Stats Geek
Reaction Score
How about meeting up for a bite or a pop before the game? LA locals may have a better idea (chime in!), but I'll throw this out there for starters:

Game is at 7:30. I'm thinking get there early, get parked, and meet at a walkable on-campus restaurant 6:00-ish. Google Maps shows there's a Wolfgang Puck Express 4 minutes from Pauley Pavilion by foot. Suspect it's one of those airport versions - pizza, panini, etc. There's also a Mediterranean place - Plateia - about the same distance, and a Rubio's probably less than a 10-minute walk (good/fresh Mexican fast food, serve bottled beer).

Interest?

I plan to be there, although I will feel a lot happier when I have tickets.

I still don't know exactly when I'll be there, but I can meet for a pre-game meal.

Golden Husky

The Midas Touch
Reaction Score
Sounds good! I’d like to meet you folks!
When UCLA first appeared on the schedule I considered driving up from San Diego and suggested a rendezvous with fellow 'yarders: No takers. I don't have your clout, Milford. So I'll look for you guys on the tube. UConn garb, right?

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
I'm down to meet wherever people decide is best and most convenient.

Reaction Score
I plan to be there, although I will feel a lot happier when I have tickets.

I still don't know exactly when I'll be there, but I can meet for a pre-game meal.
Tickets? Small detail. Geez - you have two whole days left!

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
My sister is squeezed for time because of canine care responsibilities. She’s picking me up near LAX at 5:30. Traffic between there and Westwood can be horrible. As of now, meeting at halftime works best for me. I’ll be wearing a vintage 2000 Championship long-sleeve T-shirt.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
When UCLA first appeared on the schedule I considered driving up from San Diego and suggested a rendezvous with fellow 'yarders: No takers. I don't have your clout, Milford. So I'll look for you guys on the tube. UConn garb, right?
Clout? You must have me confused with someone else. :)

I’ll be fairly high up in the lower level. The upper level appears not to be open for WCBB.

Reaction Score
My sister is squeezed for time because of canine care responsibilities. She’s picking me up near LAX at 5:30. Traffic between there and Westwood can be horrible. As of now, meeting at halftime works best for me. I’ll be wearing a vintage 2000 Championship long-sleeve T-shirt.
Are you familiar with Pauley? (I’m not) We need to figure out a place for all to say hello at halftime.

Meanwhile we do have a couple takers on the pregame early dinner. Anybody else?

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I'm up here in Carmel and was seriously driving the 6 hours down to the game.

But hey, it's 41 degrees outside this morning!

NO WAY I'm going out in THAT kinda cold!!!

Raised in Bristol, CT! (1950-1969)
Having been born in Bristol (just before you), I’d say it’s an ok place, but Carmel is definitely an upgrade. In fact, Carmel is an upgrade from just about anywhere. BTW, I’ll be there for the PGA event in Feb. 2018 and the Open in 2019.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Are you familiar with Pauley? (I’m not) We need to figure out a place for all to say hello at halftime.

Meanwhile we do have a couple takers on the pregame early dinner. Anybody else?
I’ve driven by Pauley, but that was years ago. I’ve never been inside. Eric was there yesterday for the Baylor game.

I’d love to have dinner, but I’ve got to accommodate my sister’s schedule.

Reaction Score
I’ve driven by Pauley, but that was years ago. I’ve never been inside. Eric was there yesterday for the Baylor game.

I’d love to have dinner, but I’ve got to accommodate my sister’s schedule.
Maybe we can get Eric to suggest a halftime meeting place. I’m in 115.

Reaction Score

Interest?

Reaction Score
Wife and I are flying out tomorrow morning at 6:30 am from Westchester. We would be interested in meeting up before the game for a bite to eat.

Reaction Score
Wife and I are flying out tomorrow morning at 6:30 am from Westchester. We would be interested in meeting up before the game for a bite to eat.
That's great. I'm flying tomorrow morning too. BY communication will become much less frequent and less dependable after that, so by about 6 PM EST tonight we'll see who we have, and what dinner ideas we have, and decide a place to meet.

Reaction Score
I'm flying down from San Francisco Tuesday morning. I'll be in Sec. 108, Row N, seats 1 and 2. Hope to see some B'Yers, none of whom I have ever met.

Reaction Score
I'm flying down from San Francisco Tuesday morning. I'll be in Sec. 108, Row N, seats 1 and 2. Hope to see some B'Yers, none of whom I have ever met.
We'll try to figure out a halftime meet-up place in the arena before the end of today. I suspect there is a wide public concessions area back behind the first level of seating. If that's the case we can just choose a section and meet right behind it. Need some help from somebody who's actually been there.....??

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
From LAX to Westwood at 5:30-6:30 sounds like the basis of a horror flick. At least you don't have to do the driving and (I'm assuming) will be in good company :)

Reaction Score
I'm up here in Carmel and was seriously driving the 6 hours down to the game.

But hey, it's 41 degrees outside this morning!

NO WAY I'm going out in THAT kinda cold!!!

Raised in Bristol, CT! (1950-1969)
Shame on you one for missing the game live. 2) Whining about the cold and you are from Connecticut. 3) Admitting you are from my hometown of Bristol! LOL!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom