Who's #2 Now? | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Who's #2 Now?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
This is a situation of "pick 'em." I see compelling arguments for ND, much of which I think I buy. I readily admit that none of us know much about what MD can really do against a strong team and can only conclude (well, duh!) that it could go either way. Baylor is a good team and like many here, I love the play of Jones. FSU has to be top 10, th0ugh right now I'd place them maybe at around 8 until they play someone else really good. I'm delighted that South FL is doing well and only hope that can continue through the tough part of the schedule (UConn excepted, of course).

Reaction Score
Any chance MD leapfrogs their way to #2, given the Baylor / ND losses to UConn and MD still being undefeated? (Though I'm not sure their schedule and who those wins were over, aside from the Louisville game, will be in their favor.)
No, In 2000 Uconn lost to #2 Tennessee and still kept the No.1 ranking. It depends who is voting.

Reaction Score
Maryland defeated ASU in Las Vegas on a neutral court. The problem with Maryland is no one have seen them this season (except ESPN3 against Louisville) so it's hard to get a feel for them. Also, they get slammed for the poor OOC schedule and rightfully so. But in reality, Maryland is a really good basketball team. A Final 4 level team. SWK (26 against Louisville) and Brionna Jones (14-16 shooting last night) are playing like All Americans. Destiny Slocum is the best PG Maryland has had since Kristi Toliver. Then they have 6-7 other players who can play at a high level. Because of their schedule I would leave them at #4.

Maryland's crucible will be UCONN and that will sort out the rankings as will SC against the Husikies. But they handled Louisville, and ASU are bruisers. We can't get hurt, or get sick. We won't fall asleep.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
The voters gave it to ND by a narrow margin. That was my pick too.

SCGamecock

Carolina Sandlapper
Reaction Score
This is a serious question? With 3 of the current top 4 playing at least 1 other game this week:

#1. UConn vs K State @ K State 12/11 (K State is also undefeated and this game has been sold out for a while)
PREDICTION- UConn wins by 21+
#2. Notre Dame vs #16 DePaul @ DePaul (DePaul could give the irish a real good game here)
PREDICTION- DePaul keeps it close for a bit but succumb to their turnovers. Irish by 14+
#3. Baylor NOT PLAYING
#4. Maryland vs St. Peters 12/8 & Maryland vs Loyola @ Loyola 12/12 (Nothing notable about either game)
PREDICTION- We all pray for St. Peters and Loyola. The Terps win both by an avg 70 pts.

In my opinion the rankings seem about right and shouldn't change come voting time. Baylor fans seem to think that with Notre Dame's loss the bears should now be number 2. I don't get that feeling at all but... what do you guys think?

I'm most interested in the Maryland game. I think they're better than Notre Dame, at this point in the season at least.

I'm going with Maryland as a solid #2.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog