Whoever UConn just played post game thread | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Whoever UConn just played post game thread

Reaction Score
What WAS the official attendance yesterday anyway? Couldn't have been more than 1500 on the UConn (bench) side of the field and the one end zone with seats. Didn't get much of a look at the home side, but it didn't look too full either.
They reported 21,000

Reaction Score
It’s been probably posted already last night but Joly finally had a solid game yesterday. His shake off scoring on that two point conversion was impressive. Reminded me of several of his games last year. Hopefully, he has shaken off the drop yips. Charles needs to get him more involved in upcoming games.

Reaction Score
You see it in all sports. Sometimes a coaches best decision is to stick with a struggling player that the fans want benched. A lot of time that player rewards the coaches faith and turns it around.
Here that Mac Jones!

Reaction Score
At Pitt? I would assume so if Jurk is practicing as a TE.
I’m pretty sure he was referring to the UConn portion of the post and thus our backup QB, not Pitt’s.

Reaction Score
Well he’s obviously not even the back up anymore. They moved on.
Huh? Who was on the two deep? That would indeed be news if true. Do you have a source? Are we talking about the same guy? ZT?

Reaction Score
NE, Barcelona/Costa Brava. Finishing a swing through Madrid, Valencia and Barcelona. Great trip.
Friends/locals there told us to go to Valencia if given a choice. Been to other cities on other trips. Enjoy.

KryHavok

Oh yes, UConn IS a BB blueblood!
Reaction Score
I was sooo relieved for the win, if for nothing else that I could finally get up and move around, being so frelling superstitious that I didn’t move from my seat (upon UConn taking the lead) while listening to the audio feed and watching the forum chat. Both sides of the ball kept the team in the game. Still, the pass defense got shredded, and Daniels had too much time to pass at times (blitz dammit). Yet the team battled and won. Well done to those boys! My word, we might have something resembling a passing attack. Let them enjoy the victory, heal, relax just a bit, and come back really hungry for win #2.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
Rice vs UConn, Week 6

Considering the expectations, the opponent and the site of the game, this must be one of the worst losses (if not the worst) over the past 35 seasons. I'm trying to think of one worse (Nicholls State?).
Rice sucked for years so their board is clueless

Reaction Score
i said to myself over and over again saying I am not rooting for an 0-12 team, nice to get off the schnide and win a good damn football game. Good for Mora and these kids who have stayed on and not quit.

We have won a game now let’s win games and let’s do it against USF.
Who roots for 0-12? Are there people who are UConn fans that want them to go 0-12?

Reaction Score
Who roots for 0-12? Are there people who are UConn fans that want them to go 0-12?
Do you get what I actually said? I’ll educate you here.

Were 0-5 prior to our win so you had fear that we could have a winless season, seeing the Duke game in person then seeing the loss of Utah State blowing a 17 pt lead you had those thoughts in your head that we could go winless after the Utah state game.

You see how hard these kids have been playing and Mora trying like hell to find a way. So you badly wanted to see these kids and Mora win a game.

Maybe I could’ve been more specific saying we’re not going 0-12. Going winless is obviously an historic mark that no single player, coach or fan ever wants to go through.

So from a fans perspective a tongue and cheek comment during the Rice game was saying come on I’m not gonna be rooting for an 0-12 team, we’re not going 0-12.

Reaction Score
Do you get what I actually said? I’ll educate you here.

Were 0-5 prior to our win so you had fear that we could have a winless season, seeing the Duke game in person then seeing the loss of Utah State blowing a 17 pt lead you had those thoughts in your head that we could go winless after the Utah state game.

You see how hard these kids have been playing and Mora trying like hell to find a way. So you badly wanted to see these kids and Mora win a game.

Maybe I could’ve been more specific saying we’re not going 0-12. Going winless is obviously an historic mark that no single player, coach or fan ever wants to go through.

So from a fans perspective a tongue and cheek comment during the Rice game was saying come on I’m not gonna be rooting for an 0-12 team, we’re not going 0-12.
You are overreacting. All he was saying is that no one on this board is rooting for 0-12 and prefacing your remark with that statement is completely unnecessary. It is the unstated price of admission here.

Reaction Score
Big Game Boomer's Top 50 Performances of the Week:
QBs - Roberson #16
RBs - Rosa #49
20231009_085733.jpg

Reaction Score
You are overreacting. All he was saying is that no one on this board is rooting for 0-12 and prefacing your remark with that statement is completely unnecessary. It is the unstated price of admission here.
It’s a message board and things can get taken out of context in text.

Reaction Score
This was a really good UConn victory. I know it may seem like Rice played awful and that's why we won. But I just want to point out that we forced some of those mistakes. Our d-line caused multiple fumbles, even though we only recovered a couple of them.

Rice's quarterback doesn't throw many INTs. He threw an interception at the end of the game because they were down and he had to take chances. Our pressure was really getting to him. Plus I could see Rice's OC yelling at him from the other side of the field. He was really frustrated.

Even though Roberson had a rough start to the game, OC Charlton never yelled at him. In fact, I was surprised how vocal Roberson was on the sidelines since you read articles saying how quiet he is. Sitting a few rows behind the offense, I heard a fair amount of the conversations. One thing that stuck out to me was Roberson yelling, "I'm gonna make a great throw! You're gonna make a great catch!" This was after the 2nd or 3rd series early in the game.

Have a ton of notes (and pictures) from the game. Will write it up soon.

Reaction Score
This was a really good UConn victory. I know it may seem like Rice played awful and that's why we won. But I just want to point out that we forced some of those mistakes. Our d-line caused multiple fumbles, even though we only recovered a couple of them.

Rice's quarterback doesn't throw many INTs. He threw an interception at the end of the game because they were down and he had to take chances. Our pressure was really getting to him. Plus I could see Rice's OC yelling at him from the other side of the field. He was really frustrated.

Even though Roberson had a rough start to the game, OC Charlton never yelled at him. In fact, I was surprised how vocal Roberson was on the sidelines since you read articles saying how quiet he is. Sitting a few rows behind the offense, I heard a fair amount of the conversations. One thing that stuck out to me was Roberson yelling, "I'm gonna make a great throw! You're gonna make a great catch!" This was after the 2nd or 3rd series early in the game.

Since you were at the game on the UConn side and had a look at the Rice side of the stands, how close to accurate was the announced attendance of 21,000? Misplaced comma for a real total of 2,100? :)

Reaction Score

What a great post. This game deserves no asterisk. We won, they lost. Rice had every opportunity but as you stated, we were up for the challenge - made things difficult for them.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom