Whoever UConn just played post game thread | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Whoever UConn just played post game thread

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
The team played well today, thought the defense could’ve been a tad better on early downs but we got the W and that’s all that matters. Don’t count us out!

Reaction Score
We still aren't any good but that was a good win. I guess the last couple losses had to average out somehow. In many years past that didn't happen.

Hopefully we can build on this. There are four more winnable games and it would be nice to get at least 3 of them.

Reaction Score
Good game, does anyone else want to see Stafford line up in the backfield on 1st and 10 and just get a rip up the gut?
I would just love to see what he could do isolated with a linebacker.

Reaction Score
How sweet it was! Got to believe it was all those good vibrations raining down from the stands by the vocal Husky faithful that finally got us off the schneid.
Compress_20231007_214013_3067.jpg

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Charlton is terrible for many reasons, but the most glaring mistake was his decision to make Roberson QB2 at the start of the season.
Jurkovic lost his QB job at Pitt - he was arguably even worse than JF - and now Narduzzi appears to have him practicing as a TE.

I wonder if there is any other position Zion can play, or is willing to play?

Reaction Score
Jurkovic lost his QB job at Pitt - he was arguably even worse than JF - and now Narduzzi appears to have him practicing as a TE.

I wonder if there is any other position Zion can play, or is willing to play?
Zion still absolutely deserves to be a qb biding his time learning on the bench in the qb room. He earned that right getting thrown in as a freshman for 11 games and getting 6 wins.

Reaction Score
Charlton is terrible for many reasons, but the most glaring mistake was his decision to make Roberson QB2 at the start of the season.
An offense like today's vs. Rice, beats FIU, Utah State, and NC State, putting us at a more expected 4-2 and well on the way to a bowl win & P4 invitation in a few years, i.e. steady improvement. IMO at worst, we're 3-3 - accounting for additional development time for roberson.

GA State and Duke were abominations across the board, so those were losses either way.

there needs to be true, severe accountability for this decision. we NEEDED every win we could get, to survive in the college football landscape. even us idiots on the boneyard knew who the starter was during the summer.

a part of me is afraid, that if by some miracle we go on a sudden tear and finish out 5-7 or something, Charlton keeps his job. I'm done w that guy. Mora all day, but enough with the wunderkind experiment.

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
Sideline reporter, Smacker Miles was a bit odd on the ESPN+ feed. Can't be her real name and she's not talented enough for me to Google her.

Reaction Score
An offense like today's vs. Rice, beats FIU, Utah State, and NC State, putting us at a more expected 4-2 and well on the way to a bowl win & P4 invitation in a few years, i.e. steady improvement. IMO at worst, we're 3-3 - accounting for additional development time for roberson.

GA State and Duke were abominations across the board, so those were losses either way.

there needs to be true, severe accountability for this decision. we NEEDED every win we could get, to survive in the college football landscape. even us idiots on the boneyard knew who the starter was during the summer.

a part of me is afraid, that if by some miracle we go on a sudden tear and finish out 5-7 or something, Charlton keeps his job. I'm done w that guy. Mora all day, but enough with the wunderkind experiment.
Even we idiots...

Reaction Score
Sideline reporter, Smacker Miles was a bit odd on the ESPN+ feed. Can't be her real name and she's not talented enough for me to Google her.
The connotation that comes with her name is very interesting......

Reaction Score

Let's be fair here. No one on this board though Roberson was an FBS quarterback two weeks ago. If he had been named the starter week one, you would have people criticizing the decision as well.

Reaction Score
Let's be fair here. No one on this board though Roberson was an FBS quarterback two weeks ago. If he had been named the starter week one, you would have people criticizing the decision as well.
i am ONLY speaking for myself, not this board. TR has been qb1 in my view since 2022. I do NOT like zion (as a qb1 i mean - great kid and teammmate, based on interviews) , and I always felt sus about the Maine kid coming in.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Everyone focuses on the QB, but the biggest difference the last two weeks is the overall effort and intensity. This is table stakes in FBS, and we are finally playing hard every down like an FBS team should. We got to keep it up.

RedStickHusky

formerly SeoulHuskyFan
Reaction Score
Watched on gamecast from a hotel room in Spain. We actually won a shootout by getting 4 turnovers.... I don't know that I've ever been excited by a line of text as I was when they posted that 59 yarder to Joly. Can't wait to get home and watch it.

Reaction Score
i said to myself over and over again saying I am not rooting for an 0-12 team, nice to get off the schnide and win a good damn football game. Good for Mora and these kids who have stayed on and not quit.

We have won a game now let’s win games and let’s do it against USF.

Reaction Score
true.--could only imagine if we had this Roberson when we faced FIU and NC State....

Reaction Score
Lets hope so for us bozos, ;)

Some times the defense should be given credit for the opponents miscues no? ;)

Absolutely. But two of the TOs, the swing pass and the punt drop were unforced errors. The truth is that many college football games are lost rather than won.

But we deserve credit for a pretty clean offensive game. We put ourselves in a position to win. And an ugly win looks beautiful in the standings.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom