Whoa!.....Parker headbutts Ogwumike | The Boneyard

Whoa!.....Parker headbutts Ogwumike

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
http://msn.foxsports.com/wnba/story...ike-celebration-goes-wrong-bloody-face-082613

proxy.jpg

ochoopsfan

OC Hoops Fan
Reaction Score
They just had WWE Summer Slam at Staples, I guess the WNBA teams had the dates wrong.

Blueballer

Transhumanist Consultant
Reaction Score
They WON that game? I switched it because they were getting killed. Bad job by Tulsa letting them back in.

ALSO : Fox has a nice typo there. Calling them The "DETROIT" Shock . It's been a while since they were in Detroit!

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
They WON that game? I switched it because they were getting killed. Bad job by Tulsa letting them back in.

ALSO : Fox has a nice typo there. Calling them The "DETROIT" Shock . It's been a while since they were in Detroit!

Cambage went down with an ankle injury in the 4th Q. From that point on, L.A. was able to work its way back.

Reaction Score
Parker has always been about herself. Needs to be in the spotlight, even when it's a team mate that deserves the attention. She may have an angelic face but when she loses control people get hurt. Unfortunately, she always skates by batting those pretty eyes and feigning innocence.

Phil

Stats Geek
Reaction Score
Yeah that's the photo I was talking about in the other thread on this game.

vtcwbuff

Civil War Buff
Reaction Score
Parker has always been about herself. Needs to be in the spotlight, even when it's a team mate that deserves the attention. She may have an angelic face but when she loses control people get hurt. Unfortunately, she always skates by batting those pretty eyes and feigning innocence.

Did you miss the part about the accidental contact? If Parker lost control it stemmed from exuberance while congratulating a team mate.

Phil

Stats Geek
Reaction Score
Yeah, it wasn't lack of control in the negative sense. It was over-exuberance.

Reaction Score
Did you miss the part about the accidental contact? If Parker lost control it stemmed from exuberance while congratulating a team mate.
Exactly. She reacted as if it was the NFL and Nneka was in pads and a helmet. Parker over-reacts. She drove Nneka back several feet into the basket stand. You'd think it was the Super Bowl. It was a 3 on 2 layup. This is the latest incident. She's done it a few times. In the past it was tripping or punching an opponent while on the floor. But it's all part of the same pattern of behavior. Disregard for others, whether it's your team mates or the opponents is symptomatic of a narcissistic personality. (armchair analysis, I am aware) JMO

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
It was an accident, but good lord, it was a stupid accident.

There was 45 seconds left in the game when the girl scored - it wasn't nearly over.

Parker did this idiotic Ray Lewis-like Frankenstein charge into her teammate, marches her backwards into the basket support and then throws a leg up onto her like she was planning to climb her like a tree. At some point, Parker sees what she did and makes a very weird "ewww" face.

It was all strangely over the top - I would agree that it was very much a "look at me" kind of deal.

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
After watching the live video, I think that CP3's head butt should DEFINITELY make ESPN's "Not Top 10" list for the month of August..........!!!!!

Reaction Score
There you go:

Parker's reaction at 0:14 is pretty funny, I know it was an accident, but I'm glad everyone is ok and that they got the fun part out of it. At 2:13 O'Hea is laughing and telling Toliver what happened, and then Parker comes there laughing and showing what happened.
Glad they are all well now.

Reaction Score
After watching the live video, I think that CP3's head butt should DEFINITELY make ESPN's "Not Top 10" list for the month of August..........!!!!!

So finally a LV uses her head and it still virtually doesn't do any good...thank God for McDonald's so LV's grads can put their degree to use! ;)

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Nneka looks like she had headbutt from Joe Frazier.

ChicagoGG

Windy City Kitty
Reaction Score
Does anyone know if Nneka is alright?? That looks pretty bad.

pinotbear

Silly Ol' Bear
Reaction Score
So finally a LV uses her head and it still virtually doesn't do any good...thank God for McDonald's so LV's grads can put their degree to use! ;)

Is that why they recruit so many McDonald's All-Americans?:rolleyes:

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Does anyone know if Nneka is alright?? That looks pretty bad.
Yea, she went right back in the game.

Not a big deal. Certainly wasn't narcissistic, or a "look at me" situation. Parker was hugging her after Ogumike scored, and she wasn't the only one.

Phil

Stats Geek
Reaction Score
Yea, she went right back in the game.

So did Jessica Moore after an ACL. Not saying it is the same, and I hope it wasn't serious, but I bet it hurt like hell the next day.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
So did Jessica Moore after an ACL. Not saying it is the same, and I hope it wasn't serious, but I bet it hurt like hell the next day.
I'm sure it did hurt, but you could see it was just a cut around the eye. It probably swelled a bit, maybe took some stitches after the game.......no big deal.

stwainfan

Faithful LV Enthusiast
Reaction Score
If you watch the video. Yes Parker did hug her the Beard jumped on the back if Parker. Then the heads bumped.

Reaction Score
If you watch the video. Yes Parker did hug her the Beard jumped on the back if Parker. Then the heads bumped.

Perfect. A Lady Vol and a Dookie. How could anything possibly go wrong?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hipline

Top Bottom