Who you got tonight? | The Boneyard

Who you got tonight?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
No real rationale behind this but I'm going with UNC by 7-10. Nova has been playing out of their minds but I feel like they're bound to have a hiccup tonight.

Reaction Score
Definitely rooting for Nova but UNC is on such a role that I don't see them losing.

Reaction Score
No real rationale behind this but I'm going with UNC by 7-10. Nova has been playing out of their minds but I feel like they're bound to have a hiccup tonight.
Want Nova, expect UNC.....can only pray that it gets revoked by a suddenly upstanding NCAA (yeah, right)

Fairfield_1st

Sitting on this Barstool talking like a damn fool
Reaction Score
Wanted Oklahoma and 'cuse with the idea that cuse had less of a chance of winning the NC, so of course I got Nova and UNCheat. Now I want Nova, which almost guarantees the lying scum at UNC will win.

Reaction Score
UNC is the biggest team I've seen in years, so much size in the paint. I'll be rooting for Nova but I got UNC 82-76

Reaction Score
UNC.. and maybe not close. They don't need to shoot well to win. Nova does. Carolina was 2-15 from 3 at one point Saturday and they were up by 14. They just have too much size. And none of them are just big bodies. They're all very skilled and they know how to play. They absolutely destroyed Cuse's vaunted zone and it wasn't particularly difficult. Like it or not, they were obviously well prepared and they're going to win tonight unless something along the lines of Villanova/Georgetown happens. Nova needs to shoot an extremely high percentage bc Carolina is going to own the backboards on both ends.

Reaction Score
Nova, comfortably.

They look like a team of destiny.

Reaction Score
Remember all that size and length UK (and Florida and Mich St) had two years ago? I dont know enough about either team, but who's got the edge with guards? Seems like everyone on Nova is a guard and it looks like UNC has two guards that get burn. Can Nova's defense disrupt Paige and Berry and keep UNC's offense out of sync?

Reaction Score
Remember all that size and length UK (and Florida and Mich St) had two years ago? I dont know enough about either team, but who's got the edge with guards? Seems like everyone on Nova is a guard and it looks like UNC has two guards that get burn. Can Nova's defense disrupt Paige and Berry and keep UNC's offense out of sync?

Florida and Mich State's bigs were just big. Payne was more of a perimeter player than a post player. Florida was guard-oriented. Kentucky had some guys with potential but they were young and not really offensive players (except Randle). UNC's bigs are GOOD, REALLY GOOD. And they all have really good offensive games from the foul-line down. It's been a long time since I've seen a team with that many good big guys (that wasn't a UConn team). They brought in some guy who barely plays and he attacked the zone flawlessly the other night. If any one of the 3 of Paige/Berry/Pinson plays well, they're going to win. They could still win even if those guys are just ok.

Inyatkin

Stairway to Seven
Reaction Score
Don't get why anyone would say "easily" Carolina. I had a moment of literally wondering if there was something wrong with the TV when I turned it on with Nova up 81-42 on Saturday.

Reaction Score
Don't get why anyone would say "easily" Carolina. I had a moment of literally wondering if there was something wrong with the TV when I turned it on with Nova up 81-42 on Saturday.

Because rebounding and layups/dunks usually beats outside shooting in a high-pressure game. Nova might shoot 70% again, but it's not likely. And Carolina has too much size around the rim.. gonna be hard to finish over them. The game could easily get away from Nova if their shots aren't falling like they have been the past 2 games.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Nova. Best team playing the best ball. UNC hasn't played anyone all tournament. They got a very easy path. Nova has knocked off a good Iowa team, a very good Miami, KU & OU. Three teams that are better than anyone UNC has played yet.

Reaction Score
Nova by 12. Please Nova, shut up the UNC fans, they surround me. Bad enough I had to listen to all the Duke fans last year. 2014 seems so long ago.

Reaction Score

Because Villanova's blowout win over Oklahoma the other night doesn't have much bearing on the result of tonight's game?

Reaction Score
I think UNC is just too big with too much talent up front. As someone said above they aren't just big they are talented and the don't just score on lay ups and dunks. They all seem to have those little 7-10 footers. And they always seem to be in position for rebounds especially on the weak side. I thought they were the best team in Noveember but the struggled. Seem to have it together now though.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
I expect North Carolina to win, but I'm hoping for Villanova. Eventually, I think the size wears down Nova.

First, I can't abide by something good happening for an ACC team. Second, North Carolina spent like 20 years keeping athletes on the field with fake classes.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
I want Nova because I hate them less than UNC, and Wright seems like a good guy--one whom I wouldn't mind finally losing the "can't go all the way" rap. I remember well the years when JC had that albatross hanging around his neck.

I have a feeling that the karmic wheel is not going to be quite as kind to them as it was the other night though. Probably almost as tough to play at peak level following a 50-point win as it is following a 50-point loss.

Reaction Score
Nova and the >0.001% chance that the NCAA grows a pair and announces right before the game that UNC will be put on probation for the next 3 years, will have its '05 and '09 Championships nullified for as a majority of both teams were deemed to have been academically ineligible for taking fakes classes, and Coach Williams is hit with a show-cause penalty. The only downside is that would make Duke fans way too happy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DyNASTY#3

Top Bottom