Who you got tonight? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Who you got tonight?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I don't get everybody characterizing Villanova as this jump shooting team that jacks up threes. They were actually quite ordinary shooting the three during the regular season, and yet still they boasted one of the most efficient offenses in the country. For all of the talk about Carolina's big's, Daniel Ochefu is about as efficient a low post player as there is in the country. He seals his defender deep in the post, can turn over either shoulder, and perhaps most importantly, knows how to find cutters and shooters. Not to mention, he's an extremely effective screener who, unlike our big's, can catch the ball and make a play in traffic. Josh Hart is a guard shooting 60% from two - kid has NBA size and athleticism, knows how to use his body, soft touch in the paint. Jenkins shoots over 60% from two - real weapon in the mid-post who obviously can stretch he defense even further.

I've been wrong on a lot of things this year, but I like Nova to win this game. UNC has a match-up they like at the four, that's fine. Great defenses are comfortable playing behind the ball - Nova is quick, scrappy, and well-coordinated. I give them an edge - on both ends - in half-court scenarios when the defense is set. It'll be transition and offensive rebounding that will win UNC this game, if it happens. If Nova makes it a grind-it-out game and keeps it close on the glass, they win. I'll go 73-70, Nova.

Reaction Score
Nova and the >0.001% chance that the NCAA grows a pair and announces right before the game that UNC will be put on probation for the next 3 years, will have its '05 and '09 Championships nullified for as a majority of both teams were deemed to have been academically ineligible for taking fakes classes, and Coach Williams is hit with a show-cause penalty. The only downside is that would make Duke fans way too happy.

Crazy to think that if Carolina wins tonight, they'll have gone through Nova during all three of their latest title runs ('05 regional semis, '09 national semis, '16 title game).

Reaction Score
I don't get everybody characterizing Villanova as this jump shooting team that jacks up threes. They were actually quite ordinary shooting the three during the regular season, and yet still they boasted one of the most efficient offenses in the country. For all of the talk about Carolina's big's, Daniel Ochefu is about as efficient a low post player as there is in the country. He seals his defender deep in the post, can turn over either shoulder, and perhaps most importantly, knows how to find cutters and shooters. Not to mention, he's an extremely effective screener who, unlike our big's, can catch the ball and make a play in traffic. Josh Hart is a guard shooting 60% from two - kid has NBA size and athleticism, knows how to use his body, soft touch in the paint. Jenkins shoots over 60% from two - real weapon in the mid-post who obviously can stretch he defense even further.

I've been wrong on a lot of things this year, but I like Nova to win this game. UNC has a match-up they like at the four, that's fine. Great defenses are comfortable playing behind the ball - Nova is quick, scrappy, and well-coordinated. I give them an edge - on both ends - in half-court scenarios when the defense is set. It'll be transition and offensive rebounding that will win UNC this game, if it happens. If Nova makes it a grind-it-out game and keeps it close on the glass, they win. I'll go 73-70, Nova.

Ochefu is REALLY good.. but Carolina has 4 of him, and they're all extremely skilled in the 7-10 foot range as well as the deep post.

4in16

uses the force
Reaction Score
Nova, playing great ball right now and **** UNC and the ACC.

Reaction Score
When you look at individual match ups it's not that similar but this game reminds me a bit of our 2014 title game vs UK. Everyone was touting their frontline and how they'd crush us but it didn't turn into that big of an advantage.

I think Nova pulls away late for a relatively drama-free win. Their toughness and D has really surprised me in the tourney, not what you typically see with a Jay Wright team. Plus their guards have been really friggin good.

Reaction Score
Both choices turn my stomach. UNC gives me violent diarrhea. I guess Nova. Jay Wright seems OK.

That said: I vote fantasy baseball.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
I want Nova to win so I'm picking UNC. 84-79.

Reaction Score
Going with Nova by 6.

I think they will have guards help on the big guys and take their chances UNC can beat them shooting from outside. They are not afraid to play zone so maybe pack it in really good and hope that Paige is not on from deep. The rest of UNC's guards are almost no threat from outside...just like KC Royals...Nova gets their second title since 1985.

Eskapeesto

The specter of ExtraPesto is haunting the Cesspool
Reaction Score
Long segment here with KO on the Live TBS pregame.

KO just called Niels, "Giff-ee".

Reaction Score
Hope we get a NC State vs Georgetown type of game and result with Nova playing the NC State/Valvano underdog role. Always had a heart for Philly ballers probably because of Rip.

UCweCONN

Former Poster
Reaction Score
I have to pull for Nova for reasons: UNC cheated and the NCAA has done nothing and I don't want Roy Williams to join Jim Calhoun as the 6th coach in history with three national championships.

Athlete94

UCONNGRD
Reaction Score
No real rationale behind this but I'm going with UNC by 7-10. Nova has been playing out of their minds but I feel like they're bound to have a hiccup tonight.
Nova by 9

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DyNASTY#3