Who would you like to beat in the NCAA tournament | The Boneyard

Who would you like to beat in the NCAA tournament

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Don't say a team we have done it to before like Duke, UK, Florida, think of a team that has our number, a great program, a team that has beaten us in past tournaments, a coach you really despise, etc. I will list some teams.

Louisville, especially with Pitino coaching that team he is very easy to hate

UNC (they have 5 it would be sort of similar to beating Duke)

Kansas (We can officially settle the better program argument)

UCLA (payback from 95, would like to do it with Prince Ali still on the team)

Cuse (amazingly we have never faced them in the tournament, would love to be the ones to make them cry in march)

Reaction Score
3 of my 4 you already listed. Louisville because I hate Pitino and they're always stealing our recruits. Kansas because they are overrated every year and people are always comparing us. Cuse because they are a corrupt program with one the least classy coaches ever. I'd also love to beat West Virginia. Their team is a bunch of punks who I'd love to destroy.

Reaction Score
Don't say a team we have done it to before like Duke, UK, Florida, think of a team that has our number, a great program, a team that has beaten us in past tournaments, a coach you really despise, etc. I will list some teams.

Louisville, especially with Pitino coaching that team he is very easy to hate

UNC (they have 5 it would be sort of similar to beating Duke)

Kansas (We can officially settle the better program argument)

UCLA (payback from 95, would like to do it with Prince Ali still on the team)

Cuse (amazingly we have never faced them in the tournament, would love to be the ones to make them cry in march)
Louisville- they would wreck us. They've had our number these past few years and I don't want anything to do with that.
UNC- hopefully not next year; they are stacked.
Kansas- they are a better program whether or not we beat them.
UCLA- sure sounds fun.
Syracuse- NCAA games vs them in 1957 and 1979. Wouldn't mind them in the future.

I love playing Arizona. And I have this weird infatuation with the idea of playing Baylor in the NCAAs, I'm not sure why. Oh, and Providence for sure; it would be an honor for UConn to play the best program in New England.

Reaction Score
Cuse is ineligible, you said a great program.

Well it doesn't have to be a great program and it can be any year it doesn't have to be this upcoming year. It would still be sweet to knock them off especially if they were a higher seed.

Reaction Score
It could be any year it could be 10-20 years from now.

Reaction Score
Louisville- they would wreck us. They've had our number these past few years and I don't want anything to do with that.
UNC- hopefully not next year; they are stacked.
Kansas- they are a better program whether or not we beat them.
UCLA- sure sounds fun.
Syracuse- NCAA games vs them in 1957 and 1979. Wouldn't mind them in the future.

Ok I just assumed I didn't look it up lol.

Reaction Score
others
ND
BC (although I want them to stay the same and never be good)
St Johns (same as BC)
Pitt
Maryland (even though we beat them in 95
Wisconsin

Reaction Score
dook, UNC, Kentucky, Louisville and meet george mason early and absolutely obliterate them by 40 points or more and go on and with another ncaa title, that's how my script would play out

Reaction Score
Id like to play and beat Kansas for a national title. I really like theyre program and if i wasnt a Uconn fan id problably be a KU fan to be honest.

Reaction Score
Cuse (amazingly we have never faced them in the tournament said:
Kind of tough when they usually go home pretty early. We make final fours, Cuse makes 25-0 shirts.

Reaction Score
Maryland -- would be nice to show Diamond what a school with a winning tradition is all about. Love the kid, but
knocking them out early would be nice.

Gonzaga -- horribly overrated and overhyped year after year as evidenced by the few deep runs they've had. Anyway would love to continue making that point by whacking them 20pts or so. Also I've never been fan of Mark Few.

Reaction Score
Whichever 6 teams we play on the way to #5.

politically correct but too easy of an answer, I wouldn't be making a thread like this during the season because I believe in the bad mojo

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
politically correct but too easy of an answer, I wouldn't be making a thread like this during the season because I believe in the bad mojo
Nah, it is exactly the right answer. Whoever they put in front of us.

Reaction Score
Beating Cuse in the tournament would be fun but since they are ineligible drubbing Kentucky is always nice.

dennismenace

ONE MORE CAST
Reaction Score
Louisville. And I would love to do it by breaking down their press for easy baskets and then pressing them into the middle of next week. Going to take a little while to get the players but we have a very good start with recent recruits and more in the wings. I loved the earlier J. Calhoun teams that pressed when we had the depth and players to make it work. Even if they fell behind early they would relentlessly keep the pressure on and then run teams out of the building in the second half.
A great example of having faith in the system and teammates. But I trust KO who knows how to get the best out of all the talent he is able to get. I actually don't "hate" Pitino, a worthy opponent who knows how to exploit weaknesses. Just beat Louisville and beat them good!

Reaction Score
Notre Dame. Such an easy team to hate with the princesses that play for them. Also, eliminating the possibility of seeing that god awful turtle neck for another game is a nice bonus.

But basically any former Big East team will feel nice.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
People still give a crap about Prince Ali? Learn something new every day I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTSuitsky

Top Bottom