Who would you like to beat in the NCAA tournament | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Who would you like to beat in the NCAA tournament

Status
Not open for further replies.

Uconnrick

Twisted, but still lovable.
Reaction Score
For me, particularly irksome looses have been.......San Diego St., GW, UCLA, Miss St, Mich St., and Florida (the missed free throws game). This 2016 "revenge tour " NCAA tournament, in any order, would make me very, very happy.

Reaction Score
For me, particularly irksome looses have been..San Diego St., GW, UCLA, Miss St, Mich St., and Florida (the missed free throws game). This 2016 "revenge tour " NCAA tournament, in any order, would make me very, very happy.

Didn't we get "revenge" on Michigan State and Florida in last year's E8 and FF?

Also, I'm pretty sure you mean San Diego (not State, whom we beat in 2011) and GM (not GW). B- for effort, D for execution.

Fortunately, not a lot of teams have had our number, so there aren't many who would be particularly satisfying to beat. I think Louisville is up there, since they legitimately did have our number from 2010-2014 (save 2011 BET) and seem to be butting heads with us on the recruiting trail. Besides them, Notre Dame is always fun to beat, UNC would be nice.

I don't get the Gonzaga obsession one way or another -- they're a solid Top 20 program who we've had some good battles with (E8 in '99, Maui in '05, Seattle in '08) but should be considered a step below us, and I usually find myself pulling for them.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Any and All teams in our way to another title
All opponents are THE enemy

Reaction Score
George Mason!

Yeah they're great by virtue they beat a great team.

(You can tell I haven't gotten over this one)

Reaction Score
I thought Syracuse only lost scholarships and wins. Did they receive a post-season ban beyond the joke self-imposed ban last year?

Reaction Score
Don't say a team we have done it to before like Duke, UK, Florida, think of a team that has our number, a great program, a team that has beaten us in past tournaments, a coach you really despise, etc. I will list some teams.

Louisville, especially with Pitino coaching that team he is very easy to hate

UNC (they have 5 it would be sort of similar to beating Duke)

Kansas (We can officially settle the better program argument)

UCLA (payback from 95, would like to do it with Prince Ali still on the team)

Cuse (amazingly we have never faced them in the tournament, would love to be the ones to make them cry in march)

I like to beat all programs, they are all a bunch of nasty shytebirds and we are UConn.

Inyatkin

Stairway to Seven
Reaction Score
Gonzaga should want to beat us for ending what was probably their best run in '99. As for us, I guess it'd be nice to beat Mississippi State by 35 or so.

Reaction Score
Inyatkin said:
Gonzaga should want to beat us for ending what was probably their best run in '99. As for us, I guess it'd be nice to beat Mississippi State by 35 or so.

We have derailed the state of Washington 3 times. The Left Coast Huskies don't like us much either.

We've been much more benevolent to Idaho.

Inyatkin

Stairway to Seven
Reaction Score
We have derailed the state of Washington 3 times. The Left Coast Huskies don't like us much either.

We've been much more benevolent to Idaho.
Yeah, both times over Washington in agonizing (for them) fashion, too. They probably top the list of teams that most want to beat us.

IMind

Wildly Inaccurate
Reaction Score
'Cuse, Duke, and Kentucky. Their coaches are all slimey as hell and all get a huge pass from the media.

Reaction Score
Any team they put in front of us.
Great wins against new teams making new enemies works for me.

Reaction Score
2014 was a revenge tour in a way

2nd round vs Nova-revenge on the Big East taking out their top team
Sweet 16 vs Iowa State-revenge from 2012 and some revenge for the fans trashing our fan base after that whole mascot incident at the rent
Elite 8 vs MSU-revnge from 09 it was revenge for our fan base too
FF vs Florida-revenge from 94, and it was nice to show the country that the regular season win wasn't a fluke
Championship vs UK- revenge on Emmert and the NCAA

Reaction Score
Beating Duke never gets old. But since it's been done more than once... Pitt, Georgetown, Maryland for sure. Louisville. Syracuse is a perennial weakling/underachiever in the NCAAs, but stomping them out would be nice. And I guess, after last season's debacle, it would be nice to enter the tourney as a one seed and put a sixty point hurtin on Yale in the first round.

Reaction Score
... Of course, the cool thing about this thread is that it's not easy to think of a team that meets both criteria (hated rival and not beaten by us in the tourney yet).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTSuitsky

Top Bottom