Who Won't Be Back This Year on SNY's UConn WBB Coverage??? | The Boneyard

Who Won't Be Back This Year on SNY's UConn WBB Coverage???

Reaction Score
According to their website, as of today, SNY will be broadcasting:
  • 15 live women's basketball games
  • Pre/Half/Post game shows
  • Features and updates in GEICO SportsNite
  • 10 Geno Auriemma Coach's Show
  • Season Preview Special
  • Season Review Special
  • Tournament Preview Special
  • UConn Women's All-Access
Also, the on-air cast of characters from the previous few years including Gary, Justine, Kara, and Meghan are listed on the SNY site. But Eric Frede is no longer listed as an SNY personality.

Say it ain't so...please, somebody, say it ain't so!

LINK To Schedule.
LINK To Talent.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
Unfortunately the two people mentioned, Meghan and Kara, are really color commentators, and I've never seen Kara do in game color. So without Eric we're left with what, a rotating generic cast of play by play announcers chosen from their in studio people? A bunch of guest announcers? This looks either fishy or is a clear mistake.

Reaction Score
There is always someone who is skilled at knowing how to break for ads and do all the things we don't hear. Frankly, as much as I admire es-players I would rather listen to the radio broadcast along with a muted video feed.

Reaction Score
According to their website, as of today, SNY will be broadcasting:
  • 15 live women's basketball games
  • Pre/Half/Post game shows
  • Features and updates in GEICO SportsNite
  • 10 Geno Auriemma Coach's Show
  • Season Preview Special
  • Season Review Special
  • Tournament Preview Special
  • UConn Women's All-Access
Also, the on-air cast of characters from the previous few years including Gary, Justine, Kara, and Meghan are listed on the SNY site. But Eric Frede is no longer listed as an SNY personality.

Say it ain't so...please, somebody, say it ain't so!

LINK To Schedule.
LINK To Talent.

Thanks for this, J-Man. Those of us w/out access to SNY are used to watching the SNY telecast on ESPN3. I assume that will remain the case. However, other SNY features aren't on ESPN3. I watch the Geno show, for example, on YouTube or at the site where the recordings of UConn games are kept. Wonder if the game archive site will continue to be available . . .

Reaction Score
Is Joe D'Ambrosio calling UConn Men's games or unemployed?

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
That's a pretty good slate of games - But I think we have about 30 regular season games or so? They are only covering half? Are the rest on ESPN or CBSportsnet?

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
That's a pretty good slate of games - But I think we have about 30 regular season games or so? They are only covering half? Are the rest on ESPN or CBSportsnet?

Post edit -

The remainder of the games will be broadcast on CBS sports net, ESPN and Fox Sports 1. If you look at the UConn women's schedule that Biff provided for us at the top of the board, it shows which TV network will televise each game (except the Vanderbilt game which will be televised on the SEC network) this season. :cool:

Per the DePaul WBB official website, the UConn game on Mon Dec 16th will be televised on Fox Sports1

Last edited:

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
There's a link to the UConn WBB schedule, including the broadcast information, pinned to the top of WBB forum. Most of the games are identified with maybe 2 or 3 not identified. One game not identified was the Vandy game which will be on SEC Network and most likely on ESPN3.

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
The remainder of the games will be broadcast on CBS sports net, ESPN and Fox Sports 1. If you look at the UConn women's schedule that Biff provided for us at the top of the board, it shows which TV network will televise each game except the Vanderbilt game (TBD) this season. :cool:
There's a link to the UConn WBB schedule, including the broadcast information, pinned to the top of WBB forum. Most of the games are identified with maybe 2 or 3 not identified. One game not identified was the Vandy game which will be on SEC Network and most likely on ESPN3.
@Carnac you beat me. As I posted, the Vandy game is currently scheduled for the SEC Network and ESPN3.

Is the DePaul game still TBD?

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
Great I get all of the Conference networks, so I can watch Crystal Dangerfield's homecoming game without the cr@p from ESPN during the halftime break on ESPN3.

Reaction Score
At least JustinesGuy will not be disappointed. Where has he been lately, anyway? Or did he switch his focus to Kelsey Plum, as he implied he might do?
He was dismissed from the BY.

Reaction Score
Hey, folks,
I Googled Eric Frede and unless I missed something, there is no mention of SNY or UConn Women's Basketball in his Wikipedia or other bios on line. Has there been an acrimonious parting of the ways here?

Reaction Score
Maybe they will have Dave O'Brien do SNY WBB play by play. :)
Actually, that wishful thinking crossed my mind as well. I haven't heard anything about what Dave is doing now.

Reaction Score
Will the games this year on SNY also be available on ESPN3 as they have been in the past? I looked at the ESPN3 schedule and as of right now none of them are listed.

Reaction Score
Actually, that wishful thinking crossed my mind as well. I haven't heard anything about what Dave is doing now.
He is the announcer for the Red Sox. For a few years now. He still does some other games in the off-season.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom