who wins tonights games? | The Boneyard

who wins tonights games?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I'm saying uconn by 15 points will be closer than u think in the first half but uconn pulls away in second half. I say Maryland wins by less then 10 points marylands inside game and depth will come into play last 10 minutes of game...just my opinion....what do u all think?? Go Uconn!!!

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
I say Maryland wins by less then 10 points marylands inside game and depth will come into play last 10 minutes of game...just my opinion....what do u all think?? Go Uconn!!!
1. I think Maryland will have trouble with Dev Peters if she's on her game.
2. If Novosel sets up her tent and campfire at the free throw line, ND by 20

Reaction Score
The woman who was calling the Stanford game last night said she's looking forward to the ND-MD matchup--four guards against a good offense. I was surprised that she thought MD would win. I was worrying about UConn. :(

Reaction Score
The woman who was calling the Stanford game last night said she's looking forward to the ND-MD matchup--four guards against a good offense. I was surprised that she thought MD would win. I was worrying about UConn. :(

That woman was Deb Antonelli, the unofficial ACC spokesperson for women's basketball. :rolleyes:

I admit I have Maryland winning this game in my bracket as well, but I'm beginning to regret that decision. MD isn't playing nearly as well as I thought they were. I don't see them beating the Irish.

Reaction Score
I had a hard time seeing anyone beat the Irish, except maybe Baylor. I was surprised when Antonelli kept saying that.

Reaction Score
This game has all the makings of a "slugfest"! I will be surprised if Dee Kantner is not working this game. I call her the "control" ref. You just don't know what she is there to control. At first glance, Irish are better coached, play defense, and are a veteran team. However, the Irish are soft inside. I'm not a big DP fan. I've seen Pouty Peters when things don't go her way. They can ill afford to have DP on the bench for any extended time tonight. Terapins have a big, physical interior game. I think Irish have to go to the line at least 25 times to win this game, to build fouls on terapins, and to offset rebounding. If refs let them play, I think Maryland wins.

Reaction Score
ND is definitely out-sized. They have been for years and they've been able to overcome it. Teams with good posts are the only teams that have beat them this year. What those teams had in common is that they also played great defense. They've been in the position before where the other teams superior post play was suppose to dominate and they've found a way. ND will be in good shape if they are hitting shots. Those posts have to chase ND's guards around. I'm hoping that nearly all of the "experts" picking them to lose will add even more motivation. I am nervous. I expect ND to get out rebounded and both teams to go to the line. ND's been forcing it and committing turnovers. Foul trouble could doom both teams.

Reaction Score
I just don't eee MD beating ND. It's been the big four all year and besides it's LMM's last chance at an NC for quite some time.

Reaction Score
Besides for me it would be sweet revenge if in this years Final Four we can return last years favor from ND and beat them in the semi final and then avenge this years earlier loss to Baylor in the final for another NC. Just saying.

Reaction Score
Matchup wise I like Maryland but ND has played tougher opponents so they are more battle tested. if MD played Baylor or ND or Uconn in the regular season and lost i would pick them because it would have prepared them. ND has just been battle tested and have senior leadership while MD best players are young.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Much of the ND team is pouty!

Maryland has not looked impressive in falling behind, but they are comeback artists. They have a nice winning streak and lots of confidence. Can they come back against the #4 team? Hmm.

Reaction Score
Besides for me it would be sweet revenge if in this years Final Four we can return last years favor from ND and beat them in the semi final and then avenge this years earlier loss to Baylor in the final for another NC. Just saying.

ALEX - my oh my ....I LIKE the way you think.......from top to bottom, Henny

Reaction Score
I am getting the pre game stomach butterflies that come as the games have more stakes to it.

SWEET - I get em when we go up against THe Little Sisters of the Poor.

Reaction Score
Yep, one-and-done adds to the tension. You are not alone. :D

I know! Big difference between and Elite 8 and a Final Four. So much at stake. Want the team to get to Denver so bad!

Reaction Score
I wonder if last night's Baylor - Tennessee "altercation" will have any impact on how the games are called? Will the refs call it tighter?
That could benefit notre dame if Novosel brings her Academy Award worthy act of flinging herself into the lane while heaving the ball in the air,and Peters and Diggins get their own supporting cast "flops" in. Or, it could hurt them if the refs catch on that they are forcing contact where contact wouldn't otherwise have been made.

Who gets hurt the most if the game is called tightly for UConn and Kentucky. I don't know enough about Kentucky and their depth, but UConn's tight defense could be a problem if they are called for ticky-tack fouls.

Reaction Score
KY plays 10 players usually so calling it tight will probably hurt us more.

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
A little nervous here. My preseason expectations were that UConn would be a top six team and make the Elite Eight. Over the balance of this season, they've proven themselves to be a bit better than that. They've played at a level, on balance, worthy of a trip to Denver. Now they just have to do it tonight against a team that thrives on trying to take you out of your game.

UConn wins this game seven times out of 10. My gut says UK puts up a fight but isn't quite ready as a program to win at/on this stage.

Reaction Score
A little nervous here. My preseason expectations were that UConn would be a top six team and make the Elite Eight. Over the balance of this season, they've proven themselves to be a bit better than that. They've played at a level, on balance, worthy of a trip to Denver. Now they just have to do it tonight against a team that thrives on trying to take you out of your game.
I'm with you, Alex. I keep trying to tell myself that we can hold our heads high b/c they made the Elite Eight, but I so want the overachievers to go to Denver!

Reaction Score
I wonder if last night's Baylor - Tennessee "altercation" will have any impact on how the games are called? Will the refs call it tighter?
That could benefit notre dame if Novosel brings her Academy Award worthy act of flinging herself into the lane while heaving the ball in the air,and Peters and Diggins get their own supporting cast "flops" in. Or, it could hurt them if the refs catch on that they are forcing contact where contact wouldn't otherwise have been made.

Who gets hurt the most if the game is called tightly for UConn and Kentucky. I don't know enough about Kentucky and their depth, but UConn's tight defense could be a problem if they are called for ticky-tack fouls.
I think the MD/ND game is going to be greatly influenced by how the game is called. I can't even watch ND (unless they are playing us, then I have to), watching them charge into the lane and drawing fouls instead of having them called against them, as they deserved.
Not sure our game is as heavily dependent on how the game is called, since we generally don't foul a lot...although last game, I thought a lot of our fouls were deserved, but they didn't call the same fouls against PSU.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Howler

Top Bottom