Who will start in Paige's absence | The Boneyard

Who will start in Paige's absence

Reaction Score
I think it will be Caroline because we need outside shooting and another scorer. Evina will play the point and Nika will be her backup. Until Azzi is ready to play Mir might get some more minutes. I think we will also look to our bigs to score and rebound for putbacks.

Reactions: PvP

JBK

Reaction Score
I think it will be Caroline because we need outside shooting and another scorer. Evina will play the point and Nika will be her backup. Until Azzi is ready to play Mir might get some more minutes. I think we will also look to our bigs to score and rebound for putbacks.
I agree with you on Caroline.
Wonder if Dorka can play some wing as well. She had the reputation of being a very good shooter.
May be interesting to go 6’5 6’4 6’3 for a span.
Would be a great time for Aubrey to be healthy again

Reaction Score
Would be a great time for Aubrey to be healthy again
Yes, that would be great. But I really don't want to see Aubrey rush (or feel like she should rush) back to the court and maybe do more long term damage to herself. It could be a tough couple of weeks.

Reaction Score
Actually, I'm fine with either Nika or Caroline recognizing that there are certain pluses and minuses with each scenario. With Nika you get great point defense and erratic shooting and no real drive threat but a faster more stabilized team. With Caroline you get the pure 3 point shooter but then there is a speed differential at the point and a drop off in defense with Evina. The way Evina has been playing offense these last 2 games, you don't really lose much with her being a pure point. If I was deciding it would be Caroline but I would be quick on the trigger with Nika if there was a relapse which does happen with freshman. Even when the corner is turned there is always another corner ahead.

JBK

Reaction Score
Yes, that would be great. But I really don't want to see Aubrey rush (or feel like she should rush) back to the court and maybe do more long term damage to herself. It could be a tough couple of weeks.
I agree with you
I am a big Aubrey fan and hope she will get time to fully shine at UCONN .. really thought she could be a Gabby W type of impactful player.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
I don't know what the people in this thread are thinking but Caroline Ducharme is not now, nor has she ever been a PG. To think that suddenly she could step in, after finally having a breakthrough game as a wing, and show miraculous PG skills is just silly. Magical thinking is poor reasoning.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I would assume Nika gets the starting point job with CD first off the bench..........ironically UConn is now shorthanded in the back court for the moment......I wonder if Saylor is having second thoughts? Georgia Tech's starting five goes 6'5", 6'4", 6'2", 6'1", 5'9" so it's possible Geno might go big with ONO and Dorka playing together. It may not start that way but very possible during the course of the game if UConn is getting outrebounded...........

Gus Mahler

Popular Composer
Reaction Score
Is the question Who will start in Paige's absence or who will play the point in her absence.

I suggest Nika on both counts. Then Dorka and CDu as indicated. I hearken back to Geno's comment last year that the ball moves better when Nika is in the game.

Meantime, here's hoping Edwards can get her beast on for GT, UCLA, and Louisville.

Reaction Score
I would assume Nika gets the starting point job with CD first off the bench..........ironically UConn is now shorthanded in the back court for the moment......I wonder if Saylor is having second thoughts? Georgia Tech's starting five goes 6'5", 6'4", 6'2", 6'1", 5'9" so it's possible Geno might go big with ONO and Dorka playing together. It may not start that way but very possible during the course of the game if UConn is getting outrebounded...........
I doubt it. I think Saylor correctly deduced that she was never going to be a guard at UConn.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
1638839610731.png

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
The original poster did say that Caroline was his choice to start with Evina playing the point. Or did I misunderstand what was posted?

My guess is that Nika will start, short leash (even though I don't think she deserves one).

Reaction Score
If Paige is a no-go, I like a big lineup with Liv, Dorka, and Edwards up front, and CW and E in the backcourt against Georgia Tech. The problem is with the foul "proneness" of the the bigs.

Reaction Score
Did I miss an announcement? How do we know Paige isn’t starting
you are certainly a positive thinker!!...........I'm hoping and praying it's not a bad injury, I'd assume even if her MRI shows nothing of consequence, she'll be out of action for a game or two just as a precaution.......frankly that would be a wonderful outcome......

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
you are certainly a positive thinker!!...........I'm hoping and praying it's not a bad injury, I'd assume even if her MRI shows nothing of consequence, she'll be out of action for a game or two just as a precaution.......frankly that would be a wonderful outcome......
Well, sure, for a mere mortal…

Reaction Score
I don't know what the people in this thread are thinking but Caroline Ducharme is not now, nor has she ever been a PG. To think that suddenly she could step in, after finally having a breakthrough game as a wing, and show miraculous PG skills is just silly. Magical thinking is poor reasoning.
While I vote for Nika, I would also think that putting Evina at PG could open up a spot for Caroline Ducharme. The question was not who was going to play point guard, but who the 5th starter would be.

Reaction Score
@JordyG i don’t see where anyone said Carline would be PG. can you quote where you seeing that? the thread simply asks who would enter the starting lineup. obviously if it’s caroline or dorka then someone else already in the starting lineup would be PG. Evina has experience running point.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
@JordyG i don’t see where anyone said Carline would be PG. can you quote where you seeing that? the thread simply asks who would enter the starting lineup. obviously if it’s caroline or dorka then someone else already in the starting lineup would be PG. Evina has experience running point.
The header of the thread specifically says "Who will start in Paige's absence", not "Who would enter the starting lineup".

Reaction Score
While I vote for Nika, I would also think that putting Evina at PG could open up a spot for Caroline Ducharme. The question was not who was going to play point guard, but who the 5th starter would be.
Carolyn shoots from same place—all of them—as Paige.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom