Who Will Shine? | The Boneyard

Who Will Shine?

Reaction Score
Any ideas about who might step up in the NCAA Tournament and take on a bigger role than they have so far? Olivia is really coming on... Megan has had a few stellar games... Christyn is a star waiting to shine...

Thoughts?

Reaction Score
If both Olivia and Christyn both step up along with Micayla, then the team will step up and become very formidable throughout the tournament and have a chance to play the Louisville's, Baylors, and Notre Dame with fierce intensity.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
I think MW will step up big in the tournament. She felt first hand what it feels like to lose in the FF so I think she will leave no stone unturned getting her mind ready and focused. Same for Crystal (even more so).

Freshman are freshman (except for Stewie/Maya) so I think they will continue to have consistency issues and in ONO's case, fouls will continue to be an issue.

Reaction Score
Assuming the first 3 games are normal games and predictable outcomes, the next games, elite eight, ff, and championship are crucial for any team to advance. The proof of great players is what they do in deciding situations. They need to play best in the most intense competition. May be Pheesa can step up, or CW can be the great player she was destined to be!!! For UConn to do well, I predict, it only happens if the whole team step up or a superstar will emerge.

Reaction Score
KLS needs to hit outside shots. The blueprint for beating, or at least giving yourself a chance to beat, this team is out there: clog the paint, force UConn to make 3s, and limit offensive possessions.

Reaction Score
KLS needs to hit outside shots. The blueprint for beating, or at least giving yourself a chance to beat, this team is out there: clog the paint, force UConn to make 3s, and limit offensive possessions.
Similar blueprint for lots of teams including MSST. Hope we both do well and play each other in the championship game!

Reaction Score
If both Olivia and Christyn both step up along with Micayla, then the team will step up and become very formidable throughout the tournament and have a chance to play the Louisville's, Baylors, and Notre Dame with fierce intensity.
Agree in total. I saw before Ms Williams arrived that she is and would be a very special player. She has only shown it here and there. If she follows Stewies lead she shall lead in the NCAA. If all you mention don't step up and move their game 3 notches--it could be a gloomy end to the season. Rephrasing---It won't be gloomy, these kids have surpassed all my expectations. The FF or NC would be the cherry on top of that sundae.

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
With the pressure of the NCAA tourney we have the cream of the crop in top players. They will step up because theyve been in big situations before and have come through. The light will go on in their heads and sit back relax and watch them do their thing. This is what they came to UConn for. They are leaders and have lead their previous teams. Thats what theyre here to do at UConn.

Reaction Score
Each one of the starting five are capable of coming up big in a game. I expect different players to have a big game depending on whom we play. The BIG unknown is Olivia ( fingers crossed there). This is going to be such fun - can't wait..

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
UConn typically finds another gear come tournament time, and that’s not by accident. Geno cuts back on practice time and conditioning, so the players get their legs back. In addition, after breaking them down all season, he builds them up at tournament time, giving them an infusion of confidence.

As a result, when March rolls around, UConn WBB is physically and mentally superior, and ready to step up. As for which player will step up the most? I’m hoping it’s Lou. I want to see her finally play in her 1st national championship game while leading the Huskies to their 12th NCAA title.

Reaction Score
I think ONO needs to score a bit more. Maybe 10-12 a game. That would take some pressure off. I also predict CW will find another gear. Hopefully Lou will be hot from behind the ARC. Pheesa will always be Pheesa and I think Crystal will always be on point. I think Lou's success behind the arc will be key to UConn's success from Sweet 16 to the end. No question in my mind. If we are cold from 3, it's gonna be a short tournament. Competition is very good this year.

Reaction Score
I agree with oldude that Geno and Chris are old hands at getting the team to peak at the right time.

I think there are several ways they can win the NC. The only way they can lose, to my thinking, is by being "out bigged". Olivia, and a healthy Batouley in spells, can neutralize that fear if each plays as they've shown they can.

I give them a better than 50-50 chance of walking away with number twelve.

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
Geno and Muffet can outcoach many of the other coaches. Both UConn and ND can score alot of points and more then most teams. UConn is the better defensive team and IMO Miss St is right behind. Baylor does not score alot of points so it you can get a decent lead on Baylor they could have problems. UConn beat ND because ND left CW open and tried to double up on the Big 3. NDs defense couldnt handle UConn. As we enter the tournament Stanford could surprise alot of people. Oregon has a great guard and some height. There are some players who can take over a game like Durr Phessa and Lou. Defense will be big in the regionals. Its gonna be a terrific tournament and and if Baylor can keep the score in the 60's or less they should win but if the score is in the 80's Baylor will loose. I cant wait for tonite, Im suffering from lack of UConn

SVCBeercats

Meglepetés Előadó
Reaction Score
Any ideas about who might step up in the NCAA Tournament and take on a bigger role than they have so far? Olivia is really coming on... Megan has had a few stellar games... Christyn is a star waiting to shine...Thoughts?

In order to win the NCAA championship all of the players NEED to shine on this team. There is no Maya, Stewie, or "D" to carry them to the trophy. It has to be a complete team effort with everyone playing beyond their best as in shining.

Reaction Score
Megan is the key to our title run. Not for her offense, but defense and rebounding. When it gets to the Elite 8, she will be guarding much bigger players (Anriel Howard, Lauren Cox, etc). So our ability to get a win will rely heavily on how she can keep these women off the boards.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Megan is the key to our title run. Not for her offense, but defense and rebounding. When it gets to the Elite 8, she will be guarding much bigger players (Anriel Howard, Lauren Cox, etc). So our ability to get a win will rely heavily on how she can keep these women off the boards.
Megan is actually 2” taller than Howard.

Reaction Score
Geno and Muffet can outcoach many of the other coaches. Both UConn and ND can score alot of points and more then most teams. UConn is the better defensive team and IMO Miss St is right behind. Baylor does not score alot of points so it you can get a decent lead on Baylor they could have problems. UConn beat ND because ND left CW open and tried to double up on the Big 3. NDs defense couldnt handle UConn. As we enter the tournament Stanford could surprise alot of people. Oregon has a great guard and some height. There are some players who can take over a game like Durr Phessa and Lou. Defense will be big in the regionals. Its gonna be a terrific tournament and and if Baylor can keep the score in the 60's or less they should win but if the score is in the 80's Baylor will loose. I cant wait for tonite, Im suffering from lack of UConn
You do know that Baylor’s defense is pretty damn good too right?

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
But can she keep her out of the paint? Howard is a beast on boards regardless of height
I thought Megan did a really good job banging with Brianna Turner in UConn's win at ND earlier this year. If she can hold her own against Turner who is 6'3", she can handle Howard. My bigger concern against MS St is McGowan. Pheesa will need help to handle her, and once you start giving Pheesa help, other players will be open.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom