Who Will Play Geno, and What Will the Movie Be Called? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Who Will Play Geno, and What Will the Movie Be Called?

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
Who is? Just checked. Al Pacino is 5'-7"...and can it be Geno is 6'-1"??? :eek:

Geno is 5-10 at best. He makes Lobo remove her heels to interview him, and she still towers over him. Pacino would have to wear lifts, which he probably does anyway. I think Burt Reynolds is also about 5-7. I saw him up close in person once. The man is really short.

LasVegasYank

Never pay retail for anything.
Reaction Score
How about Geno playing Geno? They could dye his hair for the scenes earlier in his career (and maybe add a hairpiece). :rolleyes:

Reaction Score
Hoosier Daddy? Why, Gene Hackman of course. Aside from his height (6'2") and age (88), he'd be perfect. He's already mastered the acerbic basketball coach and He has 3/4 of the name down pat.

Aluminny69

Old Timer
Reaction Score
Francis Avallone. who else?

frankie-avalon-promojpg.jpg

Blueballer

Transhumanist Consultant
Reaction Score
LOL - By the time that movie gets made it might very well be an actor we haven't heard of yet.

Reaction Score
A little input from an Auriema on this topic...;)
Would you cast Matt Damon as Geno Auriemma in a movie? Alysa Auriemma would
I think casting and the title would be the easy task. What would take more work would be writing and directing a film that could get as many of the characters in as possible. This over such a long duration of success along with trying to pare down the quips and quotes that run in the hundreds. All to make a movie that does not last six hours. ..:D

Last edited:
Reaction Score
At first thought I thought this was a little cocky and presumptive. However, I think it is safe to say this will happen and he deserves for it to happen. Truly one of the greatest coaches of all time!!

Would deff love to see a movie!

Reaction Score
Tony Sirico (great hair) as Little Luigi in "Il Duce of the Hardwood "
Sharon Stone as CD
Geno's Mom as herself, because no one can play an Italian Nona like a real Italian Nona!!!!
Shea Ralph as Strega Nona. NCAA titles keep coming out of the pot and over take Hartford.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom