Who will be the next OC? | Page 7 | The Boneyard

Who will be the next OC?

Who will be the next OC?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Listen. I (along with TDH) would like a better aerial assault. But mostly I want to win. If Cummings can coach up the OL and this guy can coordinate the *&^% out of a running offense we will be light years better than we are now. If it turns out we end up the Fiesta Bowl version of the UCONN Huskies I can deal with that. But I'm still convinced that we will throw if we have a QB that can do so, regardless of our focus.

Bonehead

'Ollie North of the Cesspool'
Reaction Score
From East Orange, went to Seton Hall. Expect even more NJ recruiting. Definitely not a bad thing considering all the talent in state.

I thought we need to keep CT recruits at home instead of worrying about Jersey - seems like we missed the boat of promoting some CT HS FB Association Memeber who is an up and comer with offensive philosophy and game planning on that side of that ball - we already have Jersey connections...
:cool:

so far not much to dislike about this hire in my eyes - will give him a quarter or two (of the spring game) before making judgement...

:D

Last edited:

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
I thought we need to keep CT recruits at home instead of worrying about Jersey

It's not an either-or proposition. I know it's hard to imagine, but one can drive a car and visit New Jersey and Connecticut in the same day!!! ;)

As for the pick; sounds good to me. Keep in mind that Emmitt Smith broke the rushing record that year because the Dallas QBs were Quincy Carter and Chad Hutchinson. As a Cowboys fan, that's when the times started to turn for the team. Still, he has a lot of experience at a lot of levels.

I think the other changes of offensive coaching positions seem extremely curious to me! I wonder if anyone has any insight on the why's of some of those changes...

Bonehead

Reaction Score
It's not an either-or proposition. I know it's hard to imagine, but one can drive a car and visit New Jersey and Connecticut in the same day!!! ;)

Point might have been missed - the guy is from Jersey so he can recruit jersey kids -
Maybe we miss out on the CT kids because we dont have a CT guys on the staff...

WINK WINK

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
Point might have been missed - the guy is from Jersey so he can recruit jersey kids -

WINK WINK

Of the 21 recruits that we signed this year, 7 were from New Jersey. We certainly weren't "deficient" in our Jersey recruiting. And let's be honest; do we really need a CT guy to be able to recruit CT kids? If the answer is "yes", then we have bigger problems than I thought... ;)

https://rivals.yahoo.com/connecticut/football/recruiting/commitments/

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score

WINK WINK
If you're using Lou Marinelli as an example, I think it is less UConn having non-CT guys on staff, than having non-UConn guys in the CT HS ranks. UConn had CT guys on staff with the last regime. Results weren't materially different.

Reaction Score

As for the pick; sounds good to me. Keep in mind that Emmitt Smith broke the rushing record that year because the Dallas QBs were Quincy Carter and Chad Hutchinson. As a Cowboys fan, that's when the times started to turn for the team. Still, he has a lot of experience at a lot of levels.

I think the other changes of offensive coaching positions seem extremely curious to me! I wonder if anyone has any insight on the why's of some of those changes...
Me too. Weren't the special team cover units ranked pretty high at the end of the season? Didn't think a change was needed there. I wonder what that's all about?

Verducci has an extensive background with the offensive line too which should be a plus.

Reaction Score
If you're using Lou Marinelli as an example, I think it is less UConn having non-CT guys on staff, than having non-UConn guys in the CT HS ranks. UConn had CT guys on staff with the last regime. Results weren't materially different.
That's not totally true...UCONN had more than just Pasqualoni and DeLeone...(a**hat buddies with a few of these clowns who happen to coach at schools where they have every thing they want and then some)...on the last staff. There were 2 carryover's from Edsall to Pasqualoni who played high school football in CT...John Wholley and Matt Cersosimo. Cersosimo's father AND grandfather were CT high school coaches who from the sound of things were VERY highly respected. Cersosimo and Wholley didn't see much success in CT before Pasqualoni and DeLeone or while those 2 were here.

Bonehead

Reaction Score
I am NOT saying we need a CT guy -

I was just pointing out...nevermind

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member