Who will be the difference makers tonight for UCONN? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Who will be the difference makers tonight for UCONN?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
ND, again will try to take Stewie out of the game tonight. Geno will move her around like he did last year. My secret player tonight is Kia Nurse, ND will leave her open and she will need to make her open looks and then that will open the middle for Tuck, Stewie and Kiah..I am looking for a tight game in the 1st half, then UCONN pulls away when ND runs out of steam.

84-62 UCONN Championship 3 PEAT again....
I'd say when Lawlor and Pulido come in, that determines the outcome.

Reaction Score
Really hard to say, but there are a number of things I'm anticipating...Morgan demonstrating she can run rings around the new, revitalized Reimer and the Wunderkind, Turner...Kiah closing down the paint and rejecting both ND bigs...Mo demonstrating how to attack the basket, shoot the three, deny the ball, and commit multiple theft by takings...Kaleena and the UCONN brain trust finally getting her open to inflict maximum torture...Kia playing with the poise she's shown all year, and Breanna taking home her third Final Four MVP...

Reaction Score
My vote is Stokes for UConn, and Allen for ND. I just hope ND doesn't make so many of those crazy 3s like they did towards the end of the first half of last year's game to try and get back in it using the only real weapon they had.
Also Kia.

Reaction Score
ND, again will try to take Stewie out of the game tonight. Geno will move her around like he did last year. My secret player tonight is Kia Nurse, ND will leave her open and she will need to make her open looks and then that will open the middle for Tuck, Stewie and Kiah..I am looking for a tight game in the 1st half, then UCONN pulls away when ND runs out of steam.

84-62 UCONN Championship 3 PEAT again....

Pretty much my thinking as well. I think that defensively, Nurse, Gabby, and Stokes are my picks for players that will be the difference makers. I can see Nurse face guarding Lyod and just being a huge pest for her. Stokes will be that spark off the bench. Gabby's speed an athleticism will create problems for ND in the post.

Offensively, I can see coach having Stewie playing in different spots on the floor. Just to keep ND off balance. I see, KML having a bounce back game. If that happens, then Tuck, Mo Jeff, and Stewie are going to have a really special night.

UConn: 85
ND: 53

Reaction Score
Wow.....a lot of good thinking in this thread. If UCONN plays like you folks are thinking, we've got #10 in the bag tonight!

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
I think KML and Kiah will have big games since after all its their last game playing for UCONN. I can see KML making eight 3's and Kiah blocking ten shots.

This suggests a repeat of Kelly Schumacher's block party vs. Tenn. in the 2000 final. I like it.

Reaction Score
The player that will make the greatest difference is the greatest players in women's college basketball - Breanna Stewart. Breanna has the ability to dominate, and I believe in the biggest moments she will take over and will her team to victory. Morgan will be incredible, as she always is. Moriah will be defending, running, passing and whatever else we need. Kaleena will be hitting from three, from two and down low while helping to control the boards, Kiah will settle down early and play an even-keeled game. Kiah will rebound and block, block and block . . . shots. Gabby will provide energy, rebounding and put backs. However, Breanna will make the greatest difference.

Gus Mahler

Popular Composer
Reaction Score
Here's hoping Stokes has a monster game. I don't think ND will let K go off, which is too bad: She's not far from third on UCONN's all-time scoring list.

I can also see Chong making a contribution face-guarding Loyd, as she did with T. Mitchell.

Zorro

Nuestro Zorro Amigo
Reaction Score
Stewie, Tuck, MoJat and SuperK. Oh, and Kiah.

Reaction Score
Wow.....a lot of good thinking in this thread. If UCONN plays like you folks are thinking, we've got #10 in the bag tonight!
ND is loose and playing with nothing to lose. This is far from in the bag. As Geno says, teams that have seen us before have an advantage, and ND has seen us A LOT. If the final was a best of 3 there's no doubt in my mind UConn wins it, but in a one game winner take all, anything can happen.

Reaction Score
HOOPS: What I was trying to convey was that if our team plays with the same brilliance that you posters have displayed in this thread, then we are in. Said it clumsily, I suppose. And, I agree with you that anything can happen tonight or any night, and I am as concerned pre=game as I always am. Perhaps even more so with so much on the line.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom