Who will be the biggest surprise this year? | The Boneyard

Who will be the biggest surprise this year?

Who will be the biggest surprise this year?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Of the players listed, who do you think will be the biggest surprise - not necessarily scoring the most, but who will produce in unexpected and surprising ways?

Reaction Score
For me it's between HB and MJ and I'm gonna say Heather. I think Kia is gonna push her and Heather will come up big on defense and rebounding.

Drumguy

Funny, now I mostly play guitar
Reaction Score
I think we already have heard about how well BB was playing so I'm not sure she'll be much of a surprise at this point. I thnk we're not hearing so much about Kiah and yet we really need her to step up. KML I'm just expecting to be a superstar.

Reaction Score
I think we already have heard about how well BB was playing so I'm not sure she'll be much of a surprise at this point. I thnk we're not hearing so much about Kiah and yet we really need her to step up. KML I'm just expecting to be a superstar.
I'm wondering what would be a greater surprise: Heather with 4 points and 3 rebounds per game or Kiah with 8 points and 7 rebounds per game. I would expect Kiah to outplay Heather, so does lesser stats make Heather a bigger surprise?

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
I'm wondering what would be a greater surprise: Heather with 4 points and 3 rebounds per game or Kiah with 8 points and 7 rebounds per game. I would expect Kiah to outplay Heather, so does lesser stats make Heather a bigger surprise?
I'm not sure. i think in that case the bigger surprise might be who gets the most playing time, or who is first off the bench...

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
I just don't think BB will be a surprise anymore. GA and staff clearly think enough of her to start her so nothing she is gonna do is going to surprise me!! I think she will be awesome.

I am hoping for MJ to break out this year!!!!

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
I not sure why you left Tiffany Hayes off your list.

As a Senior, all the complaints about her game will be gone. Her pull up jumper will be deadly. She will be a defensive wiz. Her 3 point shooting will jump back to the upper 30%'s. Her leadship will be off the charts.

You want your possible BE Player of the year and AA? Look no further.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score

As a Senior, all the complaints about her game will be gone. Her pull up jumper will be deadly. She will be a defensive wiz. Her 3 point shooting will jump back to the upper 30%'s. Her leadship will be off the charts.

I like the way you think. Skylar who?

BE POY: TH
BE FOY: KML

Reaction Score

I know I didn't make up the list but as far as I'm concerned that wouldn't be a surprise.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I am the first vote for KML. Just trying to be different. Recall 4 years ago when the new kid on the block--the one wearing #23, about whom Doug Bruno said to Geno, "Tell me the truth. She's even better than you thought. Isn't she?"--was amazing? It's deja vu.

DaddyChoc and I agree totally on this (I think). Kaleena will be even better than you thought. I think we have 4 AA candidates, and the supremely talented frosh is one of them. Jantel and Maya proved that a player can be conference POY as a frosh. Some kids are just different. Maya was the ultimate winner. Kaleena is cut from the same fabric.

Reaction Score
The choice for me was easy; I feel that Brianna Banks will be a major contributor this year. To me she is a bigger Lorin Dixson with offense.

Reaction Score
My brain sez put your money on Banks (pun intended), but my heart sez "Buck."

Reaction Score
I think Kelly will find her old shooting stroke and find nothing but the bottom of the net.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score

well i left her off the list because she was the 2nd best player on the team last year, at least from a statistical standpoint. i get that people feel she was inconsistent, but i expect her to score 16+ PPG, average 3 assists per game and grab 4-5 RPG. i'd be surprised if she were NOT an AA this year. 2nd or 3rd team for sure. so that's why she wasn't on the list...

so anyway, i didn't think her having a really good year would be a surprise, but apparently others did so i should have added her. next time....

Kibitzer

Sky Soldier
Reaction Score
I got to thinking about this thread, inquiring who we EXPECT to SURPRISE us. Is that a contradiction or some sort of an oxymoron? After all, you can't be surprised by something you expect. DOH!

semper

Paleographer
Reaction Score
I expect great from KML and BB; so I voted for KS, because if she turns it up, I'll be amazed and very happy. I was looking at her Italy production and was pleased, but then it seems that almost everyone played well.

PacoSwede

Creeker in fact
Reaction Score
well i left her off the list because she was the 2nd best player on the team last year, at least from a statistical standpoint. i get that people feel she was inconsistent, but i expect her to score 16+ PPG, average 3 assists per game and grab 4-5 RPG. i'd be surprised if she were NOT an AA this year. 2nd or 3rd team for sure. so that's why she wasn't on the list...

so anyway, i didn't think her having a really good year would be a surprise, but apparently others did so i should have added her. next time....
Indeed, there is very little that would surprise regarding Tiffany. Maybe if she grows 4 more inches, that would surprise some folks.

Since Lauren was not in the poll ... well, that surprises me. Lauren certainly has lots of opportunites to spring a surprise. Of couse, I don't expect it. (Tip of the hat to Kib)

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Interesting question: Can someone expecting to be surprised be surprised. The answer must be yes so long as it is not what expected and/or arrived in a way or time other than when it was expected. So yes, we can still be surprised by BB.

I mean, really, think about it. DD surprises us all the time. Folks at the Summitt are still reeling from his graciousness. Which, BTW, DD was a wonderful post.

Reaction Score
I don't have a clue, so why guess?

I say all of the above plus the other players plus the coaches and the entire BB world will be surprised and shocked when we win the National Championship!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom