Who will be better next year? | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Who will be better next year?

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
I don't think I was talking to you but since you wanted to butt in Mulkey became the head coach and a University where talent is extremely rich. Dawn became a head coach in philly to give lesser talent kids in who were less fortunate. Now she came down to a University where basketball was completely looked over and now has a fan base and support like no one I would say that's a huge achievement. Kim may have started as a head coach in 2000 but she was an assistant long before then at LA Tech so she's been in the business for a while.
In watching this dialogue, I actually think these two have had remarkably similar careers. Mulkey herself was a great point guard on LaTech team that won an AIAW title and then the 1st NCAA Title as well as 2 Final 4s. She was also on the 1984 Gold Medal Olympic team. Does this sound familiar yet? There was no pro basketball per se so Kim became an assistant while Dawn play WNBA. As Kim paid her dues, she earned a Power 5 HC while Dawn did have to take a lesser HC as she hadn't earned the right yet. Dawn did a good job at Temple and earned SC role. Kim had to build the BU program in the Texas shadow and soon eclipsed Jody C! Kim's run of Big12 titles is phenomenal and if Dawn can do the same that would be as remarkable. Let's keep in mind Kim has been nationally relevant much longer and done this with numerous rosters. Dawn has yet to do this with a full roster turnover (yet). I do like Dawn and laud her wanting to coach under Geno and work with the National team these many years and get better as a coach which she has.

To me, these are mirror images albeit 10-11 years apart. Only difference is Dawn hasn't mastered jacket tossing yet...:rolleyes:

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
To me, these are mirror images albeit 10-11 years apart. Only difference is Dawn hasn't mastered jacket tossing yet...:rolleyes:

Dawn really needs to step it up w/ her wardrobe too if she's going to rival Kim. Needs some leopard print pleather pants or something.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99
Top Bottom