Who were last night's refs? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Who were last night's refs?

Reaction Score
In general, being at the game I though the referee were too involve in the game. They were looking for their own gratification, their moment on TV time!!!~ . Geno has been saying for years, let the women play their game, and call just the real infractions. The calls were bad on both team, taking out the flow of the game. Lets treat the women equally across the board. That's the greatest gift I can ask for my grand-daughters.

Zorro

Nuestro Zorro Amigo
Reaction Score
See, you can get a totally distorted idea of things from having to follow the game on gametracker and the Boneyard. I thought surely Sally and June must have been involved.

Jimbo

Running to Stand Still
Reaction Score
According to Carl Adamec, it was Scott Yarbrough's calls that seemed to upset Geno the most. Carl also notes that there's a history between those two, as Yarbrough was the ref who ejected Geno in the first half of a 1999 game against Kentucky. (Geno hasn't been thrown out of a game since.)

Link (mostly about Stewie coming back for win #100): Stewart returns to Gampel to see history

Reaction Score
I'm was puzzled by the fourth foul called on Lou (rebounding action in the final quarter). I saw typical physical play, but I didn't perceive a foul on anybody's part. Certainly not Lou's. It was a non-event to me, a no-call. Geno was a wee bit peeved about it, I think.

Perhaps I missed something? ESPN essentially ignored the play (too busy with Holly's report about the kid bleeding in the mouth, I recall). It also hasn't generated much, if any, comment here.

Any opinions on whether the foul call was legit or obvious? I'm wondering what I missed.
Exactly what I was thinking. I saw no sign of a foul on that play, and certainly not by Lou.

Reaction Score
Not bad people, just poorly refereed.
Maybe. The one call that I thought really went in Uconn's favor was the Pheesa's deflection of a pass that the refs missed and gave us the ball when it went out of bounds which of course, was not a foul by either team.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
In general, being at the game I though the referee were too involve in the game. They were looking for their own gratification, their moment on TV time!!!~ . Geno has been saying for years, let the women play their game, and call just the real infractions. The calls were bad on both team, taking out the flow of the game. Lets treat the women equally across the board. That's the greatest gift I can ask for my grand-daughters.
wow... some says KLS get beat up every game. I guess you dont see it as a big deal. I'm on your team.

I wonder if Geno and Dawn encouraged the refs to "let them play". I think it happens a lot, I think Geno knows he'll win most games so he doesn't mind if Houston players play with some "intensity".

Geno likes Dawn and isn't going to mention being beat up by USC.

Reaction Score
Can someone please explain to me how it is legal for a defender to actually rest their arms on KLS arm 20 ft from the basket , so she can't get the ball ?

JoePgh

Cranky pants and wise acre
Reaction Score
Can someone please explain to me how it is legal for a defender to actually rest their arms on KLS arm 20 ft from the basket , so she can't get the ball ?
It isn't legal, but the question is whether that is a big enough deal to make a call. If everything like that were called, there would be a whistle every 5 seconds and the game would last for 4 hours. One of the challenges to officials is to exercise judgment (in a quarter-second time frame) about what needs to be called and what can be let go.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom