Who was UConn's most spectacular player? | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Who was UConn's most spectacular player?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I'm always amazed that Rudy Gay gets mentioned with the upper tier elite of the program, even for things like "most spectacular player". He was completely forgettable for me and seemed as generic a "star" as they come.

My vote would be for Ben Gordon, dark horse candidate is Tony Robertson.

I agree. I was never a big Rudy guy but he was the best all round talent ive seen at Uconn. IMHO hes never played to the level of his talent when he was here and in the NBA.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
Ray and Kemba.
Scottie Burrell up there too.
Marcus Johnson also had some high flying dunks. Edmund Saunders too.

RedStickHusky

formerly SeoulHuskyFan
Reaction Score
Going old school. Definitely agree with Stormin Norman Bailey. He had the best jam I have seen in person in the old field house in Feb of 1980 in a double overtime loss to Villanova. He stole the ball at half court ,raced to the basket, double pumped over a Villanova defender and slammed it. HE was incredibly athletic. To bad he never reached his full potential.
Other old school nominees are Tony Hanson, Earl Kelley, Lee Otis Wilson and Mike McKay
Head nod to Tony Hanson... Not a UConn story but I was a high school sophomore during his senior year at Holy Cross; the state LL tournament had Fitch/Gerald Henderson and Hartford Public/Dwight Tolliver - some absollutely great, high-level, games.

Reaction Score
Foster lead an upset of St John at MSG in the. Old NIT
Good call on Jimmy Foster. He was a very stylish player. He threw passes between his legs and and could score in bunches. Best lefty PG this side of Marcus Williams.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DyNASTY#3

Top Bottom