Who thought it was a good idea? | The Boneyard

Who thought it was a good idea?

Status
Not open for further replies.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
To serenade the Michigan fans with Hail to the Victors. Just ridiculous.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I know it happens. Having 10 thousand Michigan fans getting fired up singing along was pretty frigging annoying.

I'm glad all the Michigan fans had fun. Their enjoyment of the festivities is very important.

Reaction Score
I know it happens. Having 10 thousand Michigan fans getting fired up singing along was pretty frigging annoying.

I'm glad all the Michigan fans had fun. Their enjoyment of the festivities is very important.

Are you for real? Why not just have one more drink and call it a night.

Reaction Score
The Rays have made it their deal to play Sweet Caroline after they beat Sox and NY NY when they beat Yanks. But only after it's over

To serenade the Michigan fans with Hail to the Victors. Just ridiculous.

Reaction Score

It's not their fault that EVERY Mich fan knows the words to Hail to the Victors and takes pride in their team to sing it,at the top of their lungs! In contrast to the PATHETIC CT fans who not only don't know the words to our fight song, they just sit on their asses while its played. Maybe it was good for this half ass fan base to see what real fans are supposed to do!!!

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Dumb post. Really, really dumb post.

If you say so. Maybe watching 12,000 visiting fans singing their fight song in our building doesn't bother other people. I found it infuriating.

Reaction Score
I thought it showed class and respect. Maybe, just maybe, we won over some folks who would support our ultimate move to the Big 10. I have no doubt we can get there with some effort.

Reaction Score
Seroiusly Whaler, if everything about the experience, the team, the coaches, AD etc. provides you such a miserable existance just stop following them, you do have a choice here. I've seen children complain less for sake!

Reaction Score
If you say so. Maybe watching 12,000 visiting fans singing their fight song in our building doesn't bother other people. I found it infuriating.

Since it happens everywhere around college football, and I'm aware that it happens everywhere, no, it didn't bother me. But go ahead with your petulant little rant if it makes you feel better.

Reactions: pj

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Seroiusly Whaler, if everything about the experience, the team, the coaches, AD etc. provides you such a miserable existance just stop following them, you do have a choice here. I've seen children complain less for sake!

Thanks for the advice.

I don't enjoy losing. I don't enjoy having a home game overrun with opposition fans.

I don't enjoy watching the athletic department and coaching staff run the program into the ground.

I'll get in line though if it makes you happy. Who cares who wins? Who cares if thousands of UConn 'fans' sell their tickets to Michigan fans? Who cares if Pasqualoni loses more games in 2 and a quarter seasons at Rentschler than Edsall did in 8 full seasons?

We can't possibly hope to compete - so I'll just be thrilled that people made the difficult decision to actually see the end of a game.

Maybe if we get on our knees for Big 10 teams they'll invite us to come play in their sandbox. That seems to be the acceptable strategy I'm hearing.

I'm glad so many people are content with yesterday. Should translate to great attendance for the balance of the schedule. I mean if you don't have complaints about the AD, staff and team no reason not to come out and watch 60 minutes of South Florida and Memphis. We should shatter ESPN3 ratings records for Buffalo next week.

Reaction Score
I wish I knew what section this Michigan Fan was sitting in ;)

"The guy behind me...

I just got back to NYC a few minutes ago. The guy a few rows behind me was hilarious. It's really too bad we didn't do better because I would've loved to have heard him complain the whole game. I knew I was lucky to be sitting by him before the game even started when he blew a gasket as their band played our fight song. He immediately lost his mind and suggested they play the song everytime we scored. Unfortunately, our performance kept him quiet most of the game, until the 4th quarter."

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
by ridiculous you mean classy, right?

Sure fine. It's classy. A lot of people made money selling tickets to Michigan fans. Glad we could accommodate them with a serenade and handing the game over on a silver platter.

Hey Big 10 - we were nice enough to give you the wind in the fourth quarter. Invite us and we can make a rule that we go into the wind for four quarters in all home games.

While you guys are towel snapping after a loss their fans bragging about how they overran the building

Reaction Score
Sure fine. It's classy. A lot of people made money selling tickets to Michigan fans. Glad we could accommodate them with a serenade and handing the game over on a silver platter.

Hey Big 10 - we were nice enough to give you the wind in the fourth quarter. Invite us and we can make a rule that we go into the wind for four quarters in all home games.

While you guys are towel snapping after a loss their fans bragging about how they overran the building
We brought in a true, first class football program with a massive following. That's what happens. They show up. The Rent crowd was loud and proud and held up its end of the bargain. Is it irritating listening a Michigan moron spewing ? Yes. But, I'd take a packed stadium with a high level opponent any week. It's was almost a perfect night, but for the loss. Connecticut (team and fans) acquitted themselves well before the Nation.

RedSoloCup

2 golf tournaments...
Reaction Score
No one is happy with the loss. I was not physically playing the game, so my heart goes out to the guys who put out the effort and were on the field. However, I only am unhappy, not feeling the pain of the guys who have sweat out bullets to get to this point in their careers.

I am happy with improvement, am happy with the time of said improvement so that it was available on a national stage.

I am happy we were good hosts, as that will help our perception should a mid-western conference need more local TV viewership.

I am happy that we as fans were loud, as our team was happy that we were loud and they could take some energy from us.

I am not happy with the coaching direction. I am also not happy with the deep enders on the board who constantly try to pull everyone off their ledge.

I am happy this site has an ignore button.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I don't enjoy losing. I don't enjoy having a home game overrun with opposition fans.

It wasn't close to being "overrun with opposition fans." I know what that's like, I've been to MSG in the '90s for men's hoop games. When one feels the need to exaggerate to make a point, it means they don't have much of a point. Anger issues, maybe.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
It wasn't close to being "overrun with opposition fans." I know what that's like, I've been to MSG in the '90s for men's hoop games. When one feels the need to exaggerate to make a point, it means they don't have much of a point. Anger issues, maybe.

Oh I have anger issues.

So what's your estimate on the Michigan fan attendance. I've got 13-14k. How about you?

Reaction Score
You don't want 13 k Michigan fans in the building? Don't schedule Michigan . . .

I went to Alabama - PSU two years ago and there were easily 25,000 Alabama fans in the building.

Reaction Score
Having 10 thousand Michigan fans getting fired up singing along was pretty frigging annoying.

So what's your estimate on the Michigan fan attendance. I've got 13-14k. How about you?

I don't know about my estimate, but I notice yours keeps getting larger...

johnny-leon3.jpg

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Oh I have anger issues.

What has one to do with the other? You're mad at the band, the other teams fans were friggin' annoying, your blasting other UConn fans because they aren't showing an appropriate level of outrage, you're infuriated. And that's just in this thread. I bet in your own mind that makes you a better fan than everyone else, you're maybe even a Superfan. For your sake, I hope you find the serenity to accept the things you cannot change. Everyone know what the deal is here. Wearing your hair shirt doesn't make a difference.

And you say 1 out of every 3 attendees was a UM fan. No way, not even close. 8K tops. And they were a quiet bunch. Overrun means that the crowd was a consistent, vocal presence. Kinda like the UConn fans in Maryland last year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom