Who should lose their job because of today? | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Who should lose their job because of today?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
I just finished the first quarter. How did we lose this game?

I don't mind the call to go for it but the sneak was a bad call. They didn't learn from last week. The biggest play was Lemelle not catching the dadgum punt and letting it roll 30 yards. Onto the 2nd quarter.

It gets worse.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
Whoever is in charge of in-game promotions during TV timeouts should be canned. Cant they find a kid who can make a 20 yard FG? How's about adding some intrigue to that stupid row game? If your row loses, the winning row gets to hit every member of the losing row in the head with that sign that they pass down. And where in the world was the slalom race today?? I missed it.

Dooley

Reaction Score
The biggest play was Lemelle not catching the dadgum punt and letting it roll 30 yards. Onto the 2nd quarter.

Not catching punts is something that I am trying very hard to just expect. I want to be wowed if we ever actually catch a punt. I'm getting there.

Reaction Score
Whoever is in charge of in-game promotions during TV timeouts should be canned. Cant they find a kid who can make a 20 yard FG? How's about adding some intrigue to that stupid row game? If your row loses, the winning row gets to hit every member of the losing row in the head with that sign that they pass down. And where in the world was the slalom race today?? I missed it.
At least the credit card checker actually hit more than like 2

Dooley

Reaction Score
At least the credit card checker actually hit more than like 2

Left handed no less! Boomer Esiason, eat your heart out!

Reaction Score
First Q we have them backed up on their goaline and they have to punt. we rush no one (what if they fumble the snap?) and then Lamelle doesn't catch the punt. That is how today went.

Reaction Score
I agree with you, and the fact we have to rely on a Frosh at such a critical position is not helping at all but speaks volumes re our depth. If we didn't have Sherriffs scrambling ability, this would be a long season..... The kid needs to understand the opportunity he has been given, and play every down like he could lose his job at any time. Based on what I saw today, it's seems clear that there is no one challenging the receivers for playing time. We are paper thin there.

WTF are you talking about. Mayala has moved Lucas to the bench, Lemelle out of the rotation and has moved ahead of McLean and maybe Beals as well. We have other WRs to play -- I assume he earned his snaps. Was he good today? no.

Reaction Score
WTF are you talking about. Mayala has moved Lucas to the bench, Lemelle out of the rotation and has moved ahead of McLean and maybe Beals as well. We have other WRs to play -- I assume he earned his snaps. Was he good today? no.

If you need me to restate my position in a more simplistic form for you, just let me know..... He sucked today!

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
After reading the title to this thread all I can say is:

Alcohol can be a horrible thing.

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
Diaco? Verducci? Poindexter and Brown? ST coaches? Shirreffs? Any wideout not named Noel Thomas? Graham Stewart?

Fire away, have at 'em.

Edit: mod, please change title to "Who should lose their job because of today?"

Love ya, but to include Bryant is ridiculous. You should have used your "Edit"to delete his name.

Reaction Score
If you need me to restate my position in a more simplistic form for you, just let me know..... He sucked today!
+1. Looked like he took touches away from Beals which I cannot understant. Beals has been great as a WR2 this year and it seemed like he was underutilized due to the use of Mayala.

Reaction Score
+1. Looked like he took touches away from Beals which I cannot understant. Beals has been great as a WR2 this year and it seemed like he was underutilized due to the use of Mayala.

Mayala had 4 targets w/ 2 receptions (1 for 4yds/1 for 6 yds). Beal was targeted 3 times w/ 2 receptions (1 for 8 yds/ 1 for 27yds and TD).

Mayala also recovered Shirreffs fumble in the beginning of the game. As w/ most true freshman wide receivers blocking downfield is a skill that must be learned.

Reaction Score
Graham Stewart. 4 years and still doesn't know how to take a proper angle. And most of the OL. Can't recognize a blitz to save there lives. Luckily the guard cam double the nose while a linebacker goes and decapitates BS.
Love the Stewart bashers...He lead the team in tackles today playing both sides and middle. He does what the coaching staff demands...but what do they know?

Steward played an excellent game. His job was to spy the QB. He did it exceptionally well. It made USF change offenses. That because useless after USF went to the full backfield. Then Diaco had no answers.
Whooo easy Pal, you are going way over many heads here. ;)

My honest answer? I don't think that this warrants dismissal/benching for any of the people I listed. I'm just a) extremely pissed off right now and b) trying to spark discussion. Reiterating, I don't think jobs need to be lost, but this football team needs drastic drastic changes to be made. Maybe here some specific ideas will come up.
:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:
Only on The Boneyard can you find one posting a thread and disagreeing with themselves. :D No spitting match here Stair but drastic would apply to bringing back Paul and George. When most the players you have on the field are young there are absolutely no moves you can make. You make the speech over and over that we are getting better until we do.

RedStickHusky

formerly SeoulHuskyFan
Reaction Score
End of the 1st half with about 10 seconds to go and the call a swing pass? You have time for at least 2 plays and have a to left and the run a play that will run out the clock even if it works? Whoever called that ought not be allowed near the offense again ever. There is an old Irish saying that someone is too cute by half. That fits Diaco and company to a tee I think.
BS checked down to the swing when his end zone throw wasn't there -- should've known to throw it away. that's why Diaco got in his face.

RedStickHusky

formerly SeoulHuskyFan
Reaction Score
Yeah, the disappearance of Lucas and Lemelle is a disappointment to me. Beals has shown big play ability, Mayala looks more like the guys ahead of him have played their way out of the rotation.

RedStickHusky

formerly SeoulHuskyFan
Reaction Score
As long as we're making a list though, I think we should fire the director of the CDC cause ebola and cancer are still out there... and Santa Claus... he really didn't get it done for me last year. Oh, and maybe Willie Taggart for doing a better job of turning USF's train wreck around then I would've wanted him to.

Reaction Score
Tight Ends had 8 catches today [plus a few more targets?? (Bloom caught 5 for 97 and Myers had 3 for 33).
Those stats just show how open they were all day. They couldn't be covered. It was like a jump ball over the middle that USF was too small to compete for. To many Ron Johnson wide runs for no gain or a loss. The TE's could have been used a lot more.

Reaction Score
As long as we're making a list though, I think we should fire the director of the CDC cause ebola and cancer are still out there... and Santa Claus... he really didn't get it done for me last year. Oh, and maybe Willie Taggart for doing a better job of turning USF's train wreck around then I would've wanted him to.

Best post on thid thread by far

Reaction Score
On Stewart, anybody with a modicum of football background can observe he missed key tackles, and those with a bit more experience know he is often out of position, and those who have played or coached know why he is out of position. Bottom line: the Kid can't process what is happening in real time- can't make reads or decisions and has poor field awareness. Super physical skill, dumb as a rock football IQ.

Final thought- "bend don't break" is a euphemism for not being able to be a shutdown D and hoping the other team makes a mistake before you give up points. It's pathetic. OurD line crapped out and penetration stopped, and the OLBs couldn't contain on the edge. I don't have enough fingers to count the times I saw LBs sucked up and unable to get off a block. In secondary, Adams was getting burned. But, he also was constantly run supporting to get where LBs were not.

Reaction Score
BS checked down to the swing when his end zone throw wasn't there -- should've known to throw it away. that's why Diaco got in his face.
I couldn't see that from my seat but ok. Wouldn't have been an issue if they didn't waste 23 seconds getting a play in

RedStickHusky

formerly SeoulHuskyFan
Reaction Score
Yeah, they can't stay clean in traffic but they are coming from so far inside that there has to be a scheme of read issue as well. Spot on wrt the safeties having to be so involved in the run game. That switch to the greenback option won the game; we had no answer.

Reaction Score
No one mentioned the refs. How about when the kid stepped out of bounds on that long run and even USF players were ready to walk back during review?

Reaction Score
Love the Stewart bashers...He lead the team in tackles today playing both sides and middle. He does what the coaching staff demands...but what do they know?

Whooo easy Pal, you are going way over many heads here. ;)

:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:
Only on The Boneyard can you find one posting a thread and disagreeing with themselves. :D No spitting match here Stair but drastic would apply to bringing back Paul and George. When most the players you have on the field are young there are absolutely no moves you can make. You make the speech over and over that we are getting better until we do.

Leading the team in tackles was almost as useless as total yards yesterday. If the tackle was at the line of scrimmage fine, but most were seven yards downfield. How do you know he is doing everything the coaches are asking? I don't know what they are asking in terms of scheme, but I do know they want him to recognize and diagnose plays and take a proper angle to the ball, which he consistently fails to do in key situations.

Reaction Score
On Stewart, anybody with a modicum of football background can observe he missed key tackles, and those with a bit more experience know he is often out of position, and those who have played or coached know why he is out of position. Bottom line: the Kid can't process what is happening in real time- can't make reads or decisions and has poor field awareness. Super physical skill, dumb as a rock football IQ.

Final thought- "bend don't break" is a euphemism for not being able to be a shutdown D and hoping the other team makes a mistake before you give up points. It's pathetic. OurD line crapped out and penetration stopped, and the OLBs couldn't contain on the edge. I don't have enough fingers to count the times I saw LBs sucked up and unable to get off a block. In secondary, Adams was getting burned. But, he also was constantly run supporting to get where LBs were not.

Completely agree with everything you said. I hate the bend don't break. I have Alot of faith in our CBs but when you have all day to throw somebody will get open. BD must see how much trouble we have with pressure. Maybe once in a while he should send some extra rushers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
macklin

Top Bottom