Who says that Napheesa is playing like an AA? | The Boneyard

Who says that Napheesa is playing like an AA?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oldbones

Hates Surprises
Reaction Score
upload_2016-12-13_9-11-6.png
Old bones says so, but he has no vote..................

Reaction Score
Maybe Kara should look to take the helm at Tennessee. They could use a jumpstart.

Reaction Score
More like a "Karastart"!:cool:
As we've seen many times over the years, a refusal to change coaches after years of underperformance, is simply putting off the inevitable. Its best to look at Warlick's salary as money already spent.
Despite our love of everything celebrity, and, yes, that includes, athletes, in a team sport, the wizard behind the curtain is THE difference in performance. And, its a responsibility the great ones relish. And, the Huskies are the perfect example. Unfortunately, the leadership at Tennessee, like many, are seemingly satisfied with mediocrity, or some semblance of it. As she's proven already, Vandy's hire of White has made a tremendous difference. Had they decided to make the change last year, she was the LVs for the taking. Don't know if Kara's got the coaching chops, but, there's no doubting her game knowledge. For the good of WCBB, would love see her return to the LVs as coach, hopefully, sooner rather than later. With the recruits they already have on deck, it might be the match the LVs need to get back into the mix.

HGN

Reaction Score
Maybe Kara should look to take the helm at Tennessee. They could use a jumpstart.
Well MDoggie , not to beat a dead horse , but she couldn't do much worse. It appears , and I want to stress 'appears' , to be good talent on the LV team. But its not playing up to its potential. Kara , Catchings , or DeMoss , might be able to get them to play up to its potential. Why they don't do it for Holly I don't know.

NO ONE can replace Pat Summitt, but they better find somebody before the program really tanks and its impossible to get it back to respectability. USC and MSU are barking at the door and will soon take over if the Vols are not careful and continue to tank.

If not Kara , then who? And Who may not want the job.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score

To my knowledge, Kara has not expressed or displayed any inclination toward becoming a coach.

And besides, for my money she is probably the best analyst ESPN has, regardless of gender. In just a few short years she established herself as an obvious superstar in broadcasting. I'm just waiting for her to get her own show.

BigBird

Et In Hoc Signo Vinces
Reaction Score
Becky Hammon

Hammon would be the kind of home run hire that most male AD's are too faint-hearted to make. We wouldn't want a women's program to take any of the thunder away from male sports programs, now would we?

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
A few things really impress me about Pheese's offensive play:

1) Her constant motion. Because of this her pick and roll activity makes her tough here.

2) Her cutting ability. Not just cutting toward the basket, but her ability to "juke" her defender before she makes her cuts. Also her timing as to when to make her cuts.

3) Her ability to stop and pop. Difficult for someone of her size to stop that forward or sideways motion in order to get off her shot.

4) Her soft hands in receiving passes.

5) Her understanding of her spots on the floor and the most efficient way to get there. Most players think they can score from anywhere on the floor, and for the very good players this may be true. But what spots can you score from with the highest efficiency UNDER GAMEPLAY CONDITIONS? Most players, even the great ones take time to locate those spots on the floor. At a young age she knows where they are, which of her shots are the most effective from those spots, and the most efficient way to get there.

6) Her variety of shots: Back to the basket, face up, mid range, 3 pointers, dribble drive.

She's going to be one nasty senior since she clearly is an AA now. Also, wait until Danger really starts to read this young lady.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Absolutely not. I LOVE what Holly is doing there! ;)

Yep, she's driving the bus right off the cliff.

A question for everyone - IF the voting for "All America" was held TODAY, do you think Collier & Williams would be selected to the 1st team? If so, why. If not, why? :rolleyes:

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Yep, she's driving the bus right off the cliff.

A question for everyone - IF the voting for "All America" was held TODAY, do you think Collier & Williams would be selected to the 1st team? If so, why. If not, why? :rolleyes:
No.
Because there is a momentum and inertia thing that happens with these votes as with the votes in any sport at any level. For example and I really am not trying to pick on her, but everyone knows her history so:
DD - comes into college HIGHLY recruited and in a blockbuster deal, she has some serious athleticism and UNC does better than expected and she is a shoe in for ROY because everyone was watching and talking about her when there were actually some better freshman on her own team let alone across the country. And since then she has been on every POY watch list and AA list while never playing close to that kind of level.

Collier and Williams are both playing really well, but they are fighting that kind of inertia, and do not yet have the universal recognition required to create the momentum of chatter. If Uconn keeps winning and they keep performing as they are then by March, maybe. In awards voting though they will be competing against their teammates as well for recognition which will split away a little of their individual votes - one voter includes Lou and Gabby, one includes Lou and Napheesa, and one includes Napheesa and Gabby, but all three include Wilson and Turner for example.

Reaction Score
If they keep winning, I can't see how you ignore Lou, Collier or Williams on at least one of the all american teams.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
As we've seen many times over the years, a refusal to change coaches after years of underperformance, is simply putting off the inevitable. Its best to look at Warlick's salary as money already spent.
Despite our love of everything celebrity, and, yes, that includes, athletes, in a team sport, the wizard behind the curtain is THE difference in performance. And, its a responsibility the great ones relish. And, the Huskies are the perfect example. Unfortunately, the leadership at Tennessee, like many, are seemingly satisfied with mediocrity, or some semblance of it. As she's proven already, Vandy's hire of White has made a tremendous difference. Had they decided to make the change last year, she was the LVs for the taking. Don't know if Kara's got the coaching chops, but, there's no doubting her game knowledge. For the good of WCBB, would love see her return to the LVs as coach, hopefully, sooner rather than later. With the recruits they already have on deck, it might be the match the LVs need to get back into the mix.
I don't know if Kara has the desire to coach at her alma mater, but their could be one additional benefit to WBB fans everywhere. Geno likes Kara, and Kara has been very complementary of UConn. Such a move could lead to the resurrection of the UConn-TN rivalry. With all the water under the bridge since TN dropped UConn after PS's infamous 32 page report, I truly miss the excitement generated by the Huskies against the Vols.

JoePgh

Cranky pants and wise acre
Reaction Score
I don't know if Kara has the desire to coach at her alma mater, but their could be one additional benefit to WBB fans everywhere. Geno likes Kara, and Kara has been very complementary of UConn. Such a move could lead to the resurrection of the UConn-TN rivalry. With all the water under the bridge since TN dropped UConn after PS's infamous 32 page report, I truly miss the excitement generated by the Huskies against the Vols.
A few people on VolNation have mentioned the possibility of Shea Ralph taking the Tennessee HC job. It actually makes quite a bit of sense -- a big improvement for the LV's even if Shea does not prove to be a young and female version of Geno, and probably a big career and financial leap for Shea. And that would also (you would think) lead to a repair of the rift between UConn and Tennessee, and maybe even a game on future years' schedules.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom