Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
i tried to keep the title short! :)

is it a guard like Briscoe

a SF clarke jones etc

stone

Reaction Score
I'm going to say Stone, if for no other reason than he is so highly rated, great centers are very hard to come by, and we seem to be in his final 2 most likely.

Being in a top five players final 2 or 3 would seem to me a great reason to push as hard as you can for him.

Reaction Score
All in on Stone and anyone of Jones, Clarke or Mack. Something tells me this might be a 5 person class

Reaction Score
Can't tell if the bold is there as a hint or just a mistake.

Dogbreath2U

RIP, DB2U
Reaction Score
What if you could pick just one of the group we are looking at? Most would say Stone, but if I could pick one, it would be Briscoe. An Adams and Briscoe backcourt......that would be tough to beat.

Reactions: THC

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
I'll be happy with Briscoe but every time I read about players who are physically cut above their peers my mind goes to Kelvin Torbert of Mich St. and Paul Harris of SU.

Reaction Score
What if you could pick just one of the group we are looking at? Most would say Stone, but if I could pick one, it would be Briscoe. An Adams and Briscoe backcourt.that would be tough to beat.

We have the backcourt covered for a while with TSam, Cassell Jr, Adams, maybe Purvis and even Hamilton and Omar a little.........give me more size or if either Purvis/Dham leave, a wing........
But back to the wall - STONE

C

Chief00

Stone or Jones - haven't heard much package talk lately. That WI article was a little discouraging but keep in mind, I believe the quotes were his Dad's. Most good parents want their kids to play nearby. It's understandable.

Jones would bring a big time athlete. I think Enoch and Adams both can score very consistently.

I love that The Rock understands his ticket to playing time. Calhoun once said it's amazing how many guys don't get that or get it much later than they should. Rock knows it's rebounding and he will learn post defense.

Reaction Score
Stone for me, I think he could bring a NC even in 2 year whereas would Briscoe even play over Purvis next year?

What if you could pick just one of the group we are looking at? Most would say Stone, but if I could pick one, it would be Briscoe. An Adams and Briscoe backcourt.that would be tough to beat.

Reaction Score
Because of the opportunity, I think it's Stone. If you don't believe Brimah's going to have a HUGE improvement this year, then he will be back in '15-'16 with two years of improvement over what we've seen so far to compete with Stone for PT. And Nolan is back as a senior. Nolan can play the 4, but you'll have him, Facey, Lubin, and Enoch all trying to get those minutes. 80 minutes to split 6 ways.

I think the bigger issue is at the 3. Hamilton has the potential to be a one-and-done. I don't think it will happen, but if it does, it probably means we've had a really good year. OC is there, but I don't think we know what to expect from him. KO will want another 2/3 for sure if Hamilton leaves. And getting a top guy either requires seeing DH flop (not gonna happen) or leave. So, while I suspect the staff would love to get a top 2/3 to commit, it's going to take until spring before Clarke, Jones, etc know if the PT they want will be available or not. It will be nearly impossible to convince any of those guys to spend a year coming off the bench, I expect.

There is a similar situation at the 1/2 with Purvis who can play himself into the NBA this season. But, again, getting a top guy (aside from Newman?) to come may mean Purvis has to leave so the PT is there for the recruit (and Adams).

I'll bet KO and the staff are more concerned about the 1/2/3 situation, but they can't do much about it until spring while Stone could commit now regardless of how the '15-'16 roster shakes out over the coming year. I can see them passing on C if they don't get Stone or Comanche at this point in favor of a 1/2 and a 2/3 or waiting and getting more of a project 5 in the spring to develop behind Brimah, Nolan, et. al.

Reaction Score
Yeah with Enoch we really don't have to worry about the 4/5 for the next couple years until at least Phil graduates. There may be a hole at the 2/3 next year, but we have no idea whether or not DHam and Purvis will play themselves in to the NBA. If they do, TS, Jr, and Omar aren't exactly something to sneeze at, but it would be nice to have a fourth guy come in who can play either position. I think Jones or Clarke are the best bets there.... something just tells me Newman isn't gonna be our guy.

Oh edit of course there's also Briscoe, would be beyond happy to have him. I wonder how that situation has been going; seemed like we were off of him for a while there.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Mack or jones and call it day. and if stone wants in, him too. I've done thinking and there isn't much room for briscoe or newman. Cassell, Samuel, and Adams are all going to be serious contributers in the backcourt. Also throw in senior calhoun. ( I fully expect purvis to play himself into the first round this year). Maybe KO waits to sign some 2016 guards.

Reaction Score
i tried to keep the title short! :)

is it a guard like Briscoe

a SF clarke jones etc

stone
Wow being a father is impacting your research. I used to rely on you for the answer to your question.

Reaction Score
Q. Well ... I guess we also can say who is off our list.

Baptiste (of course)
Comanche
Jean Marie
etc

We still do Diamond Stone ... just because.

And the classic Calhouney: which one Commits first - Clarke or Jones.

Reaction Score
We seem to have plenty of guards.
Stone seems to fit the biggest need in that class. Right behind him I'd take Jones. He's going to be a nightly highlight reel for whoever lands him.

Reaction Score
As a poker player, I would say "Stone" in a heart beat.

Getting Stone may likely get "Newman" for us.

Reaction Score
I want Stone because landing an elite, blue-chip recruit that everyone wants would be a huge pump-up for the program. It completely puts to bed any questions about UConn's ability to recruit post-Calhoun, post-Big East, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom