Who is the Maryland OC? | The Boneyard

Who is the Maryland OC?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Double reverse with a pass to a wideout, WTF. How did they get that past FHCRE?

Reaction Score

I think it's Mike Locksley, the guy that they kind of brought in to appease the fans when RE had a bad first year. The fans were calling for his head, and Locksley was sort of the coach in waiting if RE continued to up. RE is off the hot seat now, big time off, and he knows how to stay off - adapt and advance. BTW, did you just see that catch by Stephon Diggs? That kid is big time.

Reaction Score
I think it's Mike Locksley, the guy that they kind of brought in to appease the fans when RE had a bad first year. The fans were calling for his head, and Locksley was sort of the coach in waiting if RE continued to up. RE is off the hot seat now, big time off, and he knows how to stay off - adapt and advance. BTW, did you just see that catch by Stephon Diggs? That kid is big time.

If I recall correctly, Locksley was hired by the AD, Kevin Anderson, to shore up the recruiting and to be the OC. At the time, MD was losing many previously committed recruits and the offense wasn't doing anything special. My guess is that Anderson (who was under immense pressure at the time himself for the hire of RE) gave Edsall a choice, either you let me bring him in here to help you right now, or he comes in here anyway...and you leave!

There are some parallels to our situation here. I'm sure Warde thought that when he told PP to get rid of GDL as OC after last season, that PP wouldn't allow GDL to mess up the offense anymore. Unfortunately, PP couldn't bring himself to sever the relationship completely and allowed GDL to hang around "coaching" the OL. What a mistake! In the end, I believe this was the root cause of his downfall occurring in mid-season!

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
Its a bird!
Its a plane!
Its Randy Edsall being totally unprepared for the mobile QB of a ranked team on the road and getting his doors blown off as a result!

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Didn't we do something like that at USF ~ 2008?

Reaction Score
Maryland is better this season than they have been the past 2, but thats not saying much. I don't think they win more than 6 or 7 games. Wvu was a decent win (although we may find out that this is their worst season in a long time), and they haven't played anyone until today....and today is UGLY.

I think RE is on better footing now, slightly...but i don't think he's off the hot seat yet. The fact that he's being beaten to death (again) by a ranked team (again) and a mobile QB (again), isnt helping his case.

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
Ya know...as much as I miss the RE teams versus the PP teams....watching that game today reminded me of the games against WVU when UConn not only played not to lose......they played not to lose too badly. He still has to prove he can come up with an aggressive creative gameplan against teams that have more talent. RE always beats who he should beat..and can beat a more talented team who is not tough mentally (ND, SC)...but he can't creatively gameplan against teams that have more talent.

Md is getting more and more talent..so he will probably be alright...but I miss him less when I see the egg that MD is laying on the field in Tallahasee.

Reaction Score
The FSU QB is a RS frosh. He was already having a great year coming into today. Dual sport athlete (baseball) as well. Must be nice .....for FSU fans.

Reactions: TKs
Reaction Score
The FSU QB is a RS frosh. He was already having a great year coming into today. Dual sport athlete (baseball) as well. Must be nice .....for FSU fans.

number 1 pick in the draft in 2 years if he keeps this up, kid is a flat out stud.

Reaction Score
...as neither a fan of RE or BK...I hope ND gets trounced by AZ State today too.

Reaction Score
Mel Kiper said that Edsall was one of the best coaches in the country this morning.

Reaction Score
Mel Kiper said that Edsall was one of the best coaches in the country this morning.
Bill King has siad Edsall was one of the top coaches in the country many times too.

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
Bill King has siad Edsall was one of the top coaches in the country many times too.

I find Bill King unlistenable lately. Too many commercials. Its worse than ESPN radio....which is saying something.

Reaction Score
I think FSU is the best team in the ACC. Better than Clemson.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: THC
Reaction Score
I think FSU is the best team in the ACC. Better than Clemson.

Clemson is very good and their skill position players, especially Sammy Watkins are speedy. The QB is good.

FSU will have some problems with Clemson's offense and vice versa.......we'll see how it shakes out in two weeks...at Clemson (a real home field advantage stadium).

Reaction Score
Clemson is very good and their skill position players, especially Sammy Watkins are speedy. The QB is good.

FSU will have some problems with Clemson's offense and vice versa.......we'll see how it shakes out in two weeks...at Clemson (a real home field advantage stadium).

Looking forward to that game. Should be a good one.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score

They did a dopey reverse pass against UConn last year that lost the game for them.

Reaction Score
In some ways this loss is just so Randy.

Starts the year off with a nice win streak, things look promising and then Maryland cracks the Top 25.

Then they get utterly obliterated against FSU.

It's kind of like when we went down to UNC and had three punts blocked by the same guy and fell out of the Top 25. Good times?

Reaction Score
Md practically mutinied on RE his 1st year with 8 players including an all ACC LT named R.J.Dill who transfered to RU and a 2nd tm all ACC QB who transfered to Wisky and RE couldn't buy a recruit till fired N.Mex coach super recruiter who was on MDs blacklist was forced on him or RE was gone!Locksley loves those flashy plays cause we know what plays RE would never call!

TKs

Reaction Score
Terps got torched by QB Winstons arm not his mobility. 400 yds passing w/5 TDs in 3 qtrs. he only had 27 yds rushing. One of the best passing QBs in the country as a frosh. FSU is going to blow out alot of teams home & away this year & next. Maryland was over rated but Edsell does have them headed in the right direction. FSU @ Clemson in 2 weeks should be epic.

Reaction Score
Md practically mutinied on RE his 1st year with 8 players including an all ACC LT named R.J.Dill who transfered to RU and a 2nd tm all ACC QB who transfered to Wisky and RE couldn't buy a recruit till fired N.Mex coach super recruiter who was on MDs blacklist was forced on him or RE was gone!Locksley loves those flashy plays cause we know what plays RE would never call!

??? I wouldn't say Dill was part of the mutiny. During his recruitment, it came down to UCONN (then coached by Edsall) and MD. He chose MD but had great things to say about UCONN. The All ACC QB was a me first player who couldn't take coach who was demanding. The rumors out of college park was that it was that qb (O'Brien) who tried to lead a mutiny.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom