Who is the Husky you wished won a championship the most? | The Boneyard

Who is the Husky you wished won a championship the most?

Reaction Score
Hard to choose, plenty of options. This isn’t who was the best player to not win one. My top 3 would be:

Jeff Adrien
Adrien was a beast, a monster at times. I loved how old school his game was. Tough around the glass, strong hands, real attitude.

Rudy Gay
Rudy was maybe the most skilled Husky. His athleticism, coordination, basketball IQ was ridiculous. Smooth down the court, massive wingspan and could throw it down

But the winner, Stanley Robinson
Stanley’s evolution feels similar to Andre. Tough kid, great story, and an absolute freak around the rim. His 09 season was impressive and was always good to blow the roof off the place once a game with a high flying dunk. I could have swore when he dunked the putback with one min left vs MSU to pull within 3 (after being down a dozen) we were winning

Reaction Score
all of the above are good picks, but to me the first is Ray Allen. I remember how dejected I felt after UConn lost to Mississippi St. in the Sweet 16 in 1996 knowing he, Sheffer, and Travis Knight would never get the chance to win experience a Final Four let alone win a championship title.

Reaction Score
Any of the guys that stuck it out through the hellscape of the Ollie era and decided to give Hurley a chance.

Whaley, Polley, Adams, Vital. Anyone else?

We don't have a championship today if those guys didn't stick around. Our culture isn't the same if those guys didn't buy in 100%.

Reaction Score
Smitty, Ray Ray, Donyell, Caron, 2009.

These were lights out studs whose biggest opponent was fate.
2009 looked like an NBA team with Dyson.
Donyells missed FTs against Florida. Crushing

Reaction Score
Gotta be Ray Allen. He'd be talked about as one of the all-time college greats along with already being one of the all-time NBA greats.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Drummond. Then we would have won three in four years.

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
Ray is my obvious choice, but would have felt great for Donyell, Doron, Adrien, Price, Caron.

Reaction Score
Hard to choose, plenty of options. This isn’t who was the best player to not win one. My top 3 would be:

Jeff Adrien
Adrien was a beast, a monster at times. I loved how old school his game was. Tough around the glass, strong hands, real attitude.

Rudy Gay
Rudy was maybe the most skilled Husky. His athleticism, coordination, basketball IQ was ridiculous. Smooth down the court, massive wingspan and could throw it down

But the winner, Stanley Robinson
Stanley’s evolution feels similar to Andre. Tough kid, great story, and an absolute freak around the rim. His 09 season was impressive and was always good to blow the roof off the place once a game with a high flying dunk. I could have swore when he dunked the putback with one min left vs MSU to pull within 3 (after being down a dozen) we were winning
The two people I think who almost carried a team on he back to the promised land were:
Ray 1995- 1996
Caron 2001-2 and neither saw a FF
They deserved to get here if not win it all .

95 and 2002 they lost to the eventual NC in the round of 8

StllH8L8ner

You’ll get nothing and like it!
Reaction Score
Smitty and Ray.

I don’t know why I’m awake right now.

Reaction Score
Ray.

If only he had been born a few years later (3 years later) he could have been teamed up with RIP, Jake, Moore, Freeman, Mouring, and El-Amin. Imagine 99 with Ray as well, no one would touch that team, undefeated, and every win, aside from maybe Duke, by double digits.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom