Who is the best college basketball TV broadcast team of all time? | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Who is the best college basketball TV broadcast team of all time?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
JVG is calling the UConn women's game tonight and doing a pretty good job.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Thank God. I can't believe Al was 14 posts in. Shows you how young the demographics skews here.

The holy grail for the longest time was Maguire, Packer and Enberg (I think). But, I'll take the combo and schtick of Bilas, Rafferty and McDonough (and I'm aware that I probably butchered the spelling of a few names) any day. The Bilas and Rafferty stuff is always great. Bilas plays the role of the straight guy/set up man and Rafferty nails the punch line and vice versa. They sound like three guys you would watch the game with at a bar.

Reaction Score
I like McGuire, Bilas, Fraschilla, and Knight
I think now that my favorite play by play guy for
any sport is Dave Sims

Reaction Score
For those who remember listening to UConn games on WTIC in the 50s, 60s and early 70s, who can forget George Ehrlich who did the play-by-play and Floyd Richards who was his sidekick. Ehrlich was a very competent play-by-play guy who enabled you to mentally follow a game. He also was enough of a "homer" to always maintain your interest in the game.

It was another era, to be sure, but those guys certainly made you feel like you really knew the team and what you should expect from the Huskies and their opponent.
Ehrlich was great! My love for Huskies basketball began at 9 years old listening to Ehrlich and Richards on WTIC, during the Toby Kimball days. Ehrlich had a great knack for describing the action so that you could envision the game in your mind, and also had a tone of voice that conveyed a sense of excitement, even when the game was not close. Still my favorite play-by-play guy, with all due respect to Joe D, who is also very good. Floyd Richards was a very good color guy, for someone who had not played the game (at least to my knowledge).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hipline

Top Bottom