Who is more likely to compete for an NC? | The Boneyard

Who is more likely to compete for an NC?

Status
Not open for further replies.

CBus13

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
*****EDIT*** Who is more likely to COMPETE for an NC - UCLA's "FabFive" class or UNC's Diamond and Diamonettes?

Of course we don't know how the season's will unfold and neither could win but who do you think has the best chance?

I would say UCLA since most of those girls have already played together for at least a year or two and they might learn offensive sets...

Last edited:

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Neither. UCONN will be winning 5 total NC's in a row rendering the UNC and UCLA classes impotent. ;)

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
Compete for a NC would be a better phrase. And not this year, I think, with UCLA being shorthanded and UNC dealing with Sylvia's illness.

Assuming all goes well on both fronts, possibly UNC. Coach has been there before, but also has had years of epic disappointment. UCLA will partly suffer from playing in the Pac12, not because I think the conference is all that bad, but because there is a distinctive referee style and style of play that affect post season success.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Compete for a NC would be a better phrase. And not this year, I think, with UCLA being shorthanded and UNC dealing with Sylvia's illness.

Assuming all goes well on both fronts, possibly UNC. Coach has been there before, but also has had years of epic disappointment. UCLA will partly suffer from playing in the Pac12, not because I think the conference is all that bad, but because there is a distinctive referee style and style of play that affect post season success.
Not sure we are not all headed toward a Pac10 style of refereeing - at least that is what the Pac10 is claiming is their big advantage this year!

ChicagoGG

Windy City Kitty
Reaction Score
UCLA's "FabFive" class or UNC's Diamond and Diamonettes?

Of course we don't know how the season's will unfold and neither could win but who do you think has the best chance?

I would say UCLA since most of those girls have already played together for at least a year or two and they might learn offensive sets...

Umm, if either of them wins a NC, that means UCOnn doesn't. Which means you may be on the wrong board for a "like" or serious discussion on that post....

Zorro

Nuestro Zorro Amigo
Reaction Score
I will be very surprised if either crew makes a final four.

CBus13

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
Umm, if either of them wins a NC, that means UCOnn doesn't. Which means you may be on the wrong board for a "like" or serious discussion on that post....

Seeing as everyone here is a WCBB fan I see no reason why it could not be a serious discussion. I am not looking for any likes actually, I was just interested in what peoples opinions on these two classes and their potential because they are so highly touted. So thanks for your concern on my "like" count but BY'ers are Uconn fans first and foremost but they are also WCBB fans and can have discussions.

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
I will bite!!

I'm gonna go with UCLA. The Bruins took it to Stanford in the PAC12 Finals last year. I think Coach Close is a good coach and she should be able to have a good run with those 5 especially if she gets some players in the following classes to help cement a strong team and bench.

UNC?? I don't know. I just don't know. DD is an athlete but if they can't get past that unorganized disastrous offense that they displayed Monday night then I'm not sure how far they will get in the NCAA. There were times their players were driving down the lane and just throwing the ball at the basket. It was sad to watch. No offensive discipline at all.

With all that said, and to answer your question, gotta say UCLA 'could' compete for FF's!

Reaction Score
Unless the interim UNC coach can actually take control of DD and the Diamonds and get them to play a set offense and lock down defense there are a few NCAA teams that they will struggle to beat on athleticism alone. A couple of names are popping into my head! UNC will find that a few teams match their athleticism and are really good at putting the ball in the basket on a regular basis. On the other hand UCLA plays good O and D but may not have all the parts yet to make a final 4. The jury is still out but time will tell. I do not see them enough but will try to see more of them this year since it seems they will be at least a consistent sweet 16 participant in the near future.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom