Who is Going to the Wagner Game?

Will you go to Wagner game?

• Yes

Votes: 102 81.0%
  • No

Votes: 24 19.0%

• Total voters
Reaction Score
As I said on another thread, I am going to do all I can to be there, but I've got some serious rearranging to do with the family schedule. We are booked into a place on the Cape for the last week in August. Probably have to leave the family in Brewster, drive to the game, then hightail it back to the Cape in the wee hours (at least the Bourne and Sagamore bridges should be clear sailing).

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Wouldn't miss the home opener or any home game - Rarely have
This team needs/deserves the support
Would be nice to have Geno and DH bring their full teams also - without the pretense of signing autographs - just to show support

Reaction Score
Curious as to the results. After the announcement came that UCONN was going to Big East I saw a a lot of posters say they were done with UCONN. But there appears to be a turnaround here. So I ask - who is going to the Wagner game.

I’ll be the first to respond - NO

First home opener I have missed since the Rent opened.

I’m going. But no turnaround. The program is going to die but that doesn’t mean I am bailing early.

Reaction Score
Can't make it, it's my wedding anniversary. Of course, I will be discreetly checking the score at whatever restaurant I happen to be in . . .

Reaction Score
Curious as to the results. After the announcement came that UCONN was going to Big East I saw a a lot of posters say they were done with UCONN. But there appears to be a turnaround here. So I ask - who is going to the Wagner game.

I’ll be the first to respond - NO

First home opener I have missed since the Rent opened.

If I lived in Connecticut, I'd make an appointment to watch grass grow... Sorry, whoever thought this is a great idea should be FIRED!!

Reaction Score
Absolutely yes.

The most entertaining game I went to last year was the Rhode Island game. Not just because it was the only game we actually won, (and sure, it was a weak FCS opponent), but it was a beautiful sunny September afternoon and there were a ton of points scored. UConn 56 Rhody 49. Made for a fun game to watch.

I still love to go to the Rent and watch UConn football, no matter the opponent, and I'll hang in there with them until there's no more football left to be played (hopefully it won't come to that).

Plus all this might not be as bad as the naysayers think. We'll see.

Reaction Score
I was really hesitant at first for independence but im actually more excited about it now then the AAC schedule. No one wants to see Tulsa/Tulane/Houston even when ranked. Let’s win some games, build the program, and show the world what an angry UConn can do!

Reaction Score
If anything this anti-football move by the bigwigs who ran this program into the ground has hardened my support for the football team. It however has turned me against the basketball fans.

Reaction Score
No but it’s because it’s a Thursday night. My first day back of teaching and soccer tryouts. Otherwise I would. Seriously hate non-Saturday games.

Reaction Score
Whoever thought “what” is a great idea?

My feelings has shifted a bit. I'm still not to thrilled with us going to a conference made up of private schools (will we be the only public school in the BE?), but I hope this will help the football team.

Reaction Score
My feelings has shifted a bit. I'm still not to thrilled with us going to a conference made up of private schools (will we be the only public school in the BE?), but I hope this will help the football team.

What does that have to do w/ the Wagner football game?

Reaction Score
What does that have to do w/ the Wagner football game?
What I'm saying is that my views shifted on us getting out of the AAC. I think if as an independent, we might thrive. I'm not going to say that we are going to be ND or BYU, but I know that if I was in Connecticut (got transferred when my office relocated), I would be going to Wagner.

That said, if we thought we were on the island of misfits in the AAC, we are on a bigger island of misfits since IIRC, we will be the only public school...in a catholic league...

Reaction Score
he’ll probably post from his boat asking what the score is.

well you are on the internet i believe there are ways to find out sir.
I might be on my boat, but if Connecticut was smart, I'd still be there. I miss Connecticut's scenery and the food. Besides, I believe UConn is now on an iHeart radio station. Am I correct?

Alum86

Did they burn down the ROTC Hangar?
Reaction Score
I might be on my boat, but if Connecticut was smart, I'd still be there. I miss Connecticut's scenery and the food. Besides, I believe UConn is now on an iHeart radio station. Am I correct?
Yeah. We’re on internet radio. You can listen. We used to be on 1080 that almost reached Florida for heaven’s sake. Now we’re on FM in CT that reaches to about Rocky Hill.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom